LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Destroyers And Usurpers?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Total Votes : 14
AragornDoFP
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:32 pm
They should have made this a condition that plays on a companion. That companion loses defender bonuses. At least then Gondor has Anduril to give it a fighting chance.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:38 pm
Decipher, this is bad. Real bad. Sad

The playability gets it a 5. The balanced-ness gets it a -34.
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:39 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Decipher, this is bad. Real bad. Shame on you

I think we need to start including an Absolute Zero option for voting on cards that are "very good but very broken".
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
raptor22 wrote:
Yeah, even Frenzy of Arrows cost 2 needs to spot an Orc minion.

Okay, Raptor. NOW I think it’s appropriate to try this again. Ahem!

Dear Decipher,

I am writing to ask if you have heard of the once-important concept your predecessors (who seemed to have much better play-testers and grammar skills) called "cultural enforcement". It is where you build into a card some manner of keeping that card from being "splashed" in with any culture, and instead forcing it to be played with other cards of that card’s culture. (Ref. cards like Goblin Domain, Goaded to War, Coordinated Effort, and more appropriately, Trapped and Alone, A Blended Race, Take Up the Bow, and Hemmed In.) This prevents such cards from being overpowered, and having, say, Destroyers And Usurpers thrown in with ANY Shadow deck and completely negating defender bonuses from EVER being used by ANY companion against ANY Shadow culture.

I would kindly request that you fire all of your play-testers, hire some people who actually care about the game, and then remove yourselves from office before you run this game into the ground.

Oh, and fire whoever designed cards like Destroyers And Usurpers twice, just for good measure. A good noogie may be in order as well.

Thank you.

menace64 wrote:
I think we need to start including an Absolute Zero option for voting on cards that are "very good but very broken".

Brilliant!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Dravius
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:50 pm
I voted 1 because any swarm deck from any culture can run 2-3 of those for just 1 twilight...

Cultural enforcement anyone??
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:20 pm
Gosh, even I could design better cards than this. I actually hope that this is the last LOTR set if the future sets would look like T&D.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
raptor22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:38 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, Raptor. NOW I think it’s appropriate to try this again. Ahem!

Dear Decipher,

I am writing to ask if you have heard of the once-important concept your predecessors (who seemed to have much better play-testers and grammar skills) called "cultural enforcement". It is where you build into a card some manner of keeping that card from being "splashed" in with any culture, and instead forcing it to be played with other cards of that card’s culture. (Ref. cards like Goblin Domain, Goaded to War, Coordinated Effort, and more appropriately, Trapped and Alone, A Blended Race, Take Up the Bow, and Hemmed In.) This prevents such cards from being overpowered, and having, say, Destroyers And Usurpers thrown in with ANY Shadow deck and completely negating defender bonuses from EVER being used by ANY companion against ANY Shadow culture.

I would kindly request that you fire all of your play-testers, hire some people who actually care about the game, and then remove yourselves from office before you run this game into the ground.

Oh, and fire whoever designed cards like Destroyers And Usurpers twice, just for good measure. A good noogie may be in order as well.

Thank you.

Agreed Applause
Anvar
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:46 pm
And this card explains why I will not be buying of Treachery and Deceit. Sure, I’ll pick up some of the funkier singles but as a whole this set is awful. Really awful.

I just hope that some new designers are brought on for the next set, and that the designers LISTEN to playtesters.

I will not be buying any boxes of T&D and I have bought at least a box of every set since Siege of Gondor. I’ll pick up the odd single at Cobracards, but this set has made me want to quit LotR.

Anvar
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:59 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

I’ll disagree.

Playability gets it a 6 at least.

And I (like at least one other) am calling this the first single card that I can truly call broken. Combos, yes, but not a single card.

With the Orc culture, it gets better. At least Deceit is culturally enforced... Otherwise this would get at least an 8 for playability.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Piecesofeight
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:08 pm
Note: Even though this has no cultural enforcement I would not say it is broken and I will not use it in any of my decks, including swarm decks.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit