LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Sting of Shelob?

5 (Best)  
52%
  [ 9 ]  52%

41%
  [ 7 ]  41%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 17
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:50 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
Well, if Frodo hadn’t stopped in the middle of the tunnel to brush his teeth like that, he wouldn’t have been caught off-guard by Shelob in the first place...

Silly Frodo.

It’s a good think I ain’t drinking any milk, or I’d look like the picture after reading that. Laughing GP for the laugh.

Neat card. Find some way to make it cheaper or get lots of twilight, and it becomes a potential gamebreaker...especially against small (or solo Twisted Evil) fellowships. Awesome. Thumbs Up

But I can’t quite bring myself to give it a 5, simply because it is SO expensive. I’ll settle for a 4.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
that pic is scary... and i think it is SLIGHTLY overcosted. maybe 8 would have worked.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheJord
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:41 pm
AARGH! It should say "returns" not "return"!! Do they have proofreaders at Decipher!!??
Dravius
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:08 pm
10 is not so hard to get if you play gollum, dark as darkness. just remove a few burdens in the regroup phase, the same you added with not yet vanquished Wink
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 pm
SWEET!!!!!!!

As SoP would say, I wuv it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Rewording suggestion: "...to make the Free Peoples player place a companion in the dead pile and return a companion to hand." Why wouldn’t that work?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 pm
Possibly with corsairs? Add tokens to the boat that adds twilight in the regroup phase for as many tokens as you can spot. 4 copies of shelob and this card. Rest Corsairs?
AdultLink
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:48 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

My only question is about what happens if the Free Peoples player chooses the RB as one of the companions as well as say Aragorn, and then chooses to put Aragorn in the dead pile. What happens next? The RB can’t be returned to hand, but I’m pretty sure that you’re just supposed to carry out as much of the effect as possible and so you would just skip it. That kinda would make it worse, unless Decipher clarified it.

Ummm... I am wondering about this too, AC. I am thinking more along the lines that if you choose Frodo to be one of the two you have to choose him to be the dead one since you aren’t allowed to return your ring-bearer to your hand. Oh dear!
Haves/Wants
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:11 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
To quote a very illustrious poster... Wink
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Rewording suggestion: "...to make the Free Peoples player place a companion in the dead pile and return a companion to hand." Why wouldn’t that work?

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with this suggested wording?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:19 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Nothing. Near as I can tell.

Other than the fact that it would be gramatically correct, and even has the right spellings; D seems to be becoming rather opposed to that type of stuff. Rolling Eyes
(I know, I’m a cynic...)
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit