LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor?

5 (Best)  
96%
  [ 26 ]  96%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 27
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:41 pm

This Gil-galad works awesomely with the new Ewer of Galadriel, since you can add threats to take events into hand, play the events to reinforce tokens, and then remove the tokens to play Elven conditions from your discard pile. That means that if you stockpile tokens on a card like Agility, you can repeatedly reconcile your hand with Secluded Homestead, and use something like Ranger of Osgiliath to filter through and keep the good cards.

For example:

Agility has 8 tokens on it
Secluded Homestead is in your discard pile

Remove a token from agility to play Secluded Homestead. You can then discard Secluded Homestead and remove the tokens that are on it to reconcile your hand at least once. Once discarded, you can remove another token from Agility to play Secluded Homestead.

So basically, if you have just 4 forest and/or river sites on the adventure path, then you can remove X tokens from your Elven conditions to reconcile your hand 3X times. That’s just sick especially with Ranger of Osgiliath (say you have 8 cards in hand, 3 of which you want to keep... just discard 4 with Ranger of Osgiliath and then when you reconcile with Secluded Homestead you get to discard the 5th card!).

A 5 from me. Hopefully this gets X-ed or errata-ed though, because it’s very much overpowered IMHO.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:44 pm
Sweet text, and an awesome pic!

A 5.
I had to put something here.
TheJord
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:46 pm
I think this Elven event recursion seems to be rotating Cirdan out slowly...
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:56 pm
Dear God.

I need four copies. Now. I already ran Gilly in my elf event deck. I need this one.

Pack Still Needed and Into the West to handle threats, and I can’t lose. Ever. I love Gil-galad.

I’m so amazed.

I... I’ll shut up now.

Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Cool stuff, people! Cool stuff.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:11 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
This Gil-galad works awesomely with the new Ewer of Galadriel, since you can add threats to take events into hand, play the events to reinforce tokens, and then remove the tokens to play Elven conditions from your discard pile.

Well spotted. Very Happy

I think I might like Gil-galad, High King of the Nolder a little better even than Gil-galad, Elven High King. Definitely a 5 from me!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:29 am
WOW what can you say to that. Something useful on every line. Got to be 5 for being so damn hard!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:43 am
TheJord wrote:
I think this Elven event recursion seems to be rotating Cirdan out slowly...

I wish... 5 from me!
Piecesofeight
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:17 am
Wow this guy is almost as bad as Galadriel LR, he has the ability to get a condition removal card back every time needed.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:00 am
Elves are definately getting a huge boost in this set. This version of Gil-Galad is plain sweetness. I see a new strat evolving with elves here. 5.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit