LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 pm
--- description ---
Can Lurtz bring down the fellowship all by himself? Can this possibly be accomplished? Here’s a solo minion side that aims to kill the fellowship with only one minion.
--- end description ---

Ok, so I’ve been thinking about a shadow side that relys on one minion to kill or slow down the free people’s player. Why don’t we try Lurtz and see if he can be the perfect choice?

Minions

Lurtz, Minion of the White Wizard x2
Lurtz, Now Perfected x2

Conditions

Not Alone x4
Our Foes are Weak x4
Shingle in a Storm x4
Tempest of War x4

Events

Devastation x4
Broken in Defeat x4

Possessions

Lurtz’s Sword, Mighty Longsword x4

---

-Strategy-

The free people’s side will use A New Light with Gandalf and Smeagol. Discard free people’s Gollum events to trigger the text of Not Alone and A New Light both to get Lurtz back into your hand. Make sure you have the sitepath, Traveled Leader can help as well as One Good Turn Deserves Another. So the strategy is simple, get Lurtz out as often as you can to devastate the fellowship. Rohan Uplands is the defense against archery, but there’s nothing to protect Lurtz from Maneuver wounding rangers or Shadowplay/ Unheeded hobbits. In fact, the two freeps sides destroy this deck. Any other deck will most likely fall to constantly being teased by the dark minion of Saruman. Devastation to discard conditions, Broken in Defeat/ Shingle in a Storm to thin the fellowship. Tempest of War to lower the resistance of the fellowship and discard all the conditions in the support areas. Our Foes are Weak to make companions...well, weak. His mighty longsword will be devastating. Any suggestions that might help Lurtz achieve victory?
Last edited by Foresight on Mon May 28, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ouch! Pikes Upon Pikes, when it comes out, will really help Lurtz avoid wounds.

The only problem with this type of deck is that relying on one minion won’t help if that minion gets discarded (Ithilien Blade) or returned to hand (that one Rohan maneuver event from T&D...) There’s not much to do with that.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
don’t play people with hunter’s block cards Laughing nice original idea Thumbs Up
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Do you have any way to get Lurzt back from your discard pile?
Otherwise good idea, just might not work too well in Standard play vs. Hunter block decks.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:15 pm
He uses a Smeagol FP and burns Smeagol events with Not Alone. And A New Light.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:00 pm
Pikes Upon Pikes, now there’s something that could make this work...no cheesy wounding in the archery phase to take him out, so you’ll have to face him in the skirmish phase!
Last edited by Foresight on Mon May 07, 2007 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
alehaak
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:56 pm
I really want to test this deck!
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
Piecesofeight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:15 am
This deck would not do well, you only have 4 minions in your entire deck. Even if you could get him back with a new light, you will not pull him early enough to hurt companions. Your events and possessions wil l clog your hand becuase there are 12 cards that rely on your minion to even be played.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 am
Piecesofeight wrote:
This deck would not do well, you only have 4 minions in your entire deck. Even if you could get him back with a new light, you will not pull him early enough to hurt companions. Your events and possessions wil l clog your hand becuase there are 12 cards that rely on your minion to even be played.

How helpful was that? Think
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:34 am
Hey FS i think thats a good idea, at least youre showing initiative and giving something new and untried ago. GP just for coming up with the idea, doesnt matter if its not awesome or wins every match, i think its fun to try stuff like this. Thumbs Up
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard