LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Destroyers And Usurpers?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Total Votes : 14
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:44 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anvar wrote:
Having spoken with some of the Star Trek playtesters, it sounds like Decipher simply doesn’t listen to them. I wouldn’t be surprised if these cards were tested but that the reccommended changes were not made. Of course, I could be wrong.

That’s seriously messed up.

I agree with NB’s suggestion...not that that would ever happen.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Apopatos
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:53 pm
Well I can hardly say broken a card that affects only one or two cultures, since defender bonuses are used by Gondor and Rohan only. After all Rohan has now Fall back to helm’s deep and also gain bonuses if the ringbearer is assigned to a skirmish. Now about Gondor, they can destroy every special ability and discard minion before the skirmish phase. Also, I find this card a serious counter against The faithful stone . With one per three minions useless (and maybe more if you reinforce tokens) I doubt the freeps players will need defender bonuses anymore!
Now, for about not being culturally enforced isn’t a a big deal since The Faithful Stone isn’t too and also when you pack one or even four copies of Destroyers And Usurpers in your Uruk-Hai deck for example and you play against an elven or dwarven deck which doesn’t use defender at all then your only success is to gain some useless cards in your deck, cards that could be minions in other cases. Not a big deal finally.

The second part of the card isn’t as great as Suffered much loss anyway!
Last edited by Apopatos on Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I refuse to vote on cards like this anymore, so I’ll just give it a...uh...-2. Razz
\
I don’t even vote anyway Wink but yeah this is disgusting.

but you have some points apopatos. but I don’t like this making broken cards and then making other broken cards to counter them.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:15 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok ill stick my neck out first and say Broken. For gods sake Decipher. Who plays defender plus 1.... Gondor.... Who has no condition removal.... Gondor. Not talking

Hey, you could always take your chances with Catapult. Wink
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:56 am
PorterTroll wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok ill stick my neck out first and say Broken. For gods sake Decipher. Who plays defender plus 1.... Gondor.... Who has no condition removal.... Gondor. Not talking

Hey, you could always take your chances with Catapult. Wink

Naah, with the faithful stone you don’t need defender bonuses anymore...
TheShyzle
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 pm
I don’t see the big problem with this card. If you are not playing against someone who has def +1 companions then it is basically worthless.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
raptor22
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:45 pm
TheShyzle wrote:
I don’t see the big problem with this card. If you are not playing against someone who has def +1 companions then it is basically worthless.

The problem is ABSOULUTLY NO cultural enforcement, so it can go into EVERY deck and no one can ever play defender +1 again.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:06 pm
raptor22 wrote:
TheShyzle wrote:

The problem is ABSOULUTLY NO cultural enforcement, so it can go into EVERY deck and no one can ever play defender +1 again.

Yes, but if happens to play against a dwarven or elven or hobbit deck that does not use defender bonuses at all then your only success is some useless cards in your deck which in other case could be minions. Absolutely a disadvantage.
That card has a cultural enforcement at its second part and only there is needed badly!
After all lets say that the defender bonus thing worked only for [orc]. What if we had a different similar card for the other races as well? Would it be a problem then?
raptor22
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:33 pm
Apopatos wrote:
That card has a cultural enforcement at its second part and only there is needed badly!

Actually, the second part is highly inferior to suffered much loss.

Apopatos wrote:
After all lets say that the defender bonus thing worked only for [orc]. What if we had a different similar card for the other races as well? Would it be a problem then?

The biggest problem I have with this is that it removes the defender bonuses without any cost, and it’s not unique, so you can 4 in play if you want.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:29 pm
raptor22 wrote:

raptor22 wrote:
The biggest problem I have with this is that it removes the defender bonuses without any cost, and it’s not unique

Can’t you be a bit more clear man?
What is the real problem finally? Confused

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit