LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Celebring, Elven-smith?

5 (Best)  
39%
  [ 9 ]  39%

52%
  [ 12 ]  52%

4%
  [ 1 ]  4%

4%
  [ 1 ]  4%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 23
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:00 pm
Quote:
Anyway, who *was* Celebring in Middle Earth???? Anyone know? Sweet card this is though. =)

I’d never heard of him either, and I’ve scoured Unfinished Tales, the Silmarillion and the appendices of the Lord of the Rings quite thoroughly recently. I checked the encycolpoedia of arda, and there’s no reference that I could find. I think they thought about Celebrimbor (who forged the elven rings) and decided to make a smith based on his name. The elvish (in case you’re interested), according to the Silmarillion, would be broken into ’Celeb’-’ring’ with ’Celeb’ being ’silver’, and ’ring’ being ’cold’ or ’chill’, so it seems to be ’Chill-Silver’, or something similar, which isn’t a bad name for a smith.
Now I’ve had my rant about elvish and the dusty recesses of tolkien’s more obscure works, we can carry on looking at cards! Cool

Thranduil
Apopatos
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:03 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, who *was* Celebring in Middle Earth???? Anyone know? Sweet card this is though. =)

I’d never heard of him either, and I’ve scoured Unfinished Tales, the Silmarillion and the appendices of the Lord of the Rings quite thoroughly recently. I checked the encycolpoedia of arda, and there’s no reference that I could find. I think they thought about Celebrimbor (who forged the elven rings) and decided to make a smith based on his name. The elvish (in case you’re interested), according to the Silmarillion, would be broken into ’Celeb’-’ring’ with ’Celeb’ being ’silver’, and ’ring’ being ’cold’ or ’chill’, so it seems to be ’Chill-Silver’, or something similar, which isn’t a bad name for a smith.
Now I’ve had my rant about elvish and the dusty recesses of tolkien’s more obscure works, we can carry on looking at cards! Cool

Thranduil

Haha good catch! Any chance to translate it to dwarven too? Cool
1 gp!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:03 pm
Yeah, there doesn’t appear to be anyone named Celebring in any of Tolkien’s works. I even checked the Encyclopedia of Arda, but he wasn’t listed there.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:10 pm
Quote:

Sorry but my Dwarven isn’t quite up to scratch - the only phrases I know are ’Baruk Khazad’ and ’Khazad-Ai Menu’, though useful if you happen to be in a battle with loads of dwarves.

Thranduil
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:27 am
Celebring deserves a 5. He can fetch Aiglos, Nenya, Ring of Adamant, Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light, and the list goes on. He’s culturally enforced, costs 3, and makes any companion he transfers to strength +2. Great RB protection! Though not as splashable as Hobbiton Brewer, Maker of Fine Ales, it’s perfect in any elf deck.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:18 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Very nice card.
The great ability and stats is well balanced with the initial twilight cost and aid.

Very useful too with the new Ewer.
5 from me on this one, good card.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Thranduil wrote:
Quote:

Sorry but my Dwarven isn’t quite up to scratch - the only phrases I know are ’Baruk Khazad’ and ’Khazad-Ai Menu’, though useful if you happen to be in a battle with loads of dwarves.

Thranduil

Tolkien really didn’t create much of Khuzdul, so good luck translating anything beyond those phrases.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Lost Heir
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:39 pm
A very nice card. Can easily set up your fellowship with it.

A 4.
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
alehaak
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:40 pm
Can setup Gil-Galad easily! Razz The elven Monster!!

My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:55 pm
TheJord wrote:
Should say draw deck.

Another lazy mistake, nice eye TJ. But other than that I actually like it, but for three twilight it could be a bit expensive.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit