LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is White Hand Attacker?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

33%
  [ 5 ]  33%

20%
  [ 3 ]  20%

1 (Worst)  
20%
  [ 3 ]  20%

Total Votes : 15
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:01 am
Hear hear! Applause
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:11 am
Yeah i agree with you DI 100% just think this isnt the best card to use as your example. Im thinking the white hand marshal or more importantly Gothmog are prime examples.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:14 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Yeah i agree with you DI 100% just think this isnt the best card to use as your example. Im thinking the white hand marshal or more importantly Gothmog are prime examples.

Agreed. But enough is enough. The line must be drawn HERE! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:27 am
LOL, nice. You a Trekkie?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:05 am
Next Generation, definately. It was, after all, Star Trek CCG that got me into card games and Decipher. But other Treks...not so much. They all have their moments, and I love several of the original series films (especially The Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! Razz), but I’m a TNG guy.

But let’s not stray too far off-topic, lest M_H or someone yell at us. Rolling Eyes

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:03 am
Lol, okay, back on topic. Yeah, it is kinda lame that D couldn’t think up another name for this guy.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:16 am
Indeed. I mean, all they have to do is what we DCers do: use Cobra’s nifty card searcher to make sure the title doesn’t already exist! Razz

Seriously, though. They REALLY should know better than that. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that this is supposed to be the same non-unique minion (meaning you could only play a total of four combined between the two), but that’s probably giving too much credit. Rolling Eyes

raptor22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:26 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I am writing to ask if you have heard of the once-important concept your predecessors (who seemed to have much better play-testers and grammar skills--see my previous letter for more details on that) called "cultural enforcement". It is where you build into a card some manner of keeping that card from being "splashed" in with any culture, and instead forcing it to be played with other cards of that card’s culture. (Ref. cards like Determined Uruk and Uruk Zealot.) This prevents such cards from being overpowered, and having, say, a White Hand Attacker thrown in with ANY Shadow deck where battlegrounds are a possibility on the sitepath.

Sorry, but I’m going to have to defend Decipher here. This card is no worse than Feral Uruk or Bloodthirsty Uruk, both of which came from Shadows -- which WAS playtested and used proper grammer -- and I’ve never heard anyone say they’re broken. In fact, at a battleground, Ferel Uruk and this new guy have the SAME stats.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
who cares worth crud whether someone splashes a 3 cost 10 strength damage +1 one minion. If a few of these will crash your deck...most any deck could crash it just as well without them. in other words I disagree with you on the cultural enforcement, but on the image and title Sick
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anvar
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:36 pm
I’m afraid I disagree. This card is not a particularly bad example of lack of cultural enforcement, simply because it just doesn’t matter.

Splash this into an Orc deck, no one will care - because you can do better. It won’t work with the themes of the deck.

Also, not all cards need to be culturally enforced. Some splash cards add a lot of fun to the game. Radagast is great because he is a companion that can go into any deck. He is balanced, better in Gandalf Wizard decks but not culturally enforced and is a great card.

If you want to pick on cards without enough cultural enforcement, this is a silly card to pick on. No one will play this card. It simply isn’t good/exciting enough.

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit