LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:19 am
Nice article, but I think that you should drop the following cards from your deck:

Gandalf, Defender of the West x2
On Your Doorstep x4
They Sang as They Slew x2
Knights of His House x2
New Chapter

The Gandalf cards I think should be dropped, since with such a huge deck (82 cards) it’ll be very very hard to get Gandalf early, and so On Your Doorstep could very probably just clog your hand.

The Rohan events I would drop for some Rohan strength events, so that your Rohirrim have a better chance of winning skirmishes. Hamstrung or Hurried Barrows are my suggested replacements.

And New Chapter looks kinda lonely all by itself, so I would just drop it for another copy of Long Live the Halflings.

Oh, and when listing a site path with sites from Shadows and up, instead of {1}{2}{3}{4}{5}{6}{7}{8} and {9}, you should instead list the Shadow number of each site (e.g. {0}{0}{1}{1}{2}{2}{3}{3}{3}).

---

Still, a nice article, and if you make the suggested changes I think it would turn out even better.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm
Very well explained, and thoroughly examined. A 5 from me!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
gil-estel
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:43 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Rohan is back! Incredible how the ring-bearer is used this way..like it a lot!
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 pm
Congratulations to DainIronfoot, who takes fourth place and $10 store credit in the May 2007 LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest! Applause

June’s contest will be the last one with prize support, so if you’re working on a masterpiece, be sure to submit it before June 30!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:05 am
Woohoo Dain! Now you gotta get some cards. You have no excuse.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I intend to. Smile But how can I best spend $10?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:03 am
Get a starter deck with it. The best one would (IMHO) be the Elven Hunter / Uruk Rampage deck from Rise of Saruman, but it’s sold out. If you’re going to be playing Expanded or Standard format, you’ll definitely want to get a starter deck from Shadows and up, so that you get the correct site path. The Gandalf deck from Shadows only costs $5 and it’s one of my favorite starter decks ever. The Bloodlines and Black Rider decks are also fairly cheap, while Hunters decks cost $8-$9.

Hope this helps! In the end I would suggest getting the Gandalf deck from Shadows or a deck from Black Rider or Bloodlines. That way you still have enough $$$ left over to buy a couple packs or some singles that you like.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 pm
Hunters. Aragorn. Also buy 4x Forth the Three Hunters to go with it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yep that is a very powerful deck with the Ft3H
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Where can I find out which cards are in which starter decks?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest