LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Shield of the White Tree?

5 (Best)  
12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

18%
  [ 3 ]  18%

50%
  [ 8 ]  50%

12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

Total Votes : 16
teolixx
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:21 pm

a new shield for gondor
nice ability, but it’s up to luck if it would benefit you..
if the opponent kept some fellowship cards you can delay him, but it’s nothing certain.
it’s good though if you play gondor with gandalf and use cards like "a new light" to see the opponents hand so you know if it’s good for you
anyway a 4 from me
Last edited by teolixx on Thu May 03, 2007 5:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Piecesofeight
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:28 pm
What a horrible card. The orc version of this is good because it does something even if there are no followers. This is just hand clog. 1 star from me.
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:30 pm
Archery total -1 is back. Old school. And then forcing them to shuffle, really does nothing. Except maybe helping Fruit Loops a little.

I give it a 3. Better than Great shield, but nothing spectacular.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:31 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
It’s decent, I guess. Nothing spectacular, but it does add a touch of flexibility. I’d probably never bother using its ability.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AdultLink
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:55 pm
great shield = now worthless (unless you plan on playing great shield on a Gandalf or Rohan man)
Haves/Wants
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:08 pm
<The two competing topics were merged. Teolixx will get credit for this one as his post was first. All the confused posts have been deleted. Due to the merge, some of you may need to re-vote. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.>
Thanks,
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:40 pm
Fair, but not phenomenal. The hand re-draw could hurt you just as much as it could help you.

A 3. Neutral
I had to put something here.
Anvar
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:22 pm
I actually really like this card. It is balanced, culturally enforced and does something (almost) new and exciting. It is a card that makes you try to think how to build a deck around it. A deck that bounces cards back to your opponents’ hands perhaps.

I wish more cards in this set were as interesting and well-balanced as this one.

Anvar
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:24 pm
This could work well with Shapes slowly advancing. Bounce the companions back into hand with that card. Then, on your turn, use this card’s ability to shuffle those companion back into your opponent’s deck so he can’t play them next turn! This idea works better with Mellon! of course, but hey, it works with this too.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:30 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AdultLink wrote:
great shield = now worthless (unless you plan on playing great shield on a Gandalf or Rohan man)

Yes, but for that reason, the Great Shield still has uses. Amazing considering how long it’s been....

As for this card, I give it a 3.5. It could burn you badly, but it could break things open for you if used at the right time.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit