LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

2 The Terror of the Mine Moria
Condition
To play, spot a Moria minion. Plays on an underground site. No player may play skirmish events or use skirmish special abilities at this site.
Shadow: Discard this condition to make the fellowship’s current site gain underground.
On all the others a dread fell at the mention of that name. Even to the hobbits it was a legend of vague fear.
no Saruman’s snows Wink JK it works

1 He Watches All Roads Moria
Event * Skirmish
Choose one: spot a Sauron minion to make a Moria minion damage +1 until the regroup phase, or spot a Moria minion to make a Sauron minion fierce until the regroup phase.
`We do not know what he expects,’ said Boromir. `He may watch all roads, likely and unlikely. In that case to enter Moria would be to walk into a trap, hardly better than knocking at the gates of the Dark Tower itself. The name of Moria is black.’
cool!

2 Howling Like the Wind Orc
Event * Shadow
Choose one: Play a Warg from your deck to add 2, or play an Orc mount from your deck to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
Suddenly Aragorn leapt to his feet. ’How the wind howls! ’ he cried. ’It is howling with wolf-voices. The Wargs have come west of the Mountains! ’
from your DRAW deck.

4 Much Needed Haste Orc
Event * Regroup
Spot 2 Wargs (or 3 Orc mounts) to make the Free Peoples player move again this turn (if the move limit allows). If the Fellowship has already moved more than once this turn, spot 2 Wargs (or 3 Orc mounts) to make the Free Peoples player place a companion in the dead pile.
’Need we wait until morning then? ’ said Gandalf. `It is as I said. The hunt is up! Even if we live to see the dawn, who now will wish to journey south by night with the wild wolves on his trail? ’
I would just make it this

Spot 2 Wargs (or 3 Orc mounts) to make the Free Peoples player move again this turn (if the move limit allows). The Free Peoples player may place a companion in the dead pile to prevent this.

0 Made Much Worse Orc
Discard an Orc assigned to skirmish a companion to play a Warg from your discard pile, it is twilight cost -X, where X is the twilight cost of that Orc. Then, you may assign that Warg to skirmish that companion.
’The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.’
cool!

2 Howling and Prowling Orc
Event * Shadow or Skirmish
If you play this event during the shadow phase, spot a Warg to play an Orc or Moria minion from your discard pile.
If you play this event during a skirmish phase, spot an Orc to make a Warg damage +1.
`But where the warg howls, there also the orc prowls.’
it works. maybe make it cost 1

2 Wieghing Fear Orc
Condition
Strength: -1
Resistance: -1
To play, spot a Warg. Bearer must be an unbound companion. Limit one per bearer.
Response: If another Orc condition is about to be discarded, discard this condition instead.
’These howls freeze my blood. I don’t ever remember feeling so wretched.’
misspelled weighing

4 *Wolfish Chieftain Orc
Minion * Warg
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Fierce. Captain.
The twilight cost of each other Warg and Orc mount is -1.
Skirmish: Exert this minion twice (or discard it) to play a Warg or Orc mount from your discard pile.
At a gap in the circle a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them. A shuddering howl broke from him, as if he were a captain summoning his pack to the assault.
I guess

5 *Entrapping Troop Orc
Minion * Warg
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Fierce. Lurker.
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Assignment: If you can spot 6 companions, assign this minion to the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion to prevent this and assign Entrapping Troop.
Response: If another Warg loses a skirmish, you may exert Entrapping Troop to assign it to the winning companion (canceling Entrapping Warg’s skirmish if necessary) and begin a skirmish involving this minion and that companion.
Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp. A great host of Wargs had gathered silently and was now attacking them from every side at once.
it wouldn’t fit on a card...

2 Gondorian Swordsmanship Gondor
Event * Fellowship or Skirmish
If this event is played during the fellowship phase, play a Gondor hand weapon from your draw deck.
If this event is played during the skirmish phase, wound a minion skirmishing a Gondor companion bearing a hand weapon.
Through the throat of one huge leader Aragorn passed his sword with a thrust; with a great sweep Boromir hewed the head off another.
cut cost to 1

1 *Wizard’s Brand Gandalf
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Spell.
Bearer must be a Gandalf wizard. This possession may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.
You may play this possession any time you could play a skirmish event.
While skirmishing an Orc or Warg, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
It flared with a sudden white radiance like lightning; and his voice rolled like thunder. "Naur an edraith ammen! Naur dan i ngaurhoth!" he cried.
I guess

1 *Bill the Pony, Fortunate Steed Shire
Possession * Mount
Strength: +1
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Frodo or Sam. Discard Bill the Pony while at an underground site.
Each time Bill the Pony is discarded, discard a Free Peoples possession to heal each Shire companion.
`Poor old Bill! ’ said Frodo. `I had not thought of that. And poor Sam! I wonder what he will say? ’
I guess

1 Darkened Pools Moria
Condition
Plays on the fellowship’s current site. It gains Marsh.
At the end of each turn, the Free Peoples player may add a threat to discard this condition.
Response: If the Fellowship Moves to a site, you may remove 2 to transfer this condition to that site.
It was green and stagnant, thrust out like a slimy arm towards the enclosing hills... Frodo shuddered with disgust at the touch of the dark unclean water on his feet.
sooo many cards.... make it remove 1

1 Not a Good Sign Moria
Event * Response
If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may play the next site if it is a marsh (replacing opponent’s site if necessary) to play a tentacle or The Watcher in the Water from your draw deck.
There came a soft sound: a swish, followed by a plop, as if a fish had disturbed the still surface of the water. Turning quickly they saw ripples, black-edged with shadow in the waning light: great rings were widening outwards from a point far out in the lake. There was a bubbling noise, and then silence.

FINALLY ALL REVIEWED!!!!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:32 pm
Okay... so after the potentially worst batch of cards I’ve ever made (along with the Last Battle stuff, what can I say, I was on pain meds) I’m going for another. Rejoice!

@Thranduil or whoever asked:

J.R.R. Tolkien wrote:
In the wavering firelight Gandalf seemed suddenly to grow: he rose up, a great menacing shape like the monument of some ancient king of stone set upon a hill. Stooping like a cloud, he lifted a burning branch and strode to meet the wolves. They gave back before him. High in the air he tossed the blazing brand. It flared with a sudden white radiance like lightning; and his voice rolled like thunder.

Wizard’s Brand comes from there.

Anyways... more cards.

2 Secret Ways Long Forgotten Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf (or a Gandalf Wizard and an Elf).
Each time a site is replaced or the next site is played, add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: or Regroup: Remove 2 Gandalf tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary).
’They are wrought of ithildin that mirrors only starlight and moonlight, and sleeps until it is touched by one who speaks words now long forgotten in Middle-earth. It is long since I heard them, and I thought deeply before I could recall them to my mind.’

0 Swish, Bubble, Ripple Moria
Event * Shadow
Spot a Moria minion or Shire companion to add 1.
If the fellowship moves again and this card is in your discard pile, you may remove it from the game to play a Moria minion from your discard pile.
The stone vanished with a soft slap; but at the same instant there was a swish and a bubble. Great rippling rings formed on the surface out beyond where the stone had fallen, and they moved slowly towards the foot of the cliff.

2 Hidden Horrors Moria
Event * Shadow
Take two Moria minions from your draw deck. Your opponent discards one of them at random. Take the other into hand.
`I hate this place, too, and I am afraid. I don’t know of what: not of wolves, or the dark behind the doors, but of something else. I am afraid of the pool. Don’t disturb it! ’

1 Absurdly Simple Gandalf
Event * Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf Wizard to choose one: Take a riddle from your discard pile into hand, or discard a riddle.
`I have it! ’ he cried. ’Of course, of course! Absurdly simple, like most riddles when you see the answer.’ Picking up his staff he stood before the rock and said in a clear voice: ’Mellon!’

Yes, there will be more riddles... especially in the The Hobbit portion of the set.

Okay... so I’ll wait for at least one review, but I’m eager to move on!
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

2 Secret Ways Long Forgotten Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf (or a Gandalf Wizard and an Elf).
Each time a site is replaced or the next site is played, add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: or Regroup: Remove 3 Gandalf tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary).
’They are wrought of ithildin that mirrors only starlight and moonlight, and sleeps until it is touched by one who speaks words now long forgotten in Middle-earth. It is long since I heard them, and I thought deeply before I could recall them to my mind.’
make it 2 tokens...

0 Swish, Bubble, Ripple Moria
Event * Shadow
Spot a Moria minion or Shire companion to add 1.
If the fellowship moves again and this card is in your discard pile, you may remove it from the game to play a Moria minion from your discard pile.
The stone vanished with a soft slap; but at the same instant there was a swish and a bubble. Great rippling rings formed on the surface out beyond where the stone had fallen, and they moved slowly towards the foot of the cliff.
works

2 Hidden Horrors Moria
Event * Shadow
Take two Moria minions from your draw deck. Your opponent, without looking, chooses one and discards it. Take the other into hand.
`I hate this place, too, and I am afraid. I don’t know of what: not of wolves, or the dark behind the doors, but of something else. I am afraid of the pool. Don’t disturb it! ’
Those meds are effecting you that wording is messed up! have it your opponents discard one at random.

2 Absurdly Simple Gandalf
Event * Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf Wizard to choose one: Take a riddle from your discard pile into hand, or discard a riddle.
`I have it! ’ he cried. ’Of course, of course! Absurdly simple, like most riddles when you see the answer.’ Picking up his staff he stood before the rock and said in a clear voice: ’Mellon!’

works but cut cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 pm
5 Seething Tentacles Moria
Minion * Creature
Strength: 10
Vitality: 2
Tentacle. Fierce. Damage +1.
This minion may not bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh.
While you can spot 3 other Tentacles, this minion cannot be assigned to companions with strength 10 or more.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion is strength +3.
The others swung round and saw the waters of the lake seething, as if a host of snakes were swimming up from the southern end.

9 Host of Arms Moria
Minion * Creature
Strength: 20
Vitality: 4
Tentacle.
While you can spot Watcher in the Water, this minion is damage +1.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion is fierce.
Twenty others arms came rippling out. The dark water boiled, and there was a hideous stench.

3 Writhing Tentacles Moria
Minion * Creature
Strength: 8
Tentacle.
For every other 2 tentacles you can spot, this minion is damage +1.
The groping tentacles writhed across the narrow shore and fingered the cliff-wall and the doors.

2 Wriggling Tentacle Moria
Minion * Creature
Strength: 7
Vitality: 1
Tentacle. Damage +1.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion is strength +2 and fierce.
One came wriggling over the threshold, glistening in the starlight.

2 The Way is Shut Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 3 Moria Creatures.
The move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
At the start of each regroup phase, discard 2 tentacles or discard this condition.
Many coiling arms seized the doors on either side, and with horrible strength, swung them round. With a shattering echo they slammed, and all light was lost.

5 Flee From Danger Moria
Event * Regroup
Spot 3 tentacles (or 1 tentacle and Watcher in the Water) to make the Free Peoples player choose to move again this turn (if the move limit allows).
`Into the gateway! Up the stairs! Quick! ’ shouted Gandalf leaping back. Rousing them from the horror that seemed to have rooted all but Sam to the ground where they stood, he drove them forward.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:03 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
While you can spot 3 other Tentacles, this minion cannot be assigned to companions with strength 10 or more.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion is strength +3.
The others swung round and saw the waters of the lake seething, as if a host of snakes were swimming up from the southern end.

Oooh...fun. Tentacles. Small problem. Tentacles are broken with the new watcher.

Anyway, nice card, cut a little from his text. To crowded.

10 Host of Arms Moria
Minion * Creature
Tentacle.
Twenty others arms came rippling out. The dark water boiled, and there was a hideous stench.

No spotting requirements?

Minion * Creature
Tentacle.
The groping tentacles writhed across the narrow shore and fingered the cliff-wall and the doors.

Uh-oh. Tentacles can swarm, then you drop in a HUGE damage guy. And the worst part, HE CAN BEAR A GOBLIN SPEAR!

Minion * Creature
Tentacle. Damage +1.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion is strength +2 and fierce.

Nice. He can also bear a Goblin Spear.

2 The Way is Shut Moria
Condition * Support Area
At the end of each turn, discard a tentacle (or two Moria minions) or discard this condition.
Many coiling arms seized the doors on either side, and with horrible strength, swung them round. With a shattering echo they slammed, and all light was lost.

Whoa...I would have some sorta spotting requirement...

3 Flee From Danger Moria
Event * Regroup
Spot 3 tentacles (or 1 tentacle and Watcher in the Water) to make the Free Peoples player choose to move again this turn (if the move limit allows).
`Into the gateway! Up the stairs! Quick! ’ shouted Gandalf leaping back. Rousing them from the horror that seemed to have rooted all but Sam to the ground where they stood, he drove them forward.

Great synergy with the previous card. Rolling Eyes What exactly are you trying to do here?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:51 pm
I’ll add the usual "No possession/ discard if not at a marsh thing" on those... it just seemed so obvious, I forgot it.

Yeah, I know the last two work against each other, normally tentacles like people to double (mine do, at least) but that lore just merited a move limiting card. Depends on the way you run the deck, I suppose.

And Siege Troop doesn’t have a spotting requirement. Wink
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm
One omre review before I move on? Please?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature

Hmm thats a hell of a minion dude i think its principle is sound but not for a tentacle. 11 Strength for an octopus arm?

10 Host of Arms Moria
Minion * Creature
Tentacle.

Same thing about tentacles being too powerful for what they are. Apart from the stats and keyword, the gametext is sound.

Minion * Creature
Tentacle.

Yeah cool.

Minion * Creature
Tentacle. Damage +1.

Yeah sound again.

2 The Way is Shut Moria
Condition * Support Area
At the end of each turn, discard a tentacle (or two Moria minions) or discard this condition.

Should be 2 tentacles or 3 moria minions. Otherwise too powerful as its not unique. So thinking about it; you could also make it unique!

3 Flee From Danger Moria
Event * Regroup

Up the cost, forced march style cards are way powerful and shouldnt be pulled off easily.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:11 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature

Nice. I would definitely drop the last line of game text though or make him base strength 9 or 10.

elf lvr wrote:
10 Host of Arms Moria
Minion * Creature
Tentacle.

Almost seems underpowered. Maybe make it cost 9.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
Tentacle.

Cool!

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
Tentacle. Damage +1.

Nice strong card.

elf lvr wrote:
2 The Way is Shut Moria
Condition * Support Area

At the moment, it’s not even culturally enforced and it’s extremely powerful. How about:

2 The Way is Shut Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 3 Moria Creatures.
At the start of each regroup phase, discard 2 tentacles or discard this condition.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Flee From Danger Moria
Event * Regroup

Definitely raise the cost to like 5. It’s very strong as it is.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:12 pm
4 *Watcher in the Water, Denizen of Deep Places Moria
Minion * Creature
Damage +1.
While you can spot Watcher in the Water, discard all other minions (except tentacles). This minion cannot bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh.
If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, Watcher in the Water cannot take wounds (except during the archery phase).
Skirmish: Exert Watcher in the Water to make a tentacle damage +1, fierce, or strength +2 until the regroup phase.
’Something has crept, or has been driven out of dark waters under the mountains. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.’

2 No Sign of Trouble Shire
Event * Fellowship
Exert Frodo (or spot Sting or Glamdring) to reveal an opponent’s hand. If no minions were revealed, the move limit for this turn is -1. If you revealed more minions than companions, heal each companion.
No gleam came from the blades of Sting or of Glamdring; and that was some comfort...
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards