LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gruesome Meal?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

40%
  [ 6 ]  40%

26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

1 (Worst)  
26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:03 pm

Yuck! A bland rare that gives at best a -3 strength reduction, and it costs 2 twilight to top it all off.

The only question is: does the "he or she" part refer to the Orc minion, or the companion? I’m assuming it refers to the companion, since Brad said that there are no Orc archers in this set.

A 2.5 from me. It’s only playable with Orc Skulker, and even then it’s not so good. Although I suppose that it could be a nice way to overwhelm someone, since when overwhelming it is better to reduce a companion’s strength rather than increase your own.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:04 pm
This card would be better if it only costed 1, and the pic is a close-up of Orkish Camp.

A 3 from me. Neutral
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Even so, the colors go really well with the culture template.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:06 pm
Yuck, this is one gross card, both in picture and in text. Bleh, worst card I have seen in this set to date. Another one for Elf Lvr’s bland rares. 1.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:21 pm
Subtracting from a companion’s strength can be much more significant than adding to a minion’s strength, due to the increased potential for an overwhelm. For that reason I think this card might be a decent choice for certain situations.

But, deckbuilders will still have to ask themselves:
Are there stronger Orc events available? (Yes.)
Are skirmish pumps a good way to combat Free Peoples archery? (No.)

I’ll give it a 2.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:04 am
Reducing a companions str is always awesome. But costs a bit and orcs can use other cards better. Still gets a 3 though.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 am
With isengard underling you can pack it in your hands up to 4 times, that could mean -8 to -12 to a companions strength and thus auto-overwhelm even with underling himself, but the cost is too high so I give it 3.
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Well, the only reason I don’t like this is because it’s rare, I don’t love abiding evil for the same reason, so I’ll give it a 4 because it IS useful.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if they cut the second part, and made it cost one it would be OK (and an U max!)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AdultLink
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 pm
I think this card is a three. I mean, how often are we seeing more twilight added in maneuver with all the followers that continue to be used? I dunno, I think the cost isn’t that bad for the payoff. Black Land Shrieker likes this card a lot. Much easier and reliable than Abiding Evil, since burdens aren’t a factor.
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit