LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Sting of Shelob?

5 (Best)  
52%
  [ 9 ]  52%

41%
  [ 7 ]  41%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 17
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Nice!!! Very expensive, but has an amazing ability. Now you just need to find a way to add twilight in regroup... hmm... maybe Grima, Witless Worm?

My only question is about what happens if the Free Peoples player chooses the RB as one of the companions as well as say Aragorn, and then chooses to put Aragorn in the dead pile. What happens next? The RB can’t be returned to hand, but I’m pretty sure that you’re just supposed to carry out as much of the effect as possible and so you would just skip it. That kinda would make it worse, unless Decipher clarified it.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:26 pm
Well worth the twilight, and I’m lovin’ it! Very Happy

A 5 from me! Cool
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 pm
Well, if Frodo hadn’t stopped in the middle of the tunnel to brush his teeth like that, he wouldn’t have been caught off-guard by Shelob in the first place...

Silly Frodo.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
anonymous22
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:34 pm
A bunch of ambush guys would get this effect off easily. It kills the 8 man starting fellowship...
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:51 pm
WHOA!

I’m lovin this card! Expensive, but well worth it. A dead one, and one returned to hand.

A great card to discard, and pull with Incited when you can use it. I’ll definately want a copy or two for my NG deck.

And the picture is cool.

Frothing Frodos and Rythmic Ringwraiths. What will come next?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:14 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
My only question is about what happens if the Free Peoples player chooses the RB as one of the companions as well as say Aragorn, and then chooses to put Aragorn in the dead pile. What happens next? The RB can’t be returned to hand, but I’m pretty sure that you’re just supposed to carry out as much of the ffect as possible and so you would just skip it. That kinda would make it worse, unless Decipher clarified it.

On the other side, if you can pull it off with just the Ring-bearer...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:55 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Whoa, amazing. Love the possiblities, especially against twilight-flooding Ents. Great Beasts was the only card that really took on twilight left in regroup. Well, that one didn’t really pack much of an oomph. But how about this one?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:03 am
For 6+ companion fellowships, Sting of Shelob is nice but not significantly better than some of the other options available, IMO. (Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin.)

But for other sorts of twilight floods, including floods you might be able to create as the Shadow player... there’s lots of potential here. Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:32 am
Cant seem to rate this higher than a 3. Any non minion costing 10 isnt good in my opinion let alone the rules minefield pointed out already about discarding the ringbearer. Nice idea but 10??? Gees.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:57 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Nice idea but 10??? Gees.

If such a nice idea was for 5 only then we would have a new blow in the forums for broken cards and such. A 5 from me!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit