LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:00 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m just a student of the game. Very Happy You gotta know the rules and proper wording for cards if you want to make good dream cards. And too often lately, Decipher’s stuff has been FAR inferior to the cards we amateur DC makers have been cranking out. That’s just my opinion, of course, but I would daresay folks like AC and Menace and AP and EL and NBarden could out-design Big D’s hired monkeys with one hand tied behind their backs.

</mini-rant>

"Professional DC Maker". Razz I might have to use that sometime.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:04 am
Hedgehog81 wrote:
Discard it and no more problem

use Gondor Stuff
BRC
For the Mark

and what else you like

Yet another Decipher transferer! Greetings Alberto! Nice to see you make the transition! Have a welcoming GP so you can get your southron avatar very soon! Wink
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
spartiatis
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:49 am
Well, the thing that really bothers me about Grond (and nobody seems to have mentioned loudly so far) is that if my opponent gets to use Grond, he sees all the cards in my deck and he knows what he can expect till the very end of the game.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

That is (close to) the disadvantage that was given only for fun as the last drawback in the "Race to Mount Doom" competition.
Now it is part of normal play???
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
ooh. Good point.

And welcome another convert from D’s boards!
Here’s a GP to help you get a Boromir avatar!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:37 am
What culture’s do not have possesion removal?

Elves/Hobbits?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
spartiatis wrote:
Well, the thing that really bothers me about Grond (and nobody seems to have mentioned loudly so far) is that if my opponent gets to use Grond, he sees all the cards in my deck and he knows what he can expect till the very end of the game.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

That is (close to) the disadvantage that was given only for fun as the last drawback in the "Race to Mount Doom" competition.
Now it is part of normal play???

yeah I remember once battlewarg made a DC that could do that. he didn’t notice it but when I gave my reasons for why I said he shouldn’t do that he immediately changed it. I remember seeing a thread on D with a pippin that revealed a player’s adventure deck and people thought it was too good. Welcome I remember seeing you on D (I am a member only on CC though)

FR, gondor has catapult, Rohan has quite a bit. so does gandalf.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:58 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I’m I would daresay folks like AC and Menace and AP and EL and NBarden could out-design Big D’s hired monkeys with one hand tied behind their backs.

Technically speaking... I did. Wink

sickofpalantirs wrote:
FR, gondor has Catapult

Catapult is a joke when it comes to effectiveness.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Dravius
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:28 pm
I truly hope they make cards that prevent my opponent from looking in my draw deck because I don’t like my opponent to know if I run a fierce in despair, sting of shelob, a dark shape sprang or any of those one time surprise cards or not.

It just ruins their usefulness if he knows I’m running one.

And imagine how frustrated and bored you’ll become if your opponent starts to study your deck for 1 or 2 minutes just to make sure he remembers what’s comming next. Personaly, I would swear like a madman and just leave the table, concede victory and never play against his deck EVER.
menace64
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:39 pm
Dravius wrote:

And imagine how frustrated and bored you’ll become if your opponent starts to study your deck for 1 or 2 minutes just to make sure he remembers what’s comming next. Personaly, I would swear like a madman and just leave the table, concede victory and never play against his deck EVER.

In fact, this very problem arose during BoHD development when Decipher was working with the Rohan Circus strategy (which involved moving Rohan possessions from the discard pile, to your deck, then to your hand). They simplified it because they realized how time-consuming deck-tampering was.

*Sigh*

Guess they forgot.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AdultLink
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:46 pm
I’m still not very scared about this card. I think people are going insane quickly over the Orc culture in general, but think about how this card is not that amazing. Freeps has a ton of posession removal, mainly gondor and rohan, but still. Then also, how often are you going to double move early except maybe between site 2 and 3. So if they get a lucky pull they might hurt you that way. But otherwise, you’re gonig to be fairly well equipped to double move, and if all they can do is get 2 cards from your deck that you aren’t even using, I don’t consider it that big a deal. Plus they are decreasing the number of freeps cards in your deck which will help you get a better shadow pull to smack them the next turn. I would say that this card hurts Elf Telepathy double-moves the most, but even then, is this card that big a deal?
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit