LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:31 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
If Grond works the way that it’s supposed to, I think it’s a very balanced card. People need to stop screaming for X-listing of it and instead just ask for a clarification in the CRD stating that it works only on cards in their draw deck.

That would make it a very balanced card, and still a viable addition to orc decks.

But until any such CRD update, this is abusive as written.

-Timmy!
tcreese
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:36 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
This would require an erratum. Decipher doesn’t issue errata on cards any more. Basically two thirds of the thus far revealed cards would require errata in order to be playable or not completely broken. Really honestly and truly pathetic game design.

It sure does give the impression Decipher is cleaning house, and getting everything they can "out the door" before it shuts.

I can’t even get Decipher to give me answers about their world wide role playing campaign. That has happened before, and that product line was on hold for over a year (focus given on .HACK, WARS, and Megaman).

I’m hoping for the best... But T&D looks too rushed, as Aaron brushes upon.

-Timmy!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:45 am
It MUST mean from the deck. If its meant to work like tcreese is using it then it CLEARLY is broken. However if it is used how its probably intended then its balanced i think, still nasty but not x-list stuff. But the problem is D dont issue Errata so it looks like it will be used brokenly. Shame. Again.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
rzyua
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:59 am
lem0nhead wrote:
It MUST mean from the deck. If its meant to work like tcreese is using it then it CLEARLY is broken. However if it is used how its probably intended then its balanced i think, still nasty but not x-list stuff. But the problem is D dont issue Errata so it looks like it will be used brokenly. Shame. Again.

Unfortunately it it doesn’t mean it. I have played a lot of TCGs so far with a lot of different players, and all I noticed is the fact they try to abuse the game rules as often as possible. Obviously it is nothing new, this is why D should really consider changing the cards designers. If still able in thier present condition...

By the way, if understood correctly the new Grond seems to be ok for me. Tough, but quite ballanced.
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:37 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Its obvious what it is meant to say, but that’s not what it does say.
Unfortunately, since, as Bib says, "Cards do what they say, no more, no less," then it is broken.
D doesn’t do errata, but they do still do clarifications, I think, so it may not be a problem still.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Hedgehog81
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:50 am
Discard it and no more problem

use Gondor Stuff
BRC
For the Mark

and what else you like
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:51 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
IF D would just accept help from play testers stuff like this wouldn’t happen.
I mean for goodness sake, D_I caught the mistake, and was able to say how it should have been , and he hasn’t even played the game!
Cummon D, even amateur DC makers can do a better job then these stupid errors.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
tcreese
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:52 am
Hedgehog81 wrote:
Discard it and no more problem

use Gondor Stuff
BRC
For the Mark

and what else you like

Possession removal is critical...

-Timmy!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:54 am
bobtheorc wrote:

Ouch! Dain is no amateur. His DC’s rock, in fact id probably call ihm professional DC maker as he’s the coolest one around for them! Wink
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
lem0nhead wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:

Ouch! Dain is no amateur. His DC’s rock, in fact id probably call ihm professional DC maker as he’s the coolest one around for them! Wink

He doesn’t have to be talking about Dain. Heck, I make better cards than Frenzy of Arrows/Elven Armaments
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit