LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is White Hand Marchers?

5 (Best)  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:57 pm

At first glance, I am drawn to the similarities between White Hand Marchers and Ancient Chieftain. White Hand Marchers has a higher site number, but he also has damage +1 which sorta evens it out in that area. But Ancient Chieftain benefits from the fact that Moria loves to play lots of Goblins, while Uruks are generally more expensive. The main advantage that White Hand Marchers has is that the Uruk-hai culture has lurkers, which means that those minions can stay alive while White Hand Marchers fights his skirmish.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 pm
Cool swarm minion!

A 4 from me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:25 am
To run the numbers real quick -- for 4 twilight you can get a non-unique 11/2 or 11/3 minion with a minor ability. White Hand Marchers is unique, with only 2 vitality and no other game text, so you should be shooting for at least 12 strength to make this card worthwhile. And to get up to 12, you’ll need 3 other Uruk-hai minions on the table.

That can happen often in an Uruk-hai hunter deck, but the Marchers don’t really fit there. It can easily happen in an Uruk-hai Swarm deck, but in that case it’s probably better not to run 4-cost, unique minions. Most other Uruk decks won’t be playing four minions at once with any regularity.

So, I don’t really see this card being played too much outside of block format. It’s certainly not a bad card, but show me a decklist with White Hand Marchers in it and I can probably suggest two or three better choices. Smile
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:45 am
Hes just an uruk morgul warden and ancient chieftain. There are better cards than him to make stronger uruks. 2.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 am
The Uruk-Hai culture is the most expensive imo. For that this minion isn’t very playable. Only 2!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:51 pm
What about that 0 cost minion?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Ah, White Hand Sieger. Good catch, NB. GP
I had to put something here.
Apopatos
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:41 am
Yeah, maybe that could work but still such kind of minions are useful if you can play cheap minions from the discard pile, thing where Uruk-Hai aren’t that good!
anonymous22
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:47 pm
The old isengard Uruks had a card with the same exact effect, but he only costed 3 and can spot ANY Uruk.

So, I find this one useless, considering you would most likely stick him in an uruk bomb.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
anonymous22 wrote:
The old isengard Uruks had a card with the same exact effect, but he only costed 3 and can spot ANY Uruk.

So, I find this one useless, considering you would most likely stick him in an uruk bomb.

Unless playing in standard, when you can’t use the old uruks.
Although I agree that in expanded he’s not nearly as good. Still: we have a decent card (or, at least, decent in the absence of the other,) which is NOT escalation.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit