LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:41 pm
--- description ---
A Rohan/Gondor filter deck with the power of Foretguls, look out Expanded! NAZGUL SWARM!
--- end description ---

Well...this is the deck I am trying to build and though I’d get some help.

Free Peoples (37)

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One RIng, The RIng of Rings

Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien*
Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg

Eomer, Rohirrim Captain
Hrethel, Rider of Rohan
Faramir, Son of Denethor
Aragorn, Driven by Need x 2

Riddermark Javelin x 4 (*2)
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow*
Faramir’s Bow
Rider’s Spear x 4
Rider’s Mount x 3

Sword Rack x 4(*3)
Help in Doubt and Need x 2*

Delving x 4
Last Days of My House x 4*

Faramir’s Sword
Gondorian Blade
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon

Shadow (37)

The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Riders x 2(*1)
Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion x 2(*1)
Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow x 4
Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin x 3
Ulaire Nertea, Ninth of the Nine Riders x 2(*1)
Ulaire enquea, Black threat x 2
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders x 4*
Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter x 2*
Black Rider x 4(*1)

Lost In the Woods x 3(*2)
Moving This Way x 3(*2)

Dark Approach x 4(*3)
The Master’s Will x 2

Sites-
0 The Angle
0 Woody-End
0 Buckland Homestead
1 Hill of Sight
2 Caras Galadhon
2 Flats of Rohan (For lack of a forest)
3 Old Forest Road
3 Crossroads of the Fallen Kings
3 Trollshaw Forest

Anyway, with Rohan, Theoden is there to die. Get him killed off at site 2, if possible, and grab Eowyn. Use Last days of my house to thin out your deck, Eomer to cycle, and then shoot and bang everything up with Eowyn, Faramir, (Who, with his sword and bow, nicely compliment your Forestguls), Aragorn, and even Gimli. Not to mention all the Riddermark Javelins, which stack on Sword-Rack.

HIDAN is there in case you have to fight.

Anyway, I need healing. Any advice here?

Forestguls, use Nelya to get your forests out, and then with a filtered deck, slam them with The Angle, drop a Forestgul bomb. Abuse Cantea to make your job easier, and then pre-swarm as much as possible with Buckland Homestead to do a mass condition burn (if necessary). But save the Dark Approach until the Angle.

Also, I added asterisks next to cards I don’t have so people can trade with me. Offer in my trading forum. (*X) means I only need X copies, whereas * means I need all copies.
Last edited by NBarden on Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 am; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:39 pm
-Free People’s-

I do not see the point of just starting Eowyn instead of having to get Theoden killed to get her. Laughing So take out Theoden. No Baruk Khazad? Drop the Gondor of the deck. That’s 14 cards eliminated right there, and brings the deck down to 32. Take out a Delving for 4 copies of Baruk Khazad. If you’re going to use Baruk Khazad, then I might suggest using The One Ring, The Ring of Doom instead of Ring of Rings. There you have it, an efficient wounding machine that’s 35 cards.

If you MUST insist on using Gondor, then all I can say is cut some cards you have 3 or 4 copies of from the deck. Theoden take out. Faramir’s Bow take out. Rohirrim Mount take out. A copy of Rider’s Mount take out. Faramir’s Sword and Gondorian Blade take out. A copy of Aragorn and his bow take out. Take out a Delving, Rider’s Spear, and a Horse of Rohan. That should bring it down to 35 cards.

-Shadow-

Moving This Way is a very good choice if you want max cycling ability. Drop Shapes Slowly Advancing, Out of Sight and Shot, Not Easily Destroyed, a copy of Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin. 6 cards so far, now to find the other 5. Perhaps dropping two copies of The Master’s Will and a copy of Moving This Way. A Black Rider and an Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter dropped will bring it down to 35. I agree, 90 is waaaay too big. Shocked
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:48 am
I took a few of your suggestions. Thanks.

Now that I need almost every card in the deck, do you think I should use Eomer, Rohirrim Captain? Or maybe Eomer, Third Marshall of Riddermark.

FOrestguls, I need at least 2 copies of each Nazgul, Cantea was supposed to see action before the swarms (this deck runs off of two swarms, if necessary). That’s why I included 3. But he can police the crowd control during the first swarm, but against ents or the like, that’s still 7 companions. Oh well.

I think I’ll pull a lost in the woods instead of Cantea.

And I have a 37/37 deck, which is pretty good, considering it cycles well. Gamling alone compensates for the two extra cards, as doe Last Days of My House. And then the Master’s Will.

Ideal would be Aldred/Gandalf, LoM/Saved from the Fire, but YEAH RIGHT!

Oh, and Aragorn/Aragorn’s Bow is a great threat adding mechanism for an extra Gimli archery. 3 threats = 5 wounds. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 am
NBarden wrote:
Now that I need almost every card in the deck, do you think I should use Eomer, Rohirrim Captain? Or maybe Eomer, Third Marshall of Riddermark.

Definately Rohirrim Captain.

NBarden wrote:
Oh, and Aragorn/Aragorn’s Bow is a great threat adding mechanism for an extra Gimli archery. 3 threats = 5 wounds. Twisted Evil

Now if only Elven archers and Into the West made their way into the deck... Sick
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 pm
Foresight wrote:
NBarden wrote:

Now if only Elven archers and Into the West made their way into the deck... Sick

Hm...good idea. Lemme work on that. Wink
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
for healing HoH for gondor...also change your strategy now that you cut theoden
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:43 am
I play a version of this using merrys sword and the merry that plays[Rohan] weapons. Exert stuff with this sword then return him to hand and play stuff and stack his sword. Rinse repeat etc..

Other than this your deck looks strangely ok. Hope you dont run into multi cultural hate.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded