LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Deceit?

5 (Best)  
57%
  [ 8 ]  57%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Interesting. What happens if Sleep, Caradhras is played? Which conditions get discarded first?

Normally, I’d say that this card isn’t so good, since the Free Peoples player can just discard Deceit before discarding any other conditions. But since it is non-unique, you can have multiple copies in play and thus protect all your Gollum conditions. For that, I give it a 4.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:39 pm
I echo AC’s comments.

A 4. Smile
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:46 pm
This card is exactly what I was hoping for with NG. Most of the time, Gollum is very hard to beat with Fowi, Pk, and Ntt!, but condition removal always screwed me. This card is like a dream card come true! 5.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:59 pm
I need two copies, and I’ll always play them at the same time. cool stuff.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeehaa! Take that, Clever Hobbits! 5.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 am
Fantastic defense against Sleep, Caradhras, Grown Suddenly Tall, Deep in Thought, Clever Hobbits and any other mass condition removal I’m forgetting.

Otherwise, not so great, but still usable if you’re willing to hold the first copy until you draw a second one.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
yerkamig
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 am
Cobra wrote:
and any other mass condition removal I’m forgetting.

Pallando!!! Bib picked apart my NG deck this weekend him- twice Sick. So this makes me feel a lot better.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:08 am
This is a good card, stops gondors and rohans only condition removal, i.e. discard a shadow card a charcater is bearing like treacherous little toad etc.. And against everyone else its still good as its not unique and you are forced to target that first and you keep your other condition for another turn. 4 at least.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:20 am
Great! Simply great! It can stop even namarie. A Big Fat 5 from me!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:36 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Um. Not what I was hoping for in a card titled Deceit, but it does effectively protect against Namarie. Makes Seclusion better, too, since that has toil.
A good way to protect your Gollum conditions. Maybe a little undercosted, but with the amount of condition removal floating around, that might not be a bad thing.

I give it a 4.

Merged to the existing topic for Deceit.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit