LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Isildur, Sword-bearer?

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 12 ]  46%

26%
  [ 7 ]  26%

15%
  [ 4 ]  15%

11%
  [ 3 ]  11%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 26
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa 2 cost! you can start him with alcarin! KNIGHTS ARE BACK!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Ransom
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Sweet!!! I finally can get a decent starting fellowship for my knights. Of course, that means I can’t use him as my ring-bearer. Sad
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Very risky with that low resistance, but there are ways to build him up...at least a little bit. Give him a Gondorian Steed and a Ranger’s Cloak and he’s got 3 resistance. Elendil, High-king of Gondor takes him up to 4, which isn’t TOO terrible.

But even with the low resistance, he’s awesome. Risky, but awesome. I give him a 5.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
And the Gondorian Servant can go on him for 1 twilight every turn, too, so that makes him plus another 3.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
And the Gondorian Servant can go on him for 1 twilight every turn, too, so that makes him plus another 3.

Good call! That makes for a nice combo.

So there’s way to get around his drawback, which makes him even better.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:15 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
add in King’s Legacy and Banner of Westernesse, and you have some major healing capabilities.

Not Narsil?

Anyway, 5. Don’t lose any skirmishes
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:25 am
2 cost knight with alcarin is awesome! He shouldn’t have to lose with the knight keyword as he can use forts to dominate. Then he heals which helps immensely, but Then you lose the RB version which +1’s all your knights. Who do you use as an RB. I suppose Faramir with Armor of the White City.
anonymous22
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:44 pm
IMO, better then Boromir, hero of Osgiliath for the fact that he can start. Also no cultural reinforcement,meaning he can heal ANY companion.

Splashable?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:38 am
anonymous22 wrote:
IMO, better then Boromir, hero of Osgiliath for the fact that he can start. Also no cultural reinforcement,meaning he can heal ANY companion.

Splashable?

Wouldnt say so, youd need a sword and some events to make sure he wins, if you splash just him he can only beat 6 strength guys and if he loses its gonna hurt. Risky to splash him.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:36 am
Nice card, I like him. He’ll only get strength +2 benefits from cards such as Pledge of Loyalty or Rally the Company, but his resistance can be remedied. The new gondor follower that adds to resistance is one way, Measure of Comfort, Sting, Weapon of Heritage, Gondorian Steed, Elendil, High-king of Gondor are all ways that can get Isildur’s resistance up to get benefits from the skirmish events or cards such as G for Grand. He’s well-balanced, a double-edged sword if I ever saw one. Either win a skirmish and heal a companion, or lose and regret it. Nice card, gets a 4 from me just because of his drawback and resistance. Thumbs Up

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit