LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:53 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Added some match-up stuff, though I felt REALLY out of place attempting that. Hard to judge when you’ve never actually PLAYED the game. Razz Hope they’re alright.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:52 pm
A new Fighting Frodo approach! I like the idea of using the non-RB version of Frodo.

But one Q:
Wouldn’t it be too much to try assigning the Ring-bearer and pumping Frodo up at the same time? You might get tied up trying to do all at the same time.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Celebrimbor wrote:
But one Q:
Wouldn’t it be too much to try assigning the Ring-bearer and pumping Frodo up at the same time? You might get tied up trying to do all at the same time.

Actually, I think it would be relatively easy to do whenever you have a Where Now the Horse or two in your hand. If you don’t, then just don’t worry about it that turn. You should have enough powerful companions to survive until you do, especially since, if you don’t have Where Now the Horse, you likely have a couple big pumps in your hand instead. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:05 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’m not exactly a highly-experienced judge, but I think this deserves an easy 5, especially with the matchups added.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:15 pm
You get a 5 from me, Dain. Cool

If you get 1st, this can be the first deck that you build! Laughing
I had to put something here.
Takeo
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
Totally loved it! Very nice written article! Wanted to read more and more of it! You should start playing.. hehe.. 5 from me Very Happy
Selling "Homemade" Lotr decks! --> Here!
Selling Lotr Singles --> Here!

Look at my new article:
Shamans, Amazingly good or Amazingly evil?
Shadows
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 am
I liked it, simple but effective article, that covers all the bases.

I don’t know if there’s space able to be made in the deck, but 4x a promise would seem like a good idea for this deck, as it would make Sam fighting less scary, and Frodo even more beastly.
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:06 pm
Awesome article.

A good match-up would be rule of 5, which would slaughter this deck. A good Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin against corruption could take down your Frodo. As would Greed, Shotgun Enquea, etc. Rule of 5 socks this deck right in the teeth. Thus, I wanna play you when you build it. Twisted Evil

Just kidding.

Anyway, where’s Bill the Pony, Dearly-Loved? Veteran Horseman would be even better. And Riding like the Wind wouldn’t hurt Frodo so bad.

The Measure of Comfort / Long Live the Halflings combo would work well with G for Grand.

Also, you have the WRONG shadow for this deck. Dead wrong. How are you going to get a decent swarm hand with On Your Doorstep?

Solution? Cut On your doorstep, it hurts your shadow more than it helps. Although its nice in the FP, it doesn’t work with the shadow.

Also cut with strength to fight and Knights of His House. You’re using followers, so Knights of His House does nothing. Add 4x G for Grand. And Pallando. And Brooding on Tomorrow, with They Sang as They Slew, that could be helpful. And if you have any way to get muster, it can really hurt, maybe Strange Meeting or two. Or Fear and Great Wonder with Alatar to give Gandalf Muster. Lose initiative, gain initiative, lose initiative, burn two conditions. Twisted Evil

Or just forget muster and use They Sang as they Slew.

Radagast, the Brown and Radagast’s Staff would be helpful as well, as this deck can beat everything up, finish them off with They Sang as they Slew and then draw cards, move on, lose initiative if possible for brooding on tomorrow, move again, repeat for 5 sites Twisted Evil

Conditions wouldn’t be a problem then.
Last edited by NBarden on Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it was OK, but just not incredible. you still merit a 4, and a great first article.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:54 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
For someone who has never played the game this is a very impressive article.
I like how you explain why you used each card.
Very well done the match-ups are nice also.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest