LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Destroyers And Usurpers?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Total Votes : 14
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:13 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Good point, and damage bonuses are even more powerful than d+1. The only counter I could see being argued against that is that D&U is non-enforced for the defender bonus part.

However, I rarely see defender + in decks nowadays. Seriously, does even Gondor use them that much?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:54 pm
Apopatos wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:
TheShyzle wrote:
I don’t see the big problem with this card. If you are not playing against someone who has def +1 companions then it is basically worthless.

But if you are, it completely shuts them down.

So? Belt of erebor shuts down damage bonuses as well, is it broken?

Belt of erebor is culturally reinforced for dwarves and it doesn’t prevent all minions from having damage bonuses just ones skirmishing the bearer.

A comparable version would be belt of erebor. plays to your support area.
Minions do not have damage bonuses and are unable to gain them.
Last edited by FortunesRazor on Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:06 am
FortunesRazor wrote:
Apopatos wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:
TheShyzle wrote:
I don’t see the big problem with this card. If you are not playing against someone who has def +1 companions then it is basically worthless.

But if you are, it completely shuts them down.

So? Belt of erebor shuts down damage bonuses as well, is it broken?

Belt of erebor is culturally reinforced for dwarves and it doesn’t prevent all minions from having damage bonuses just ones skirmishing the bearer.

A comparable version would be belt of erebor. plays to your support area.
Minions do have damage bonuses and are unable to gain them.

That was perfectly stated and completely factual, I couldn’t have done any better myself. Applause
Dravius
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:13 pm
Trapped and alone would be a better comparison, but again, it only works with Isengard Orcs.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:58 pm
FortunesRazor wrote:

So, if destroyers and usurpers was for Orc only, it would be fine?
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:02 pm
If it had a spotting cost and maybe an option like Regroup If you cannot spot an Orc minion, discard this condition, then yes, it would be fair.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:10 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
If it had a spotting cost and maybe an option like Regroup If you cannot spot an Orc minion, discard this condition, then yes, it would be fair.

Few cultures use defender bonuses and with the new stone with which 1 per 3 minions at least stay unassigned they aren’t thus important and maybe too powerful. If it was culturally enforced then we could have two other versions of this card for the other minion cultures as well. So, what is better? One card that work for every culture or three cards that do the same job?
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:13 pm
Apopatos wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:

Few cultures use defender bonuses and with the new stone with which 1 per 3 minions at least stay unassigned they aren’t thus important and maybe too powerful. If it was culturally enforced then we could have two other versions of this card for the other minion cultures as well. So, what is better? One card that work for every culture or three cards that do the same job?

If all three had similar setbacks and costs such as those stated in my previous post, then yes, three cards that do the same thing would be better.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:32 pm
More complicated maybe but better? The result is the same.

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 pm
Apopatos wrote:
More complicated maybe but better? The result is the same.

If by more complicated you mean fair and balanced, then no it is not the same and yes it is better. All I’m saying is that this card needs some spotting requirements and a detrimental effect to balance its defender cancelling.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit