LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:48 pm
Okay, so I’ve decided not to start a million and a half threads doing Rise of the Ring, because I probably won’t stay with any one culture for more than a day or two. I’ll just post all the cards here, and orgainize them for the final card list.

So, here’s the stuff so far:

elf lvr wrote:
5 *Helm Hammerhand, Hero of the Hornburg Rohan
Companion * Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Captain.
To play, spot two Rohan men.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a battleground site, exert Helm Hammerhand to exert a minion he is skirmishing.
Regroup: Exert Helm Hammerhand and another Rohan man to liberate a site.
Helm struck out at Freca with his bare fist, and killed him with that single blow...
R

2 *Eowyn, Bearer of Sorrows Rohan
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: Ring5
Eowyn is resistance +1 for each of the following you can spot: Theoden, Eomer, Theodred.
While Eowyn is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving her, heal 3 minions or add 2 burdens.
Skirmish: If Eowyn bears the One Ring or is at a plains site, exert her and add a burden to make her strength +2 and gain captain.
"This weapon must be wielded for this war to be won. I will take this burden from you, little hobbit."
R

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Guthwine, Battle-Friend Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Eomer. He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard a Rohan card from hand and add 1 to exert a minion skirmishing Eomer.
R

3 *Eomer, King of the Riddermark Rohan
Companion * Man
Strength: 7
Captain.
While you can spot a Rohan man, Eomer is twilight cost -1.
Regroup: If you have initiative, exert Eomer and discard 3 cards from hand to heal each other Rohan man.
R

elf lvr wrote:
2 Ride to Battle Rohan
Event * Maneuver
Add 1 for each Rohan man you can spot to make each Rohan companion strength +1 or damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"’I am here. The last host of the Eorlingas has ridden forth. It will not return without battle.’"

1 Strength Born of Age Rohan
Condition
Plays on a site. Limit 1 per site. You may play this condition any time you could play a maneuver event.
Each Rohan captain at this site is strength +1 and resistance +1.
’Men of that land called it Helm’s Deep, after a hero of old wars who had made his refuge there.’
C

2 *Great Towers of Stone Rohan
Condition * Support Area
Fortification.
Each unique Rohan man at a battleground gains captain.
There upon its spur stood high walls of ancient stone, and within them was a lofty tower. Men said that in the far-off days of the glory of Gondor the sea-kings had built here this fastness with the hands of giants.
C

3 *Erkenbrand, Valorous Leader Rohan
Companion * Man
Captain.
While at a battleground, Erkenbrand gains hunter 1 and damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Erkenbrand and add 1 to return a Rohan possession from your discard pile to hand.
"’He was a mighty man. In him lived again the valour of Helm the Hammerhand.’"
U

elf lvr wrote:
3 *Boromir, Son of Gondor Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Aggressive. Hunter 1.
Boromir is strength +1 for each unbound companion assigned to skirmish.
Regroup: Exert Boromir twice to remove 3 threats.
"Our people, our people! I would have followed you to the end... my brother... my captain... my king!"

2 *Blade of Gondor, Steward’s Heirloom Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Boromir. He is strength +1 for each threat you can spot (limit +3).
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard 3 cards from hand to wound a minion skirmishing Boromir.

elf lvr wrote:
5 *Elendil, Commander of the Last Host Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 5
Knight.
Elendil is strength +1 for each threat you can spot (limit +3).
Skirmish: Exert Elendil to make another companion with resistance 4 or more strength +2 (limit +4).

3 *Isildur, Desperate Lord Gondor
Companion * Man
Resistance: 1
Knight.
If Isildur has resistance 0, place him in the dead pile. Isildur is resistance +1 for each threat you can spot.
Regroup: Exert Isildur twice and remove a threat to remove 2 burdens.

elf lvr wrote:
4 *Gandalf, Caller of Eagles Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Resistance: 7
While you can spot 3 Eagles, Gandalf is resistance +2.
Fellowship: Exert Gandalf twice to play an Eagle from your draw deck.
"As if to his eyes some sudden vision had been given, Gandalf stirred; and he turned, looking back north where the skies were pale and clear. Then he lifted up his hands and cried in a loud voice ringing above the din: ’The Eagles are coming!’"

4 *Gandalf, Borne By Wind Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
While you can spot 4 Eagles, the move limit is +1.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf to make an Eagle strength +1 (and damage +1 if that Eagle is skirmishing an Orc or Wraith minion).
"’Twice you have borne me, Gwaihir my friend,’ said Gandalf. ’Thrice shall pay for all, if you are willing. You will not find me a burden much greater than when you bore me from Zirak-zigil, where my old life burned away.’"

5 *The Eagles are Coming! Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Toil 1.
To play, spot Gandalf.
Each time you play an Eagle, you may remove a burden.
Skirmish: Exert an Eagle (or add a threat) to make a companion strength +1 and damage +1 (limit once per skirmish).
"And many voices answered crying: ’The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming!’ The hosts of Mordor looked up and wondered what this sign might mean."

elf lvr wrote:
7 *Gwaihir, Greatest of Eagles Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
Strength: 12
Signet: Gandalf
Gwaihir is twilight cost -1 for each Eagle you can spot.
Each time Gwaihir wins a skirmish, you may add a threat to exert each minion.
Regroup: Exert Gwaihir twice to discard a minion.
’...and down to him came the great eagle, Gwaihir the Windlord, and stood before him.’

6 *Landroval, Brother of Gwaihir Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
Strength: 10
When you play Landroval, you may heal each companion with the Gandalf signet.
You may add a threat to play Landroval during the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Landroval to spot a companion. If that companion wins this skirmish, remove 2 threats.
’There came Gwaihir the Windlord, and Landroval his brother, greatest of all the Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor...’

4 Northern Vassals Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
While skirmishing an Orc, this companion is strength +2.
While you can spot 3 threats, this companion is damage +1.
’Behind them in long swift lines came all their vassals from the northern mountains, speeding on a gathering wind.’

2 *Eyries in the North Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 2 Eagles or add a threat.
Each Eagle is damage +1 (and strength +1 if at a mountain site).
’...who built his eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was young.’

4 *Meneldor, Young and Swift Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
Hunter 2.
While you can spot 3 other Eagles (or another unique Eagle), Meneldor is strength +2.
Maneuver: Exert Meneldor and add a threat to exert a minion (or wound an orc).
’And he lifted up Gandalf and sped away south, and with him went Landroval, and Meneldor young and swift.’

13 *Gandalf & Gwaihir, Saviors of Middle-Earth Gandalf
Companions * Wizard / Eagle
Strength: 18
Resistance: 7 (Signet: Gandalf)
Gandalf & Gwaihir are twilight cost -2 for each Eagle and Ring-bound hobbit you can spot.
Each time Gandalf & Gwaihir win a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf & Gwaihir to make a Shire or another Gandalf companion strength +2.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Gale of Wings Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Make a Gandalf companion strength +2 (or +3 and damage +1 if you can spot an Eagle or that companion is skirmishing a Wraith minion).
Straight down upon the Nazgûl they bore, stooping suddenly out of the high airs, and the rush of their wide wings as they passed over was like a gale.

4 Would Bear the Weight of Stone Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Exert an Eagle not assigned to skirmish and add a threat to add his strength to the strength of a wizard companion that is skirmishing.
’I would bear you,’ answered Gwaihir, ’whither you will, even were you made of stone.’

3 Greater than the Wind Gandalf
Event * Fellowship or Regroup
Spot an eagle, add a burden, and add 2 threats to play the fellowship’s next site. The move limit for this turn is +1.
’For we have need of speed greater than any wind, outmatching the wings of the Nazgûl.’

elf lvr wrote:
2 Outfly the Wind Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Add a threat and spot an Eagle to suspend the current phase. Begin a skirmish involving that Eagle and a minion. When it ends, resume the suspended phase.
’The North Wind blows, but we shall outfly it.’

2 The Ruin of the Clouds Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf or two Eagles.
Each time a Gandalf companion (except a man) wins a skirmish, you may exert that companion to remove a threat.
His eyes still strayed north, north into the eye of the wind, to where the sky far off was clear, as the cold blast, rising to a gale, drove back the darkness and the ruin of the clouds.

2 Down the Wild Wind Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Exert an Eagle that is not assigned to skirmish to have him replace a companion in a skirmish. If that companion had more resistance than that Eagle, add a threat.
And so it was that Gwaihir saw them with his keen far-seeing eyes, as down the wild wind he came, and daring the great peril of the skies he circled in the air.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Uproar and Mischief Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Spot an Eagle and add a threat to exert a minion. Then, if the fellowship is at a forest site, exert another minion. If you can spot more minions than companions, wound those minions instead.
"What’s all this uproar in the forest tonight?" said the Lord of the Eagles. He was sitting, black in the moonlight, on the top of a lonely pinnacle of rock at the eastern edge of the mountains. "I hear wolves’ voices! Are the goblins at mischief in the woods?"

4 Noble Eagle Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
While you can spot 3 threats, this companion is strength +2.
Skirmish: If this companion is not assigned to skirmish, you may exert him to have him replace an unbound Dwarven or Shire companion in a skirmish.
But the ancient race of the northern mountains were the greatest of all birds; they were proud and strong and noble-hearted.

1 Down, Down, Down Gandalf
Event * Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf companion and add a threat to play a Gandalf companion from your draw deck. If that companion was an Eagle, make each other companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Tonight the Lord of the Eagles was filled with curiosity to know what was afoot; so he summoned many other eagles to him, and they flew away from the mountains, and slowly circling ever round and round they came down, down, down towards the ring of the wolves and the meeting-place of the goblins.

3 Saved By the Sky Gandalf
Event * Response
If a companion is about to be placed in the dead pile, spot an Eagle to prevent that and return that companion to your hand. Then, remove all your threats and place that many wounds on companions.
Just at that moment the Lord of the Eagles swept down from above, seized him in his talons, and was gone.

0 Wrath of Wings and Talons Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Make an Eagle strength +2 (or add a threat to make an Eagle gain Hunter 3 and damage +1).
Over them swooped the eagles; the dark rush of their beating wings smote them to the floor or drove them far away; their talons tore at goblin faces.

1 Not Forks Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Spot an Eagle and a Dwarven or Shire companion to draw 3 cards. Then, discard 2 cards.
"No you don’t!" be heard Dori answering, "because the bacon knows that it will get back in the pan sooner or later; and it is to be hoped we shan’t. Also eagles aren’t forks!"

Aaaaand.... a few new ones to add.

9 *Host of Eagles Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
Strength: 11
This companion is twilight cost -1 for each other Gandalf companion you can spot (except Men).
While skirmishing an Orc, this companion gains hunter 1.
While skirmishing a Warg, this companion gains hunter 1.
Regroup: Discard this companion to remove 3 threats.
The eagles were coming down the wind, line after line, in such a host as must have gathered from all the eyries of the North.

2 Long Suspicions Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot an Orc minion, each Eagle gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and spot an Eagle to draw 2 cards.
The Eagles had long had suspicion of the goblins’ mustering...

7 *Gwaihir, Battle-Lord Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
Resistance: 8
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
When you play Gwaihir, you may remove 2 threats.
Skirmish: If Gwaihir is not assigned to skirmish, return Gwaihir to hand to play another Eagle from hand. Then, you may have that eagle replace an unbound Dwarven or Shire companion in a skirmish.
So they too had gathered in great numbers, under the great Eagle of the Misty Mountains...

2 The Nick of Time Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot an Eagle, each unbound companion is resistance +1.
Skirmish: Play an Eagle from hand to have it replace an unbound companion in a skirmish. Discard this condition.
...and at length smelling battle from afar they had come speeding down the gale in the nick of time.

1 Drove them Down Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Exert a minion skirmishing an Eagle. If that minion was an Orc or Orc minion, make that Eagle hunter 2.
They it was who dislodged the goblins from the mountain-slopes, casting them over precipices, or driving them down shrieking and bewildered among their foes.

1 Depart With First Light Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Epic. (This condition cannot be discarded).
To play, spot three Eagles and add 2 threats.
The move limit is +1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, discard each Eagle you can spot. Then, this condition loses it’s gametext.
"Where are the Eagles?" he asked Gandalf that evening, as he lay wrapped in many warm blankets. "Some are in the hunt," said the wizard, "but most have gone back to their eyries. They would not stay here, and departed with the first light of morning.

2 *Crown of Gold Gandalf
Artifact * Support Area
While you can spot an Eagle and a Dwarf, each companion is resistance +1.
While you can spot an Eagle, each companion with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.
Skirmish: If an Eagle is about to take a wound, add 1 and exert a Dwarf to prevent that.
Skirmish: If a Dwarf is about to take a wound, add 1 and exert an Eagle to prevent that.
"Dain has crowned their chief with gold, and sworn friendship with them for ever."

So.. since Rise of the Ring is pre-war of the ring stuff, expect to see a ton of The Hobbit stuff... including two new cultures, Green and Red!

Yeah, this set is going to take FOREVER.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:28 pm; edited 10 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:27 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
11 *Host of Eagles Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
This companion is twilight cost -1 for each other Gandalf companion you can spot.
The eagles were coming down the wind, line after line, in such a host as must have gathered from all the eyries of the North.

Perhaps exclude Gandalf Men, though I suppose it’s not necessary. I also think it’s just too expensive. I’d lower the cost to 9.

elf lvr wrote:
1 *Long Suspicions Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to draw 2 cards.

Good! Needs a little cultural (or racial Razz) support on the discarding ability, though. I also think you could raise the cost to 2 and make it non-unique if you wanted to.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Eagle
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot a Gandalf wizard, Gwaihir is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Return Gwaihir to hand to play another Eagle from hand. Then, you may have that eagle replace an unbound Dwarven or Shire companion in a skirmish.
So they too had gathered in great numbers, under the great Eagle of the Misty Mountains...

"Eagle" should be capitalized in the text. I think it balances out okay otherwise, though I might raise the cost to 8.

elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Nick of Time Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Play an Eagle from hand to have it replace an unbound companion in a skirmish and remove a threat. Discard this condition.
...and at length smelling battle from afar they had come speeding down the gale in the nick of time.

Neat.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Exert a minion skirmishing an Eagle. If that minion was an Orc or Orc minion, make that Eagle hunter 2 as well.
They it was who dislodged the goblins from the mountain-slopes, casting them over precipices, or driving them down shrieking and bewildered among their foes.

I think you can just drop the "as well".

elf lvr wrote:
2 Depart With First Light Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert an Eagle and add 2 threats.
The move limit is +1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, discard each Eagle you can spot. Then, this condition loses it’s gametext.
"Where are the Eagles?" he asked Gandalf that evening, as he lay wrapped in many warm blankets. "Some are in the hunt," said the wizard, "but most have gone back to their eyries. They would not stay here, and departed with the first light of morning.

I think the title might be better as either "At First Light" or "In The Hunt". And "it’s" should be "its". I THINK it’s balanced otherwise.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *An Eagle’s Crown of Gold Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Each companion with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.
Skirmish: If an Eagle is about to take a wound, add 1 and exert a Dwarf to prevent that.
Skirmish: If a Dwarf is about to take a wound, add 1 and exert an Eagle to prevent that.
"Dain has crowned their chief with gold, and sworn friendship with them for ever."

I think you could drop "An Eagle’s" from the title, and perhaps make it an artifact. The second part (the strength boost) needs cultural/racial enforcement. But it’s a neat card. I like how you’ve tied Eagles and Dwarves together...something I should perhaps go back and do a little more of in Lasting Alliances....

GP once I’m able! The Hobbit seems to be all the rage lately. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

Aaaaand.... a few new ones to add.

11 *Host of Eagles Gandalf
Companion * Eagle
This companion is twilight cost -1 for each other Gandalf companion you can spot.
cut cost by 2

1 *Long Suspicions Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to draw 2 cards.
nice

Companion * Eagle
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot a Gandalf wizard, Gwaihir is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Return Gwaihir to hand to play another Eagle from hand. Then, you may have that eagle replace an unbound Dwarven or Shire companion in a skirmish.
sweet

Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Play an Eagle from hand to have it replace an unbound companion in a skirmish and remove a threat. Discard this condition.
nice

Event * Skirmish
Exert a minion skirmishing an Eagle. If that minion was an Orc or Orc minion, make that Eagle hunter 2 as well.
again nice. But make it cost 2.

Condition * Support Area
The move limit is +1.
sweet

2 *An Eagle’s Crown of Gold Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Each companion with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.

So.. since Rise of the Ring is pre-war of the ring stuff, expect to see a ton of The Hobbit stuff... including two new cultures, Green and Red!

Yeah, this set is going to take FOREVER.

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:58 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Eagle
This companion is twilight cost -1 for each other Gandalf companion you can spot (except men).

Men should be capitalized. Neat card! Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Good. Very Happy

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Eagle
Damage +1. Hunter 1.

Eagle should be capitalized. Neat card! Applause

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I would drop the cost to 2. Sweet card! Cool

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Exert a minion skirmishing an Eagle. If that minion was an Orc or Orc minion, make that Eagle hunter 2.

Good. Smile

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
The move limit is +1.

Oooh! A new keyword! Dancing I would drop the cost to 1. Well done! Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Crown of Gold Gandalf
Artifact * Support Area
While you can spot an Eagle, each companion with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.

Sweet! Applause

A well-earned GP is coming your way! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:28 am
elf lvr wrote:
3 Greater than the Wind Gandalf
Event * Fellowship or Regroup
Add a burden and 2 threats to play the fellowship’s next site. The move limit for this turn is +1.
’For we have need of speed greater than any wind, outmatching the wings of the Nazgûl.’

Good cards all round, but this one screamed out to me. This card NEEDS cultural or racial enforcement. Anyone would think decipher designed this card...

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Eagle
This companion is twilight cost -1 for each other Gandalf companion you can spot (except Men).

Very nice, but I think there’s a bit too much text on this card. Maybe cut the warg text - worst comes to worst you can give it to another guy.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I think this card could be too powerful against the Orc culture, and too useless against everyone else. Compare this to For Death and Glory and Run Until Found.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Eagle
Damage +1. Hunter 1.

Compare to versions of Treebeard. Maybe both damage +1 and hunter 1 is a bit much, but maybe not, it’s hard to gauge companions with such massive twilight costs. Love the ability though, but it should make sure that Gwaihir is unassigned, otherwise it’s a bit much.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *The Nick of Time Gandalf
Condition * Support Area

I’m not that happy with the ability to remove a threat as well as all the other stuff this card does. I’d take it out, and make it non-unique to be a super-Measure of Comfort.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Nice card. Are wargs in the Orc culture? And are there any other orcs in this set that aren’t Orc culture? If the answers are yes and no respectively, I would change it to say simply, Orc minion.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Depart With First Light Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
The move limit is +1.

I like the keyword, but I think it would be really interesting (and it would save space on the card - not that I know any other of your epic cards) if the discarding the condition at the start of the fellowship phase was part of the keyword itself. It could read Epic. (Until the end of the turn, this condition cannot be discarded. Discard this condition at the start of the fellowship phase.), but that may not at all be what you want. You should also make it need to spot a lot more eagles, otherwise I could see using this card in a setup using only Gwaihir, for example, then it isn’t such a big deal, as you could just return him to your hand in the skirmish phase.

I really like Crown of Gold, nothing else to say about it, really. Very nice synergy.

I like how your eagles fly in and out of play. Hey, that’s a great idea, maybe I should do that!
GP for some rocking cards.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:55 pm
I’m adding Simarillion stuff to this set, too. So, that makes for a Morgoth culture, a Blue culture (Noldor), and a White culture (Valar).

Let’s start with the Valar, shall we? Some companions, some followers, a heck lot of fun!

There are, so far 25 or so different versions of the Valar in the set. We ought to get started on them, right?

5 *Iluvatar, The One White
Follower
Strength: +4
Resistance: +2
Aid - 3
Bearer gains spirit.
Shadow cards may not spot or discard your White Followers.
Skirmish: Add a threat to heal bearer.
Then Ilúvatar arose, and the Ainur perceived that he smiled; and he lifted up his left hand, and a new theme began amid the storm...

4 *Namo, Doomsman White
Companion * Valar
Spirit. (To assign this character to skirmish, exert it or add a burden).
While in your starting fellowship, this companion is twilight cost -2.
Skirmish: If Namo is skirmishing, exert him to take a White skirmish event from your discard pile into hand.
He is the keeper of the Houses of the Dead, and the summoner of the spirits of the slain.

Since the Ainur, or Valar, are powerful ’spirits’ who must work to take a viewable form on Middle-Earth, they are powerful, but need to constantly work to stick around. Thus, the Spirit keyword. The White culture will have ways of handling burdens and wounds, don’t worry.

Anyways, before the next cards (my mind sure does wander, doesn’t it?) I’d like to explain a bit more of what I’m doing with this culture. Obviously, they’re powerful, but with a major downside. Hopefully, they’ll be able to manage the wounds and burdens, but running a Valar deck would be a delicate balancing act. Playing against corruption could be great or terrible, depending.

I’ll give them an ARB, eventually (still working on ideas), but for now, a frodo, bilbo, sam, isildur, anything, will do.

They’ll also have a really strong follower base, with every Valar companion (except for one) having a follower version. Ways to discard your followers and companions to free up space for others will come later.

2 *Nienna, Lady of Wisdom White
Companion * Valar
Spirit.
To play, spot a White companion.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Nienna to heal another companion.
Fellowship: Add 2 and a threat to draw a card for each White companion and follower in your discard pile.
All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:

3 *Iluvatar, The One White
Follower
Strength: +2
Resistance: +2
Aid - 3
Bearer must be a White companion.
Shadow cards may not spot or discard your Followers.
Skirmish: Add a threat to heal bearer.
Then Ilúvatar arose, and the Ainur perceived that he smiled; and he lifted up his left hand, and a new theme began amid the storm...

Well, it’s a bit underpowered, given that its a DC of God....
other than that, looks decent, I guess.

4 *Namo, Doomsman White
Companion * Ainur
Spirit. (To assign this character to skirmish, exert it or add a burden).
While in your starting fellowship, this companion is twilight cost -2.
Skirmish: If Namo is skirmishing, exert him to take a White skirmish event from your discard pile into hand.
He is the keeper of the Houses of the Dead, and the summoner of the spirits of the slain.

Thumbs Up

2 *Nienna, Lady of Wisdom White
Companion * Ainur
Spirit.
To play, spot a White companion.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Nienna to heal another companion.
Fellowship: Add a threat to draw a card for each follower in your discard pile.
All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom.
You might want to make it two threats to draw the cards; it sounds like it won’t be too hard to get lots of followers in your discard pile, so what you have at the moment will probably end up being "add a threat to draw four cards." Undercosted.

Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:05 pm
Well, I *could* just word Iluvitar, "When you play this card, you win the game..."

That would probably fit God. Laughing

I made the change on Nienna. Thanks for the review!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:07 pm
Just a quick comment (the cards are balanced enough, I feel), why are your Valar companions Ainur? Sauron is a Maia, Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast are Wizards, the Balrog is a Balrog. I would make the Valar ’Valar’ race, then you could make a distinction between ’Valar’ and ’Maia’.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 pm
The Valar are Ainur.

Valar are simply what the Ainur are called once they have decended into Middle-Earth and taken forms. So, I guess I should call them Valar. I’ll change that.

Thanks for the advice!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards