LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Anvar
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:27 pm
Grond wasn’t the card I saw at the TOC, I saw Watcher at Sarn Ford (or whatever his name was). Unfortunately, I didn’t memorise his stats or abilities but I recall he was Unique and had resistance 8, as well as a nice combat ability.

Hopefully it will be spoiled soon.

Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Wow, possession discard is nearly becomming a must! Orc have yet another card that’s slightly broken. Oh look, your condition discarding cards are gone from your deck, now I can GOBLIN HORDES YOU TO DEATH! Oh look, your Elven Armaments are gone from your deck, now I can FRENZY of Arrows YOU TO DEATH! Not talking

condition discard doesn’t matter did you forget the smith? wow this card is BROKEN. I mean simply broken.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:33 pm
Uh, Grond only works when the FP moves in the regroup and then it discards its self. Sorry, but I really don’t see how this card is worse than the old Grond.
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:35 pm
Just use Forced March, and bingo - instant companion removal from play (and more minions to play for the double move). Very, very nasty...

-Timmy!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
so it either forces you to single move for a while once you get it out, or lose precious cards, + orcs have something called possession recursion.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anvar
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:51 pm
I think we all know that the new Grond does not in fact remove cards in play from the game. The card needs an errata because it could be abused as printed, but it is obvious what the intent of it is. If anyone tried to remove my companions in play from the game with this card I would refuse to play them.

As printed, it’s a funky card, with an effect we haven’t seen before in LotR. It makes you rethink how you build FP decks. I know that I often put in single copies of important companions or posessions, because I only ever need one in play. Grond makes you think about putting in more copies, or risk losing important pieces of your combo.

I like it muchly.

Anvar
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anvar wrote:
I think we all know that the new Grond does not in fact remove cards in play from the game. The card needs an errata because it could be abused as printed, but it is obvious what the intent of it is. If anyone tried to remove my companions in play from the game with this card I would refuse to play them.

As printed, it’s a funky card, with an effect we haven’t seen before in LotR. It makes you rethink how you build FP decks. I know that I often put in single copies of important companions or posessions, because I only ever need one in play. Grond makes you think about putting in more copies, or risk losing important pieces of your combo.

I like it muchly.

Don’t get me wrong, I also think it’s a really neat card, and like the original Grond, one that changes the way the game is played (in a good way). I also like that about it. I just think one little word could have made a HUGE difference in the text, and leaving that word out is a big no-no and will surely be abused by people that are less...scrupulous than you and I. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AdultLink
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:11 pm
raptor22 wrote:
Uh, Grond only works when the FP moves in the regroup and then it discards its self. Sorry, but I really don’t see how this card is worse than the old Grond.

Uh, thank you!!!!

At this point people are so scared that they can’t make a good freeps or that their shadow’s can’t get the job done that they want every stinkin good orc card x-listed so that the orc culture is a pitiful piece of crap. I realize the overpoweredness of the cutlure presently, but of course something will be restricted or r-listed soon, the set hasn’t even come out, nothing’s going to happen yet obviously!
Haves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:15 pm
If Grond works the way that it’s supposed to, I think it’s a very balanced card. People need to stop screaming for X-listing of it and instead just ask for a clarification in the CRD stating that it works only on cards in their draw deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:29 pm
This would require an erratum. Decipher doesn’t issue errata on cards any more. Basically two thirds of the thus far revealed cards would require errata in order to be playable or not completely broken. Really honestly and truly pathetic game design.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit