LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is The Faithful Stone?

5 (Best)  
65%
  [ 13 ]  65%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

Total Votes : 20
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if it was unique and culturally enforced it would be sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:52 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
So every third minion can’t be assigned? And its non-unique. Easily shuts down just about every swarm once you have one or two out, and three means that for every three minions played, none of those three may be assigned. (get a 3 tokens on each when three minons are played, use each one to prevent a different one of the three from being assigned.) Except against Wraith, in which case its useless.

Get four out and token reinforcement, and (at worst) for every three minions played, four can’t be assigned.

Decent reinforcement, and you could easily get double the result. Multi-player makes this better - unless they only use Wraith minions against you.

If there’s one that can add the first token, it makes it much worse, though.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:37 am
Wow. Four copies. Wow. Four tokens per minion and then three minions equals twelve tokens. remove 9 and no one fights. move again three more minions 12 tokens, remove 15 and only one minion fights.
Ransom
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:11 am
I think the idea behind this card was good, but they just messed up the execution. Give it cultural enforcement and make it unique, and it would be pretty decent.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:14 am
Ransom wrote:
I think the idea behind this card was good, but they just messed up the execution. Give it cultural enforcement and make it unique, and it would be pretty decent.

Im sure no one disagrees with you Ransom, i like it as well for its potential when its not broken, but how likely is D to ever change it? We both know the answer to that sadly.

Something Ive only just picked up on from what AC first said, that unbelievably makes it MORE broken, is playing against Men is an auto win. They dont have much condition removal apart from a sunland guy. Play 3 evil Men and you get 3 tokens and 1 cant fight. Seriously, not sure if this had less playtesting than destroyers and usurpers.....
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
anonymous22
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:36 pm
Gondor’s plentiful token reinforcement would make this card overpowered.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:52 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
WOW D has gone off the deep end.
Terrible they need to do some playtesting.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Foresight
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:14 pm
I really can’t say much more than what has already been said, as this card is indeed broken. If my player group doesn’t outlaw this card like I’m nagging them to, then I’ll be forced to play Wraith shadow sides only. Sad 5 for usefulness, 0 for broken-ness.
Mythdracon
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 am
Furthermore, the concept itself sucks: how can a small statue stop rampaging Orcs from raiding Rohan’s camp? It’s not like it’s a magic statue. What will the statues do--scare them away by being faithful to...the mountain (or whatever)? By being ugly? Razz

And yeah, most Shadow sides should pack condition removal of a sort, but it’s never been THIS essential til now.

EDIT: And you guys have groups of people to play with???? LUCKY.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:43 am
Theyre supposed to be the pukel men. They were guardians of the road to dunharrow or something like that.

Here are the facts about them:

The Druedain were known for carving stone images of themselves. They called these statues "watch-stones" and they placed them at turning points of paths. Orcs feared the watch-stones and were reluctant to pass them. It was believed that the Druedain transferred some of their own power into the watch-stones. In one story called "The Faithful Stone," a Druadan left a watch-stone to guard his neighbor. When Orcs attacked the neighbor’s house with fire, the stone image came to life and killed one of the Orcs. The legs of the watch-stone were burned, and the Druadan who made the stone also received burns on his legs though he was far away at the time of the attack.

So it explains it quite fittingly. The ONLY thing good about this card is its relationship between gametext/name and its ability.

Shame the depth of thought D put into it didnt extend to the gameplay.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit