LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Depths Run Deeper Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 2 Moria minions.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, you may discard a Moria card from hand to make that site gain underground until the end of the turn.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at an underground site, discard this condition to discard a companion. The Free Peoples player may add 2 threats to prevent this.
There were fissures and chasms in the walls and floor, and every now and then a crack would open right before their feet.

Yowch! Balanced thanks to it being unique, but very powerful.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Unprepared Moria
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Moria Orc to discard a possession (except a hand weapon).
`Rope! ’ muttered Sam. `I knew I’d want it, if I hadn’t got it! ’

Yeah, 1 is probably good.

elf lvr wrote:
4 Caught Between Evils Moria
Event * Regroup
To play, spot a Moria minon. When you play this event, you may discard X Moria minions to make it twilight cost -X.
Make the Free Peoples player choose to move again this turn (if the move limit allows). The Free Peoples player may add 3 burdens to prevent this.
And he was in any case the bearer of the Ring: it hung upon its chain against his breast, and at whiles it seemed a heavy weight. He felt the certainty of evil ahead and of evil following; but he said nothing.

Awesome! Homage

elf lvr wrote:
2 Faint Pursuit Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot a Moria minion.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may put two Moria Orc minion tokens into play with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4 into play.
Yet Frodo began to hear, or to imagine that he heard, something else: like the faint fall of soft bare feet... once it had started it never stopped... But it was not an echo, for when they halted it pattered on for a little all by itself, and then grew still.

You said "into play" twice, but I like it. Perhaps raise the cost a little or make it unique.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Signaling the Host Moria
Event * Shadow
Discard a Moria card from hand to choose one: Play a Moria Orc from your discard pile; or put a Moria Orc minion token with 7 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4 into play.
Then there came out of the depths faint knocks: "tom-tap, tap-tom." They stopped, and when the echoes had died away, they were repeated: "tap-tom, tom-tap, tap-tap, tom".

Good stuff. Maybe it should cost 1, but I’m not sure. Host of Thousands costs 0, but Foul Things costs 2.... Think

Excellent batch of cards! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:13 am
elf lvr wrote:
More fun for Moria... and an interesting new mechanic, thanks to Felipe!

You mean thanks to Magic the Gathering! Cool

elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Depths Run Deeper Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 2 Moria minions.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, you may discard a Moria card from hand to make that site gain underground until the end of the turn.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at an underground site, discard this condition to discard a companion. The Free Peoples player may add 2 threats to prevent this.
There were fissures and chasms in the walls and floor, and every now and then a crack would open right before their feet.

I’d prefer it in the rgroup phase, otherwise it could be an absolute killer.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Unprepared Moria
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Moria Orc to discard a possession (except a hand weapon).
`Rope! ’ muttered Sam. `I knew I’d want it, if I hadn’t got it! ’

Nice, but I think 0 is probably alright given it’s hand clog and you can’t discard the most common subtype of possession.

elf lvr wrote:
4 Caught Between Evils Moria
Event * Regroup
To play, spot a Moria minon. When you play this event, you may discard X Moria minions to make it twilight cost -X.
Make the Free Peoples player choose to move again this turn (if the move limit allows). The Free Peoples player may add 3 burdens to prevent this.
And he was in any case the bearer of the Ring: it hung upon its chain against his breast, and at whiles it seemed a heavy weight. He felt the certainty of evil ahead and of evil following; but he said nothing.

Great!

elf lvr wrote:
2 Faint Pursuit Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot a Moria minion.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may put two Moria Orc minion tokens into play with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4 into play.
Yet Frodo began to hear, or to imagine that he heard, something else: like the faint fall of soft bare feet... once it had started it never stopped... But it was not an echo, for when they halted it pattered on for a little all by itself, and then grew still.

Far too good as a non-unique condition. Either add another cost to creating the tokens, make it unique or bring it down to 1 token (and maybe somewhere it could be conditional to underground and/or battleground sites).

elf lvr wrote:
0 Signaling the Host Moria
Event * Shadow
Discard a Moria card from hand to choose one: Play a Moria Orc from your discard pile; or put a Moria Orc minion token with 7 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4 into play.
Then there came out of the depths faint knocks: "tom-tap, tap-tom." They stopped, and when the echoes had died away, they were repeated: "tap-tom, tom-tap, tap-tap, tom".

I think it’s fine as is.

Nice one, EL.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:48 pm
Hmm... I’m guessing we’d have to add a rule that minion tokens cannot be stacked on other cards, and are removed from play instead of being put in a discard pile. We wouldn’t want discarded tokens being played for free with Host of Thousands, or getting stacked on Goblin Swarms.

Thanks for that thought. GP

Oh, and review my next few DC posts for more GP. Such an account deserves a fitting signature and avatar.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:09 am
Okay... there’s gonna be a ton of DC’s here. Why? It’s 11:00 and I’ve got a few hours to kill. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the Fellowship’s journey through moria, complete with a pathfinding wizard, a singing dwarf, and a few cantankerous goblins.

NOTE: Adding this in. These DC’s might be a little sloppy, since it’s about 12:30 by now. So reviews are appreciated.

2 *Gandalf’s Staff, Will-o-Wisp Gandalf
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site, you may draw a card.
Maneuver: Exert Gandalf twice to play the fellowship’s next site.
They marched on; and they met no danger, and heard nothing, and saw nothing but the faint gleam of the wizard’s light, bobbing like a will-o’-the-wisp in front of them.

1 *Foreboding Cold Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot an underground site on the adventure path.
Response: If the fellowship moves to an underground site, discard this condition and spot a Moria minion to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).
There was a great draught of warmer air behind them, and before them the darkness was cold on their faces. They halted and crowded anxiously together.

2 Blaze of Lightning Gandalf
Event * Fellowship or Maneuver
Spell.
Exert Gandalf (or spot Gandalf bearing a staff) to reveal each shadow player’s hand. Then, you may play the fellowship’s next site.
He raised his staff, and for a brief instant there was blaze like a flash of lightning. Great shadows sprang up and fled, and for a second they saw a vast roof far above their heads upheld by many mighty pillars hewn of stone.

4 *Gandalf, Guide Through Depths Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Fellowship.
While you can spot each of the following cultures (or 3 other fellowship companions), the move limit is +1: Shire,Dwarven,Gondor,Elven.
Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Gandalf twice to play the fellowship’s next site (or once if that site is an underground site).
It was well for the Company that they had such a guide... without any light they would soon have come to grief.

4 *Durin III, the Adventurer Dwarven
Companion * Dwarf
Resistance: 6
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Durin to make the fellowship’s current site gain mountain or underground.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a mountain site, exert Durin (or two Dwarves) to draw a card (limit 2).
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert Durin and add a threat to wound a minion he is skirmishing.
The world was young, the mountains green/No stain yet on the Moon was seen/No words were laid on stream or stone/When Durin woke and walked alone/He named the nameless hills and dells/He drank from yet untasted wells/He stooped and looked in Mirrormere/And saw a crown of stars appear/As gems upon a silver thread/Above the shadow of his head.

2 *In Durin’s Day Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Dwarf, each Blue companion is strength +1.
While you can spot a Dwarf, each Elven companion is strength +1.
While you can spot an Elf, each Dwarven companion is damage +1.
The world was fair, the mountains tall / In Elder Days before the fall / Of mighty kings in Nargothrond / And Gondolin, who now beyond / The Western Seas have passed away / The world was fair in Durin’s Day.

Actually ties in with my Silmaril cards! That’s... amazing. My cards... working... together?!?!? Bizarre.

2 *Carven in Splendor Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Shadow cards may not discard your Dwarven possessions or artifacts.
Each time you play a Dwarven possession or artifact, you may add 2 to draw a card.
A king he was on carven throne / In many-pillared halls of stone / With golden roof and silver floor, / And runes of power upon the door. / The light of sun and star and moon /In shining lamps of crystal hewn / Undimmed by cloud or shade of night / There shone for ever fair and bright.

2 Dwarven War-craft Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship: Add 1 to stack a Dwarven possession from hand here.
Fellowship: If you have not drawn any cards this turn, exert a dwarf to take a Dwarven possession from here into hand and draw a card.
There hammer on the anvil smote, / There chisel clove, and graver wrote; / There forged was blade, and bound was hilt; / The delver mined, the mason built. / There beryl, pearl, and opal pale, / And metal wrought like fishes’ mail, / Buckler and corslet, axe and sword, / And shining spears were laid in hoard.

1 Unwearied Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf to remove a threat (or a burden if your Ring-bearer is a Dwarf).
Unwearied then were Durin’s folk / Beneath the mountains music woke: / The harpers harped, the minstrels sang, / And at the gates the trumpets rang.

1 Till Durin Wakes Again Dwarven (reprint)
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf companion moves from an underground site, you may heal that Dwarf.
The world is grey, the mountains old, / The forge’s fire is ashen-cold / No harp is wrung, no hammer falls: / The darkness dwells in Durin’s halls / The shadow lies upon his tomb / In Moria, in Khazad-dûm. / But still the sunken stars appear / In dark and windless Mirrormere; / There lies his crown in water deep, / Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

New lore, at least.

2 Mithril-Coat, Kingly Gift Shire
Artifact * Armor
Bearer must be Bilbo or Frodo.
Each time you play a Dwarven or Shire tale, you may make the fellowship have initiative until the start of the regroup phase.
Response: If you have initiative and bearer is about to take wound that would kill him, discard 2 cards from hand to prevent that wound.
"`What? ’ cried Gimli, startled out of his silence. `A corslet of Moria-silver? That was a kingly gift! ’"

1 The Signs of War Moria
Event * Response
If the fellowship moves, spot a Moria card to discard a possession (and exert a companion if the fellowship has already moved this turn).
By both the doors they could now see that many bones were lying, and among them were broken swords and axe-heads, and cloven shields and helms. Some of the swords were crooked: orc-scimitars with blackened blades.

5 We Cannot Get Out Moria
Event * Maneuver
If each site on the adventure path is an underground site and you can spot 5 sites on the adventure path, spot 2 Moria minions to place a companion in the dead pile. Otherwise, exert a companion for each underground site you can spot.
`It is grim reading,’ he said. ’I fear their end was cruel.’

2 Called Forth From the Depths Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each Moria minion token is strength +1.
Gandalf had hardly spoken these words, when there came a great noise: a rolling "Boom" that seemed to come from depths far below, and to tremble in the stone at their feet.

4 *Goblin Drummer Moria
Minion * Orc
Strength: 8
Site: 4
Lurker.
Each Moria minion token is fierce.
Maneuver: Exert this minion twice and discard a Moria card from hand to put into play 2 Moria minion tokens with 6 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4.
"Doom, doom" came the drum-beat and the walls shook.

5 *Moria Commander, Overlord of the Host Moria
Minion * Orc
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Captain.
Each Moria minion token is strength +1 and damage +1.
Maneuver: Exert this minion twice to put a Moria minion token into play with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4. Do this again for each companion over 5.
There was a rush of hoarse laughter, like the fall of sliding stones into a pit; amid the clamour a deep voice was raised in command.

0 Tough Hides Moria
Condition
Bearer must be a Troll. Bearer may not take wounds (except during skirmishes) and can only take one wound in each skirmish.
Boromir leaped forward and hewed at the arm with all his might; but his sword rang, glanced aside, and fell from his shaken hand. The blade was notched.

0 Power According to His Stature Shire (errata-ed reprint)
Event * Skirmish
Add a burden to wound each minion skirmishing your Shire Ring-bearer.
Frodo felt a hot wrath blaze up in his heart. `The Shire!’ he cried, and springing beside Boromir, he stooped, and stabbed with Sting at the hideous foot.

Again, new lore, and rephrasing on the ability.

2 *Summoning Horn Moria
Possession * Support Area
Shadow: Exert a unique Moria Orc and remove 1 to put a Moria minion token into play with strength 5, vitality 1, and site number 4.
Shadow: Exert a unique Moria Orc and remove 3 to put a Moria minion token into play with strength 8 vitality 2, and site number 4.
There was a horn-blast and a rush of feet, and orcs one after another leaped into the chamber.

2 *Sam, Fireheart Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
Resistance: 9
Fellowship.
While Sam bears the One Ring, he is resistance -4.
While Sam is skirmishing an Orc, he is strength +2.
Maneuver: Discard 2 Shire cards from hand to exert a minion for each fellowship companion you can spot.
Response: If Frodo dies, make sam the Ring-bearer.
A fire was smouldering in his brown eyes that would have made Ted Sandyman step backwards, if he had seen it.

5 *Orc-Chief, Marshal of Goblins Moria
Minion * Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 2
Captain.
Moria minion tokens have lurker.
Orc-Chief is strength +1 for each minion token you can spot.
When you play Orc-Chief, you may remove 2 to put into play 2 Moria minion tokens with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4.
A huge orc-chieftain, almost man-high, clad in black mail from head to foot, leaped into the chamber; behind him his followers clustered in the doorway.

1 Swift Charge Moria
Event * Archery
Exert a Moria Orc X times to make the fellowship archery total -X and exert a companion X times.
Diving under Aragorn’s blow with the speed of a striking snake he charged into the Company and thrust with his spear straight at Frodo.

1 Thrusting Blow Moria
Event * Skirmish
Make a Moria minion strength +2 and discard a possession (except a hand weapon) borne by a companion it is skirmishing.
With a thrust of his huge hide shield he turned Boromir’s sword and bore him backwards, throwing him to the ground.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 pm; edited 4 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:54 am
Took a lot of those suggestions; they make sense.

Incognito wrote:

Companion * Dwarf
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Durin to make the fellowship’s current site gain mountain, underground, or river.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a mountain site, exert Durin (or two Dwarves) to draw a card (limit 2).
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert Durin to wound a minion he is skirmishing.
The world was young, the mountains green/No stain yet on the Moon was seen/No words were laid on stream or stone/When Durin woke and walked alone/He named the nameless hills and dells/He drank from yet untasted wells/He stooped and looked in Mirrormere/And saw a crown of stars appear/As gems upon a silver thread/Above the shadow of his head.

Ring of Retribution + 4 copies Endurance of Dwarves, not to mention Disquiet of Our People. Somewhat overpowered.

Bah! Dumb dwarven vitality! Added an extra cost of adding a threat on the second abilty, so both have limits of a sort. Better?

Quote:
Actually ties in with my Silmaril cards! That’s... amazing. My cards... working... together?!?!? Bizarre.

Completely.

Thanks.

Quote:

Event * Maneuver
If each site on the adventure path is a mountain and you can spot 5 sites on the adventure path, spot 2 Moria minions to place a companion in the dead pile. Otherwise, exert a companion for each underground site you can spot.

Nice. Why mountain? Wouldn’t underground be better?

This is why I shouldn’t make DC’s past midnight. Razz I’ll make the change.

Quote:

4 *Goblin Drummer Moria
Minion * Orc
Lurker.
Maneuver: Exert this minion and discard a Moria card from hand to put into play 2 Moria minion tokens with 6 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4.

That just sounds wrong. Great mechanic, and great way to use it, but it still sounds wrong.

I know! Any suggestions?

Quote:
0 Tough Hides Moria
Condition
Bearer must be a Troll. Bearer may not take wounds (except during skirmishes) and can only take one wound in each skirmish.
Boromir leaped forward and hewed at the arm with all his might; but his sword rang, glanced aside, and fell from his shaken hand. The blade was notched.

Any troll? Okay, if that’s what you intend.

Yeah, that was intended.

Quote:
0 Power According to His Stature Shire (Basically a reprint)
Event * Skirmish
Frodo felt a hot wrath blaze up in his heart. `The Shire!’ he cried, and springing beside Boromir, he stooped, and stabbed with Sting at the hideous foot.

No messing with the wording on reprints. Unless you’re erattaing the original Power According to his Stature.

Well... eratta-ed, then. They made Second Breakfast only useful with hobbits... they were definately thinking back on PATHS and it’s usefullness in new decks (solo smeagol, anyone?) when making it. So I figured this one could use a change, too.

Quote:
I would award you a gp, but I can’t because of my disclaimer. Instead, I’ll kill you first in my game.

Gee, thanks. Rolling Eyes

Although being dead is certainly something to put in my sig. I am a vampire, after all. I don’t mind multiple stab wounds. They add to my character.

Anyways, GP as promised for the review.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:04 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Well...that just depends on what kind of stab wounds they are. If they happen to be stab wounds made by a slightly pointy wooden stick...especially one seasoned with garlic...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:09 am
elf lvr wrote:

2 *Gandalf’s Staff, Will-o-Wisp Gandalf
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site, you may draw a card.
Maneuver: Exert Gandalf twice to play the fellowship’s next site.
They marched on; and they met no danger, and heard nothing, and saw nothing but the faint gleam of the wizard’s light, bobbing like a will-o’-the-wisp in front of them.

Naff subtitle sorry! Awesome staff though.

1 *Foreboding Cold Moria
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot an underground site on the adventure path.
Response: If the fellowship moves to an underground site, discard this condition to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).
There was a great draught of warmer air behind them, and before them the darkness was cold on their faces. They halted and crowded anxiously together.

Needs cultural support really, this can be splashed into anything. Up cost to 2.

2 Blaze of Lightning Gandalf
Event * Fellowship or Maneuver
Spell.
Exert Gandalf (or spot Gandalf bearing a staff) to reveal each shadow player’s hand. Then, you may play the fellowship’s next site.
He raised his staff, and for a brief instant there was blaze like a flash of lightning. Great shadows sprang up and fled, and for a second they saw a vast roof far above their heads upheld by many mighty pillars hewn of stone.

Sweet Thumbs Up

4 *Gandalf, Guide Through Depths Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Resistance: 8
Fellowship.
While you can spot each of the following cultures (or 3 other fellowship companions), the move limit is +1: Shire,Dwarven,Gondor,Elven.
Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Gandalf twice to play the fellowship’s next site (or once if that site is an underground site).
It was well for the Company that they had such a guide... without any light they would soon have come to grief.

Very nice but needs 7 resistance.

Companion * Dwarf
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Durin to make the fellowship’s current site gain mountain, underground, or river.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert Durin and add a threat to wound a minion he is skirmishing.

Would remove the river bit, pointless and not relevant. Wounding is powerful but adding a threat balances it IMHO. Nice dwarf!

2 *In Durin’s Day Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Dwarf, each Blue companion is strength +1.
While you can spot a Dwarf, each Elven companion is strength +1.
While you can spot an Elf, each Dwarven companion is damage +1.
The world was fair, the mountains tall / In Elder Days before the fall / Of mighty kings in Nargothrond / And Gondolin, who now beyond / The Western Seas have passed away / The world was fair in Durin’s Day.

Way too powerful. Cut the first line and the last. In fact this is just wrong. Get rid of it.

2 *Carven in Splendor Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale. Epic. (This condition may not be discarded).
Shadow cards may not discard your Dwarven possessions or artifacts.
Each time you play a Dwarven possession or artifact, you may add 2 to draw a card.
A king he was on carven throne / In many-pillared halls of stone / With golden roof and silver floor, / And runes of power upon the door. / The light of sun and star and moon /In shining lamps of crystal hewn / Undimmed by cloud or shade of night / There shone for ever fair and bright.

OP. If you cant discard this then the shadow cant discard possessions. Ever. Thats too strong. I like the concept of Epic but here its broken. Remove epic and its a good card.

2 Dwarven War-craft Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship: Add 1 to stack a Dwarven possession from hand here.
Fellowship: If you have not drawn any cards this turn, exert a dwarf to take a Dwarven possession from here into hand and draw a card.
There hammer on the anvil smote, / There chisel clove, and graver wrote; / There forged was blade, and bound was hilt; / The delver mined, the mason built. / There beryl, pearl, and opal pale, / And metal wrought like fishes’ mail, / Buckler and corslet, axe and sword, / And shining spears were laid in hoard.

Fair enough.

1 Unwearied Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf to remove a threat (or a burden if your Ring-bearer is a Dwarf).
Unwearied then were Durin’s folk / Beneath the mountains music woke: / The harpers harped, the minstrels sang, / And at the gates the trumpets rang.

Never give dwarves burden removal. Its just wrong. They cant remove burdens its a cultural weakness. Bad card. Baaaad EL. Naughty.

1 Till Durin Wakes Again Dwarven (reprint)
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf companion moves from an underground site, you may heal that Dwarf.
The world is grey, the mountains old, / The forge’s fire is ashen-cold / No harp is wrung, no hammer falls: / The darkness dwells in Durin’s halls / The shadow lies upon his tomb / In Moria, in Khazad-dûm. / But still the sunken stars appear / In dark and windless Mirrormere; / There lies his crown in water deep, / Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

"Again" lol. How may times is the poor guy gonna be disturbed? he’s dead for pities sake!

2 Mithril-Coat, Kingly Gift Shire
Artifact * Armor
Bearer must be Bilbo or Frodo.
Each time you play a Dwarven or Shire tale, you may make the fellowship have initiative until the start of the regroup phase.
Response: If you have initiative and bearer is about to take wound that would kill him, discard 2 cards from hand to prevent that wound.
"`What? ’ cried Gimli, startled out of his silence. `A corslet of Moria-silver? That was a kingly gift! ’"

Hmm interesting concept. not bad. Although some other mithril coats are more useful.

1 The Signs of War Moria
Event * Response
If the fellowship moves, spot a Moria card to discard a possession (and exert a companion if the fellowship has already moved this turn).
By both the doors they could now see that many bones were lying, and among them were broken swords and axe-heads, and cloven shields and helms. Some of the swords were crooked: orc-scimitars with blackened blades.

Very nice.

Event * Maneuver
If each site on the adventure path is an underground site and you can spot 5 sites on the adventure path, spot 2 Moria minions to place a companion in the dead pile. Otherwise, exert a companion for each underground site you can spot.

Wow powerful as heck but 5 cost balances it. Nice Thumbs Up

2 Called Forth From the Depths Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each Moria minion token is strength +1.
Gandalf had hardly spoken these words, when there came a great noise: a rolling "Boom" that seemed to come from depths far below, and to tremble in the stone at their feet.

Ok.

4 *Goblin Drummer Moria
Minion * Orc
Lurker.
Maneuver: Exert this minion and discard a Moria card from hand to put into play 2 Moria minion tokens with 6 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4.

Think his maneuver ability is too powerful. TWO minion tokens? Gees.

5 *Moria Commander, Overlord of the Host Moria
Minion * Orc
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Captain.
Each Moria minion token is strength +1 and damage +1.
Maneuver: Exert this minion twice to put a Moria minion token into play with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4. Do this again for each companion over 5.
There was a rush of hoarse laughter, like the fall of sliding stones into a pit; amid the clamour a deep voice was raised in command.

Quality!

0 Tough Hides Moria
Condition

Ouch. Think that whilst the vitality is appropriate for the title it is uneccessary as the card is great anyway.

0 Power According to His Stature Shire (errata-ed reprint)
Event * Skirmish

Fair do.

2 *Summoning Horn Moria
Possession * Support Area
Shadow: Exert a unique Moria Orc and remove 1 to put a Moria minion token into play with strength 5, vitality 1, and site number 4.
Shadow: Exert a unique Moria Orc and remove 3 to put a Moria minion token into play with strength 9, vitality 2, and site number 4.
There was a horn-blast and a rush of feet, and orcs one after another leaped into the chamber.

Make the second one 8 strength.

2 *Sam, Fireheart Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
Resistance: 9
Fellowship.
While Sam bears the One Ring, he is resistance -4.
While Sam is skirmishing an Orc, he is strength +2.
Maneuver: Discard a Shire card from hand to exert a minion for each fellowship companion you can spot.
Response: If Frodo dies, make sam the Ring-bearer.
A fire was smouldering in his brown eyes that would have made Ted Sandyman step backwards, if he had seen it.

His maneuver is way too good. Make it 2 or even 3 shire cards.

5 *Orc-Chief, Marshal of Goblins Moria
Minion * Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 2
Captain.
Moria minion tokens have lurker.
Orc-Chief is strength +1 for each minion token you can spot.
When you play Orc-Chief, you may remove 2 to put into play 2 Moria minion tokens with 5 strength, 1 vitality, and site number 4.
A huge orc-chieftain, almost man-high, clad in black mail from head to foot, leaped into the chamber; behind him his followers clustered in the doorway.

Alright.

1 Swift Charge Moria
Event * Archery
Exert a Moria Orc X times to make the fellowship archery total -X and exert a companion X times.
Diving under Aragorn’s blow with the speed of a striking snake he charged into the Company and thrust with his spear straight at Frodo.

Nice up cost to 2 though.

1 Thrusting Blow Moria
Event * Skirmish
Make a Moria minion strength +2 and discard a possession (except a hand weapon) borne by a companion it is skirmishing.
With a thrust of his huge hide shield he turned Boromir’s sword and bore him backwards, throwing him to the ground.

Sweet!

GP for good batch EL.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:49 am
1 A Matchless Foe Moria
Condition
Bearer must be the Balrog.
At the start of each skirmish involving the Balrog, you may exert it to discard a hand weapon or ranged weapon borne by the companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: If the Balrog is skirmishing a companion of strength 13 or more, exert it to make it strength +2.
`Swords are no more use here. Go!’

4 Some Bought Time Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell. Toil 2.
If an opponent plays a minion, exert Gandalf to return that minion to it’s owner’s hand.
Suddenly at the top of the stair there was a stab of white light. Then there was a dull rumble and a heavy thud.

2 Shadow’s Perception Moria
Event * Shadow
Exert the Balrog to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a revealed skirmish event or spell (and, if the fellowship is in region 3, discard a condition from play).
Then something came into the chamber – I felt it through the door, and the orcs themselves were afraid and fell silent. It laid hold of the iron ring, and then it perceived me and my spell.

1 *Counter-spell Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog, you may exert a companion.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays a spell, you may discard this condition and spot another Moria card to cancel that spell and discard it.
"’The counter-spell was terrible. It nearly broke me.’"

2 Shadows and Flame Moria
Event * Maneuver
Exert the Balrog to shuffle your hand into your draw deck and draw 4 cards and replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure path.
Something dark as a cloud was blocking out all the light inside, and I was thrown backwards down the stairs.

3 Bloodred Host Moria
Event * Maneuver
Discard any number of Moria minions to make each Moria minion token strength +2 for each minion discarded in this way.
Beyond the fire he saw swarming black figures: there seemed to be hundreds of orcs. They brandished spears and scimitars which shone red as blood in the firelight.
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:19 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 A Matchless Foe Moria
Condition
At the start of each skirmish involving the Balrog, you may exert it to discard a hand weapon or ranged weapon borne by the companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: If the Balrog is skirmishing a companion of strength 13 or more, exert it to make it strength +2.

Wow that ability is harsh almost guarantees an overwhelming. Think its ok though, pretty smart.

2 Some Bought Time Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell.
If an opponent plays a minion, exert Gandalf to return that minion to it’s owner’s hand.
Suddenly at the top of the stair there was a stab of white light. Then there was a dull rumble and a heavy thud.

Id make it cost 4 with toil 2. But still good.

Event * Shadow
Exert the Balrog to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a revealed skirmish event or spell (and if the fellowship is in region 3, discard a condition).
Then something came into the chamber – I felt it through the door, and the orcs themselves were afraid and fell silent. It laid hold of the iron ring, and then it perceived me and my spell.

Good but need clarity on where you are discarding the condition from. Hand or from play?

1 Counter-spell Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog, you may exert a companion.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays a spell, you may discard this condition and spot another Moria card to cancel that spell and discard it.

NEEDS unique or its broken. As it is its pretty damn hard. Id restrict it to cards that exert it or if its spot additionally exert the balrog to exert a companion.

Event * Maneuver
Exert the Balrog to shuffle your hand into your draw deck and draw 4 cards and replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure path.
Something dark as a cloud was blocking out all the light inside, and I was thrown backwards down the stairs.

Wow pretty good.

3 Bloodred Host Moria
Event * Maneuver
Discard any number of Moria minions (besides tokens) to make each Moria minion token strength +2 for each minion discarded in this way.
Beyond the fire he saw swarming black figures: there seemed to be hundreds of orcs. They brandished spears and scimitars which shone red as blood in the firelight.

Erm pretty cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 A Matchless Foe Moria
Condition

As long as you don’t have an enduring Balrog, this is perfectly fair! I’d probably make it unique, though.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Some Bought Time Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell.

Yeah, I agree with Lem0n.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Shadow
Exert the Balrog to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a revealed skirmish event or spell (and if the fellowship is in region 3, discard a condition).

Weird title. A condition from hand? You should make that last bit clearer, like putting it into a different sentence.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Counter-spell Moria
Condition * Support Area

You don’t need the discarding bit at the end of the response, events are always discarded once played. As for the first ability, it firstly NEEDS to be unique, and secondly is a little ambiguous. I suggest this wording: ’Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog as part of the cost of that card...’ and I also might let the FP player choose the exertion or bring the cost up to 2.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

Funny. As it exerts the Balrog, this could easily cost 1.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Bloodred Host Moria
Event * Maneuver
Discard any number of Moria minions (besides tokens) to make each Moria minion token strength +2 for each minion discarded in this way.

For such a massive event, there’s no reason to exclude tokens from its ability in my opinion.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards