LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Isildur, Sword-bearer?

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 12 ]  46%

26%
  [ 7 ]  26%

15%
  [ 4 ]  15%

11%
  [ 3 ]  11%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 26
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:14 pm

Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! Wonderfully cheap for 7 strength, but his main downside is his low resistance.

His other drawback is that if he loses a skirmish, you have to exert someone. But with his ability that triggers when he wins, you’ll be putting lots of gear on Isildur so it won’t be too likely that he will lose. Just assign someone weak to Isildur, and heal a companion! Then add in King’s Legacy and Banner of Westernesse, and you have some major healing capabilities.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:16 pm
Awesome card! Just ensure that he wins his skirmishes, and your fellowship is in ship shape! And he only costs 2! Shocked

A 5 from me! Cool
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:21 pm
I think this guy is, well, junk. That 1 resistance will be nothing but a target for any opponent. All sorts of Uruk-hai cards will rip him to shreds...
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
anonymous22
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm
7 str for 2 cost is really good. Does Gondor really need anymore healing?
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:45 pm
Isildur was a pampered gondorian prince. Even in the time when Sauron was ravaging Middle-Earth, all he ever had to worry about was what to wear. When his big, bad dad, Elendil, wanted to to out with some elven buddies and take out Sauron, Isildur thought it would be a good time.

Then he saw an orc chop of somone’s head and made THAT face.

That pic is soooooooooooooo weird.

Nice card, though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I like the card! And the resistance really makes him a difficult choice to play. Low cost, but low resistance. And I love the benefit!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:14 am
Great card. He’s appropriately weak to resistance hNOLINKate, and really doesn’t like losing skirmishes, but that easy healing text is great -- like having King’s Legacy built right in.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 am
Heck, use King’s Legacy with him and double your pleasure, double your fun!
All cards do what they say.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:25 am
I quite like this dude, id definately use him. Cos i would know hes instantly a target for cantea and uruks so it wouldnt bother me. But if you kept him alive, wow he’s useful. 2 cost for 7 strength and healing? 4 from me cos his exert drawback is painful.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:45 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Very nice for a cost 2 Knight companion. His inherent drawback isn’t that rough, and he easily overcomes it with his own text, which is pretty nice itself. Give him a sword, and you can cut any of your card slots devoted to healing and throw in more important stuff. Typical 1 resistance, which is a drag, but oh well.
I give him a 5.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit