LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:26 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Most Gandy men run followers. I love that deck, but ever since I saw Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion, I thought, "Wow... he could potentially make a good deck." So I’m trying it with T&D cards: Gandy Men, the Tokens Edition

So I’ve always been a fan of Gandalf Men, ever since they comae out. In fact, As far as I can tell, I was one of the first people to actually take the deck seriously. Strange Meeting, et cetera.
Great deck. But Dasron is more effecient than Erland (who tends to be a staple of many GandyMen decks), if you can get enough tokens, and make them worth it. After seeing the T&D Gandalf stuff, I decided I just had to try it. Of course, it’ll be expensive, with two Gandalf, Returned in it, but maybe I’ll get lucky and pull one someday...

Anyway, I’m looking for suggestions. Remember, this is based off tokens. I’m trying to keep as far away from the followers deck as can be reasonably done.

Starting:
Frodo, Weary from the Journey w/ SaWtC
Brand, King of Dale x1
Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion x1

Companions:
Librarian, Keeper of Ancient Texts x3
Gandalf, Returned x2
Ghan-buri-Ghan, Chieftain of the Woses x2

Conditions:
Behold the White Rider x2
Fear and Great Wonder x1
Last Stand x3
Not the First Halfling x1
Watch and Wait x1

Events:
Deep in Thought x2
The Flame of Anor x3
Have Patience x2
The Terror of His Coming x2

Followers:
Alatar, Final Envoy x2
Pallando, Far-Travelling One x2

Possessions/Artifacts:
Beorning Axe x4
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x1
Hobbit Sword x2
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-Staff x1

Strategy: When you get Gandalf, pull Glamdring. Use Gandalf, and Behold the White Rider to get 2 tokens every time Gandalf wins a skirmish. Alatar adds an extra token every turn. At that rate, Dasron can get back pumps for almost nil cost. Extra followers are discarded by the Librarian, and the next follower played in your next fellowship phase. Librarian pumps everyone +2, Brand throws in +1, +2 each from weapons, for a result of:
Gandalf: Str 9
Dasron: Str 11
Brand: Str 10
Librarian: Str 8
GBG: Str 11

Ghan-buri-Ghan is where the heavy-hitter minions go. Use Forest sites so that he can take on multiple big minions and live.

Flame of Anor can be used in Frodo’s skirmishes if necessary. Tokens can be removed to pump as needed, but keep at least 2 out. Burdens can be pulled with Watch and Wait. Companions can exert to get tokens for Last Stand, and get healed by Have Patience.

Deep in Thought discards all shadow conditions. All you need is 4, which is easy enough to get if you’re throwing it out with followers.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm
With Glamdring, FH and Watch and Wait, you may want to use The One Ring, AtaR. I prefer it because of its dual purpose, strength + and vitality.

Look out for Shotgun Enquea, he can hurt. Pack some Terrible and Evil.

G for Grand would be great in this deck. Maybe a copy or two of Measure of Comfort to make sure it works.

Grimbeorn would be nice. As would Jarnsmid, if you run against corruption.

All in all, nice deck. Followers still rule. I love my strength 16 Barliman Butterbur. (Now that is just wrong)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:28 am
Post Treachery and Deciet, I’d drop Frodo for Galadriel. Put in the Silver Ewer and 2 Elven Armaments. Your deck will fall to the Frenzy of Arrows in a hurry unless you have that. Might even consider using a couple copies of The Faithful Stone. Treachery and Deciet will change the way we make our decks, that’s for sure. Crying or Very sad
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:40 am
Foresight wrote:
Post Treachery and Deciet, I’d drop Frodo for Galadriel. Put in the Silver Ewer and 2 Elven Armaments. Your deck will fall to the Frenzy of Arrows in a hurry unless you have that. Might even consider using a couple copies of The Faithful Stone. Treachery and Deciet will change the way we make our decks, that’s for sure. Crying or Very sad

Please dont use The Faithful Stone, if you cant win without using immensely unbalanced cards why play? Surely PPE is the reason you and your friends play, to have fun. Unless going to a tournament i would discourage that card most strongly!

But yes FS you are right and i see youre sad about it too, T&D is gonna change how we play because its not been tested. Its gonna change how i play cos i aint facing anyone using destroyers and usurpers or the faithful stone.

Ad use some travelers homestead that would be well useful.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded