LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Destroyers And Usurpers?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Total Votes : 14
TheJord
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:26 pm
BAN THE Orc CULTURE!
AdultLink
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 pm
this card will not get x-ed because besides Gondor it doesn’t hurt too heavily on other races (who have condition removal to help them). It will hurt Rohan too. The thing they need for Gondor is another card like Catapult. Not outright condition removal, but something with a decent cost that can remove support area stuff.
Haves/Wants
TheJord
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:33 pm
Ah the good old Catapult, I once killed an exhausted Nazgul by Catapult-ing his Ring of Rancor off. Funny image.
anonymous22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:57 pm
broken...
it shall go in my moria swarm deck.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:35 pm
its rellay isn’ that useful... who play defender plus 1 decks anyway
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Anyone who has swarm in their meta, or uses Anarion.
The point is that it entirely eliminates the most viable option against swarm for absolutely no cost whatsoever. No spotting requirements, nothing.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:07 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Dear Decipher,

I am writing to ask if you have heard of the once-important concept your predecessors (who seemed to have much better play-testers and grammar skills) called "cultural enforcement". It is where you build into a card some manner of keeping that card from being "splashed" in with any culture, and instead forcing it to be played with other cards of that card’s culture. (Ref. cards like Goblin Domain, Goaded to War, Coordinated Effort, and more appropriately, Trapped and Alone, A Blended Race, Take Up the Bow, and Hemmed In.) This prevents such cards from being overpowered, and having, say, Destroyers And Usurpers thrown in with ANY Shadow deck and completely negating defender bonuses from EVER being used by ANY companion against ANY Shadow culture.

I would kindly request that you fire all of your play-testers, hire some people who actually care about the game, and then remove yourselves from office before you run this game into the ground.

Oh, and fire whoever designed cards like Destroyers And Usurpers twice, just for good measure. A good noogie may be in order as well.

Thank you.

I hear you Dain, im with you all the way!!!

This is by far and away the worst card i have ever seen for lack of playtesting. It didnt need much either as its not like it creates a broken loop that you might miss, its just BLINDINGLY obviously broken. For CRYING OUT LOUD D!!!!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Ransom
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 am
BAN THE Orc CULTURE!
Seriously, do they even play test these cards anymore? Evil or Very Mad
Dain, I suggest that you actually send a (slightly) nicer version of that letter to D. This is getting way out of hand.
Anvar
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:15 am
Having spoken with some of the Star Trek playtesters, it sounds like Decipher simply doesn’t listen to them. I wouldn’t be surprised if these cards were tested but that the reccommended changes were not made. Of course, I could be wrong.

Anvar
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I would kindly request that you fire all of your play-testers, hire some people who actually care about the game, and then remove yourselves from office before you run this game into the ground.

They already fired all the playtesters, didn’t they? Isn’t this why D is making such bad cards?

I think they just need to release all the cards to the general public before printing, let us catch all the mistakes, and then fix them accordingly.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit