LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:26 am
The TOC spoil card is 18R82.

Cost 3
Orc Culture

*Grond, Forged With Black Steel

Possession - Support Area

To play, spot an <orc> minion.
Each time the fellowship moves in the regroup phase, you may discard this possession to search the Free Peoples player’s draw deck and remove up to 2 Free Peoples cards from the game.

"Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond!"

-Timmy!
Last edited by tcreese on Mon May 07, 2007 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 am
An Orc card, then. A new Grishnakh?

Edit: Neat, but it seems broken. Here’s a quick "translation" to make it a bit more legible. Thumbs Up

3 • Grond, Forged With Black Steel Orc
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time the fellowship moves in the regroup phase, you may discard this possession to search the Free Peoples player’s draw deck and remove up to 2 Free Peoples cards from the game.
"Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond!"
18R82
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 am; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:38 am
The way Grond reads, wouldn’t we be able to remove ’any’ two FP cards from the game? That could rape the FP companions!!

-Timmy!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:40 am
Ouch. Another card to X-list..... Rolling Eyes
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:42 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
It should also say "...and remove up to 2 Free Peoples cards revealed from the game", or something similiar. As written, one could interprit that you could choose to discard FP cards from play, I believe. REALLY X-listable.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AdultLink
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
It should also say "...and remove up to 2 Free Peoples cards revealed from the game", or something similiar. As written, one could interprit that you could choose to discard FP cards from play, I believe. REALLY X-listable.

are you sure it could read that way, because it says that you search the deck and choose, implying that the cards are chosen from the searched deck.

the card is good but definately not broken. People need to get a grip and stop yelling for every good orc rare to be x-listed.
Haves/Wants
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:37 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Combo with Forced march.
Yikes.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:44 am
Wow, possession discard is nearly becomming a must! Orc have yet another card that’s slightly broken. Oh look, your condition discarding cards are gone from your deck, now I can GOBLIN HORDES YOU TO DEATH! Oh look, your Elven Armaments are gone from your deck, now I can FRENZY of Arrows YOU TO DEATH! Not talking
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:51 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AdultLink wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

are you sure it could read that way, because it says that you search the deck and choose, implying that the cards are chosen from the searched deck.

It’s implied, sure. But not out-right stated. I’m just playing devil’s advocate in saying that someone could interprit it differently, and have a decent case for it as the card is written now.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 am
Implied vs. actual text. Big difference.

I’m playing my shadow w/ orcs, grond, and forced march. I ’MAKE’ you move again (triggering grond). I search your deck, and discard two of your companions in play (actual text vs. implied). I drop even more orcs on your depleated fellowship and eat the RB.

Nasty. d'oh!

-Timmy!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit