LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

1 (Worst)  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

Total Votes : 4
The First
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Huh?

their Ink-Eyes : $4,85 * 2 = $9,30

for my Life and Boseiju = 4,79 + 1,64 = $6,43

my Grave-Shell Scarab + Twilight Drover = 3,95 + 0,53

for their Arashi $3,97

So in grand total I win +/- $2,5 or do I miss something?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:47 pm
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/SK/Arashi__the_Sky_Asunder.html

Arashi = buy at 2.00 each

http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/RA/Grave_Shell_Scarab.html

buy at 4.98

yea... I do like the ink-eyes deal, though.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:24 pm
Singrail: irl, the prices are very different for cards than online, and multiple copies of cards drive down the set cost considerably. A set of isamarus goes for under 10, especially with the fast decline of r/w weenie, and glorious anthems are a couple bucks apiece at best. You still did get good deals, but not really good deals

First: Ink eyes is at about 4-5 right now. Life is going between 7-8 on average. Boseiju is jumping in value weekly as more and more counterspell decks get owned by uncounterable persecutes/ideals. You are vastly undervaluing the scarab, which goes for around 8 in most places. it can be a little under, but certainly not around 4. Twilight drover is negligible, but you should be able to pick up a set of arashis for about 10-12.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Isamarus:
4x Isamaru at eBay

I think not under ten. I'm also not sold on R/W declining. Until CHK ages out, I'm pretty sure R/W will remain a stable deck.

I don't care who values a scarab at 8$. What I do care is I can pick one up for just under five. Agreed on drover and arashi, though.

I like my deals very much (of course, that's why I made them Smile)
inresponse
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:02 pm
ebay is not a good tool. Prices fluctuate rapidly there, sometimes you can pick up the same card you saw for 10 dollars for 1-2 in a couple days

r/w is barely hanging on to its place int he metagame. the archetypes of the format have evolved so that they deal with that deck too superbly forit to be much of a factor. god draws are its only wins against many decks. It has bad matchups versus gifts, blue control, glare, and greater good. it's matchups versus zoo and r agro aren't great either.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:10 pm
Okay, lets say you know things better than ebay. I can agree they fluctuate. Lets turn to MOTL instead, where isamaru is 5.02, shall we? Maybe where it's 4.69 on findmagiccards.com? You can't find a playset for ten.

4x Isamaru at eBay

There's another ebay auction as well. You seem to be correct. It's fluctuated between 20 and 24. Still not even close to ten. If you can really find a set at ten. I'll buy it for twelve.

Regardless of the decks that can use it, one for a 2/2 will be used.
inresponse
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:28 pm
what websites sell a card at is much normally much higher than its trade value. I don't know a good magic player in my area and the surrounding states who trades for isamaru above 3. If you like your deal, that's fine. But based on my experience with Isamaru, his value is under hat you value him at. THere is nothing wrong with that, you just value your crd differently than others. If everyone valued cards at the same price, noone would ever make trades, because they would never feel they were making the best deal.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:54 pm
inresponse wrote:
I don't know a good magic player in my area and the surrounding states who trades for isamaru above 3.

If thats meant to be a crack at my Magic skills, I'm very dissapointed that you feel the need to put others down over the internet. I'm not saying I'm great, but you can't be too bad to go undefeated at the prerelease (sealed)...

By the way, if the only thing seperating a cards cash value from trade value, than there really is no difference which is used.

If say Isamaru is 5$ cash value and 3$ trade value, and some other card is 10$ cash or 6$ trade, you end up at a two for one either way. Becuase all of my prices were justified using findmagiccards.com, it is a consistant guide of proportional value, whether or not the actual value is different.
inresponse
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:32 pm
not a crack at your magic skills unless you are in my area

but don't think prerelease flights prove anything. They are the lowest level of competitive magic, even under fnms. But congrats on it anyways.

the pricing between rl and online is not consistent using any kind of ratio. for example if isamaru is at 6 online and a dual is at 20, irl they are not going to be 3 and 10 respectively. Usually theyare at about 3 and 16-18. But maybe it's different in your area? I am just sayign that where I am and through my magic online and other magic site experience, it doesn't seem like a good trade. Perhaps you place a different value on cards and that is why you made the trade, it doesn't really matter. I don't plan on trading with you, so I don't know why this convio is stilling going on...

The first: have you tried invoke the firemind? it is insane. please test with it
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:40 pm
Yeah... I guess values change a little bit based on meta. For example, ravager carried a little less trade value here because we were one of the umpteen states where ravager didn't take the state title. Not sure I can see duals at 18, since stores have them at 15, but once again, I suppose it's just an area thing.

As for firemind, it looks absolutely incredible- but only in limited. I'm pretty sure it won't fly in constructed because of mana cost. I prefer compulsive research or lightning helix for draw or burn.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest