LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gondorian Servant, Denethor's Handman?

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Yay! Another free follower to sacrifice with the many Horns.

Gondor doesn’t have too many cards that trigger off of resistance, but it is a nice card if you have cards like Pledge of Loyalty or Rally the Company. Or, if Gandalf + G for Grand are included, you can make sure that your main companion gets the boost even if several burdens are added.

He can also be added to any deck that uses resistance, but he then essentially has an aid cost of 5. That’s a hefty cost, but if you don’t double-move and if your opponent can’t use twilight past the Shadow phase then it won’t hurt really. It’s also a nice way to add twilight for the Gandalf cards that need to spot twilight tokens, such as Deep in Thought.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 pm
Neat, but I would only use him for burning him with the Horns.

A 3.
I had to put something here.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm
He’s a nice replacement for Scroll of Isildur, though. A good way to ensure that your Ring-bearer remains corruption-free.
All cards do what they say.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:04 pm
If you transfer him to the RB at site 9, does he stay on him forever? Or does he transfer back before you win (which would possibly corrupt you)?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:40 pm
Followers transfer back at the end of the turn. At site 9, the game ends before the turn ends, so yes, he could keep your RB from being corrupted at site 9.
All cards do what they say.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 am
I’m liking that anti-corruption trick quite a bit. With no initial twilight cost, and only one copy necessary, this card could easily be splashed into any Gondor deck as a hedge against their main weakness.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:47 am
Resistance modifiers for gondor? Awesome. Isildur and Boromir gets +3? Its totally sweet. And the non rb isildur can maybe survive now. This is an awesome card I NEED him! 5 without a doubt.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:07 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:
Followers transfer back at the end of the turn. At site 9, the game ends before the turn ends, so yes, he could keep your RB from being corrupted at site 9.

Word! 4 from me!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:43 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
A nice resistance bonus for Gondor, at a cheap cost. Pretty bad on other companions. Very useful for Keeping Isildur, Heir of Elendil alive, but bland and seemingly useless other than that.
Meh. I give it 3.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hey another bland rare!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit