LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Shelob, Menace?

5 (Best)  
26%
  [ 6 ]  26%

39%
  [ 9 ]  39%

21%
  [ 5 ]  21%

8%
  [ 2 ]  8%

1 (Worst)  
4%
  [ 1 ]  4%

Total Votes : 23
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 pm

Can’t we get a new picture for once? Rolling Eyes <cough> Shelob, Last Child of Ungoliant <cough>

But that threat adding ability is NASTY with all the burden adding that Shelob has. You just need to find a way to use up all the threats, which can be done either by killing a companion or perhaps by using something like Gollum, Vile Creature.

The part that plays Gollum is okay, but it might not be used too much. Gollum doesn’t have any cards that discard him past the Shadow phase (Horribly Strong being the only card I know of that comes anywhere close), so it won’t do much unless Gollum dies before the skirmish phase or you just can’t draw a Captured by the Ring in time.

A low 4 from me.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:28 pm
Awesome abilities, and I know m64 loves the subtitle. Laughing Hooray for Gollum stuff!

A 5 from me! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:28 pm
Me likey subtitle! Me likey subtitle!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 pm
No Enduring? Yuck. 3.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:00 pm
Would be better with enduring.

I’d still rather use Her Ladyship.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:38 am
Shelob, Her Ladyship still owns, but Menace could be worth a try in maybe one of the four Shelob slots. Wink 4.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:38 am
Was about to give a 5 then saw no enduring. Still wicked card but only 4 without the loaded keyword.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:55 am
With 8 strength only is a bit weak, but I suppose we’ll see new ways to buff her a bit. Until then a 4 from me for her pretty game text!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:53 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
It’s about TIME we got a new Shelob!

The lack of enduring conerns me...not so much because I think this version is terrible without it, but because it reinforces my fear that Decipher has completely abandoned the keyword, and thus we will never again see Gondor Wraiths...at least, not as we know and love them now.

But as for this card, I give it a 4. Kind of a 3.5, since I’m really not a fan of an enduring-less Shelob without a built-in method of pumping up some other way (like Shelob, Eater of Light), but it’s still a good card in its own right.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:58 pm
menace64 wrote:
Me likey subtitle! Me likey subtitle!

Ha, I had that thought the INSTANT I saw it.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
The lack of enduring conerns me...not so much because I think this version is terrible without it, but because it reinforces my fear that Decipher has completely abandoned the keyword, and thus we will never again see [gondor Wraiths...at least, not as we know and love them now.

We just had the Wraith Wraiths. Anyway, from what Brad said in the Q&A, they only use certain mechanics for each block. Hence, no toil, muster or lurker in this set. IF there is another block after this, I’m sure we’ll probably see Enduring return.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit