LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Ranger of the South?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

21%
  [ 3 ]  21%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

1 (Worst)  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:45 pm

I don’t like this. At best, he’s a 7 strength 3 vitality 6 resistance ranger, and that’s only if you can spot a Gondor token. I would rather use the Gondor hunters, since they’ll generally be just as strong but they also have useful game text.

And I mean honestly, why not use a unique companion in your deck instead? They’ll be just as strong generally, and have a sweet ability to boot.

Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm
i don’t see that card being used very much.. awful sa
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Dravius
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 pm
All those "if you can spot a token this companions is strenght +2" cards are IMHO lack of creativity. No one is going to play them and they just fill in some place in order to have a set not only composed of Rare cards. I can’t give it more than 1.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I lways hate the 5 strength guys who can be 7...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:43 am
Urgh just like the elven guy, this sucks big time. 1. No reason to use him.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:07 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ll give it a 2, but unless they have some masterful strategy to expand with this, anything higher than a 1 is probably just being overly generous.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:50 am
At best, he is an archery pincushion. Rolling Eyes

A 2. Thumbs Down
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit