LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Librarian, Keeper of Ancient Texts?

5 (Best)  
65%
  [ 13 ]  65%

20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 20
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:50 pm

Okay, now this is a good balanced card from T&D (seems like there aren’t too many!). He has extremely weak stats, but his abilities are all very powerful and make him worth using. The first one adds strength to all your Gandalf Men, which REALLY pulls the whole Gandalf Men strategy together. Combine him with Brand and you’ve got a +3 boost.

The regroup ability is very versatile, allowing you to draw cards for a crucial double-move or even take events for a double-move. Better yet, grab a regroup event like Traveled Leader and you won’t even have to double-move to get a nice benefit. And he can also discard the Saruman follower, like the new Horns.

MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm
Drat you AC! YOU SPOILER HOG!

I want some of your store credit.

3 strength is wimpy, but Brand and Guidance of the Istari fixes that. And with tons of tokens, he gets up to base 5, along with all your other men!

Get rid of the followers in case of Frenzy of Arrows threat as well. Skrimish event recursion is nice, he will take a Guidance of the Istari thank you.

All around, a 5. This card is overpowered, and a common!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Gahh...
Must have! This goes perfectly in my *other* Gandy men deck which I have not yet tried, since I don’t have Gandalf, Returned.

...But why isn’t he Gondor?

Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:04 pm
Not overpowered. Just something to take Gandy men to tournament play. And it’s not like Gandalf has any super-good token theme yet.

The new T&D token card and Traveller’s Homestead are the only things that gandalf really gets tokens for, so far.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:06 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Fear and Great Wonder gets them, too.

Or, if you’re playing Expanded, Behold the White Rider masses them with Gandalf, Returned and Alatar.

And Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion can eat up all the extras to get events.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 pm
NBarden wrote:

First come, first served. Wink

---

But yeah, another Gandalf condition with tokens is Not the First Halfling. It’s a great card with Alatar, since once you exert to add one token you can just reinforce more without exertions using Alatar’s text.

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
NBarden wrote:

First come, first served. Wink

- AC

Its not my fault I didn’t make an auto-spoiler Wink that first ability rocks...but aside from ditching shadow followers, the second one seems relatively low inutility.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:26 pm
Awesome card! Period.

An easy 5. Applause
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice card, and I looove the picture!!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:45 am
Holy krud this guy is useful. A must for gandy men/follower decks. Gotta be a 5 for versatility.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit