LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Glorfindel, Eldarin Lord?

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 7 ]  46%

46%
  [ 7 ]  46%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Sick I think I’m gonna throw up at that picture. Isn’t Glorfindel a male? I mean, that’s just weird looking.

Glorfindel joins Arwen as the only non-Gondor companions to ever have the ranger keyword. This means that he can use card like Swordsman of the North, and other cool cards.

His ability that negates strength bonuses from possessions can be very handy, especially against possessions such as the new Corsair Scimitar.

And lastly, his threat removal makes him fit perfectly into the Elven Hunter decks, since the abilities of the RoS versions of Rumil and Orophin both add threats.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:40 pm
His text is nice, but his picture isn’t. Razz

A 4.
I had to put something here.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:53 pm
For a guy who rides around in the sun all day, Glorfindel sure is pasty-looking...

Unlike Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath, Eldarin Lord is appropriate costed and culturally-enforced (no cramming this guy into your starting Fellowship). He will therefore probably be less played. Laughing

All joking aside though, the minor skirmishing bonus, random ranger keyword, and especially the easy threat removal make the new Glorfindel a very interesting and playable card. He could fit nicely into an Elven archery deck with Orophin, Silvan Elf and Rumil, Silvan Elf. I’ll give him a 4.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:56 am
Urgh nasty pic but the poll is about playability so have to ignore the fact he looks anaemic. Im only giving him a 3 as he costs lots and dont see the point in his ranger gametext. Cool weapon nullify but i wouldnt use him over some of the other 4 costing elves.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 am
Shocked
Durin is far more beautiful than this... thing! But this is a ranger too so you could play him from your deck too. A 4 from me!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 am
Ahhhh i hadnt thought about the prancing pony pulling this guy. Bit better now i think about it....
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:44 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yes! The return of Elven rangers! Very Happy

The pic is from the movies, actually. The actor WETA ended up picking for Glorfindel was an extra in the coronation scene, and that’s where they got this. I know because I was going to do the same thing for a DC. Razz

He’s a very neat card...quite flexible, which is always a big plus with me. He fits nicely with the new, developing Elven strategies, too. An easy 5.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Lots of useful text and works with The Prancing Pony, so 5 from me.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
excuse me I am wretching...that pic is HORRIBBLE otherwise nice card, not as playable but still kewl
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:32 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
that pic is HORRIBBLE

Heh, the only case where I’d prefer the old image to be used again!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit