LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Thorin's Harp?

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

1 (Worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 18
teolixx
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:39 pm

and we have 3 dwarven cards....
nice card...
now the axe of khazad-dum gives easily damage+1..
but it’s a condition and it needs an exert...
so i i think it will be useful only in very specific decks..
and it’s a tale, it can be used along with "a dragon’s tale"
thorin was a musician, who would’ve imagined it...
a 2 from me
Last edited by teolixx on Fri May 04, 2007 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:42 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Interesting, and particularly useful in Mountain Homestead decks. Looks like it will be very playable in certain decks, and completely pointless in others. I’ll give it a 4, since it will be a major aid in some cases. Not so much in others.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:05 pm
And this is spolied right on the heels of this from my DC set:

2 • Thorin’s Harp Dwarven
Artifact
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Thorin.
Maneuver: Exert Thorin to draw a card for each roaming minion you can spot (limit 3).
Regroup: Discard this artifact to heal Thorin.
”It was a beautiful golden harp, and when Thorin struck it the music began all at once, so sudden and sweet that Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.”
R14

At least I have lore. Razz

Not a bad ability, though. A 4 from me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This could be very cool. Mountain Homestead...nice stuff! And maybe we’ll see some other cool mountain stuff.

Although...why does Thorin’s Harp transfer the benefits of a mountain to the current site? It makes no logical sense.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
raptor22
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:53 pm
lol, in the Q&A I asked if the harp was an artifact and Brad said "no it’s a paper thin harp"
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:20 pm
i think it stinks
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Foresight
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:51 pm
A well-balanced card for the Dwarven culture. It costs 0 and requires an exertion to use. Making the site a mountain certainly does benefit plenty of Dwarven cards, I might even consider making that Mountain Homestead deck now. No need to use Smeagol or splash Ranger of Westernesse to control the sitepath for mountains anymore! Gets a 3 from me.
redoschi
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:15 pm
mountain homestead decks really have a consistent ability to ensure they’ll have their mountains ready... can’t wait to try that... if you make a path with mountains, then harp can be used just to make sure that you get the mountains when you need them

and don’t forget that mt doom is a mountain and if you manage to play it on a certain region, then your opponents can’t take it away from you!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:00 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lets see here, 1 exertion and ALL my dwarves are strength +8...poor little sauron, did Linnar hurt his feelings by KILLING him!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:36 am
Or Durin III? Oh my lord...he doesn’t need anything else to add to his phenominal strength! Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit