LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:48 am
Dealing with Iluvatar, I would consider changing its title to ’Hand of Iluvatar’ or ’Faith In Iluvatar’ or something else, so that we don’t feel cheated at having a god without god-like powers! (though the prevention of follower discard feels entirely ’right’ for the god of Arda)
Just a thought, I’ll look at your other cards when I have time.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
gil-estel
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:34 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Thranduil wrote:
Just a quick comment (the cards are balanced enough, I feel), why are your Valar companions Ainur? Sauron is a Maia, Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast are Wizards, the Balrog is a Balrog. I would make the Valar ’Valar’ race, then you could make a distinction between ’Valar’ and ’Maia’.

Thranduil

It depends where you are... Wink Cause Gandalf was a Maia as well... Twisted Evil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
5 *Orome, Lord of Forests White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 8
Hunter 2. Spirit.
Each time Orome wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
Maneuver: Exert Orome to play a follower and draw a card.
He is a hunter of monsters and fell beasts, and he delights in horses and in hounds; and all trees he loves...
make it a W follower

3 *Yavanna, Queen of the Earth White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Spirit.
Each time the fellowship moves to a forest site, you may heal Yavanna (limit once per region).
Response: If a Valar wins a skirmish, exert Yavanna to remove a burden.
Some there are who have seen her standing like a tree under heaven, crowned with the Sun; and from all its branches there spilled a golden dew upon the barren earth...
nice

5 *Varda, Lady of the Stars White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 11
Spirit.
To play, spot 2 White companions.
When you play Varda, you may remove 2 burdens.
Skirmish: If Varda bears a follower, exert her to make another White companion strength +2.
Too great is her beauty to be declared in the words of Men or of Elves; for the light of Ilúvatar lives still in her...
OK lets see here...make her cost 1 more

6 *Aule, Lord of Earth White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 13
Spirit.
To play, spot a White companion.
When you play Aule, you may play a White artifact from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Exert Aule to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing opponent’s site if necessary).
His are the gems that lie deep in the Earth and the gold that is fair in the hand, no less than the walls of the mountains and the basins of the sea.
sure

7 *Tulkas, The Valiant White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 15
Spirit.
If you can spot a White companion, you may play Tulkas any time you could play a skirmish event.
When you play Tulkas, you may discard a minion.
If the fellowship has not moved more than once this turn, at the start of the maneuver phase, you may make Tulkas strength +5. If you do, discard him at the start of the regroup phase.
He has little heed for either the past or the future, and is of no avail as a counsellor, but is a hardy friend.
sweet!

8 *Ulmo, Lord of Waters White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 15
Spirit.
To play, spot 2 White companions.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river site, you may heal Ulmo (limit once per region).
Skirmish: If Ulmo is not assigned to skirmish, discard him to heal each other White companion.
He dwells nowhere long, but moves as he will in all the deep waters about the Earth or under the Earth.
nice

10 *Manwe, First of All Kings White
Companion * Valar
Strength: 16
Vitality: 5
Spirit.
To play, spot 3 Valar.
Each other White companion is strength +1.
Skirmish: If Manwe is not assigned to skirmish, exert him and add a threat to have him replace an unbound companion in a skirmish.
He was appointed to be, in the fullness of time, the first of all Kings: lord of the realm of Arda and ruler of all that dwell therein.

What do you think? I can already tell I’ll have to make quite a few changes.

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:45 pm
I might do the cost raising bit.

And most of the Valar have follower versions, just wait!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm
Okay, I just had to make this now. Lore will come later.

3 *Feanor, Bearer of Oaths Blue
Companion * Elf
Resistance: Ring 7
Oath-bearer. (Shadow and fellowship cards may treat this card as the Ring-bearer).
You may begin the game with The Silmarils in play.
At the start of each skirmish involving Faenor, you must add 2 burdens or 2 threats.
Regroup: Exert Faenor to play an artifact from your hand or discard pile.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon May 28, 2007 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
3 *Faenor, Bearer of Oaths Blue
Companion * Elf
Resistance: 7
Oath-bearer. (Shadow and fellowship cards may treat this card as the Ring-bearer).
You may begin the game with The Simarils in play.
At the start of each skirmish inolving Faenor, you must add 2 burdens or 2 threats.

So, you can have Faenor AND another Ring-bearer in play, or this IS the Ring-bearer? A little confused. Think The rest looks good, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:00 pm
I’ll give him ringed resistance, just to show that he IS the ring-berer. Although he really is just an ARB.

Although he can’t bear the One Ring, since the One Ring (I think) is neither a fellowship nor shadow card, so IT can’t spot him as the Ring-bearer. Clever, huh?

I also think that if you used him as another companion, you COULDNT use his ability to start the game with the Simarils in play, since starting companions are put in play after the game begins, while the Ring-bearer starts the game in play, right?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:02 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
I’ll give him ringed resistance, just to show that he IS the ring-berer. Although he really is just an ARB.

Although he can’t bear the One Ring, since the One Ring (I think) is neither a fellowship nor shadow card, so IT can’t spot him as the Ring-bearer. Clever, huh?

Yeah, makes sense. (Well enough, at least. Razz) The ringed resistance helps make it clearer. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 pm
elf lvr wrote:

I also think that if you used him as another companion, you COULDNT use his ability to start the game with the Simarils in play, since starting companions are put in play after the game begins, while the Ring-bearer starts the game in play, right?

Interesting thought. A little weird, but definitely interesting.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Okay, I just had to make this now. Lore will come later.

3 *Faenor, Bearer of Oaths Blue
Companion * Elf
Resistance: Ring 7
You may begin the game with The Simarils in play.
At the start of each skirmish inolving Faenor, you must add 2 burdens or 2 threats.

isn’t it fEanor not fAenor? misspelled involving.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards