LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Not Beren and Luthien, but other DC’s I made in spare time...

5 *Spies of Melkor Black
Minion * Maia
Strength: 11
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
Damage +1.
When you play Spies of Melkor, if you cannot spot a burden, add a burden.
When you play Spies of Melkor, if you cannot spot a threat, add a threat.
And Melkor knew of an that was done, for even then he had secret friends and spies among the Maiar whom he had converted to his cause.

4 Traitorous Spirits Black
Minion * Maia
Strength: 10
Vitality: 1
Damage +1.
While you can spot a burden or a threat, this minion is fierce.
Therefore he gathered to himself spirits out of the halls of Eä that he had perverted to his service, and he deemed himself strong.

2 Corrupting the Lands Black
Condition * Support Area
Each site loses all keywords and gains marsh.
Skirmish: Exert your Black minion to make it strength +1.
Green things fell sick and rotted, and rivers were choked with weeds and slime, and fens were made, rank and poisonous, the breeding place of flies; and forests grew dark and perilous, the haunts of fear.

4 Bloodthirsty Beasts Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 15
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
This minion is strength -1 for each companion you can spot.
While you can spot 2 threats, this minion is fierce.
While you can spot 3 threats, this minion is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 threats, the first sentence of this minion’s game text does not apply.
Beasts became monsters of horn and ivory and dyed the earth with blood.

3 Taniquetil [site]
Mountain.
Each time you play a White companion or White follower, you may draw a card.
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:18 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:30 am
elf lvr wrote:

5 *Spies of Melkor Black
Minion * Maia
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, if you cannot spot a burden, add a burden and if you cannot spot a threat, add a threat.
And Melkor knew of an that was done, for even then he had secret friends and spies among the Maiar whom he had converted to his cause.

Arent maia’s more powerful than these? Anyway. Odd but alright.

Minion * Maia
Damage +1.
Therefore he gathered to himself spirits out of the halls of Eä that he had perverted to his service, and he deemed himself strong.

Hmm ok.

Condition * Support Area
Green things fell sick and rotted, and rivers were choked with weeds and slime, and fens were made, rank and poisonous, the breeding place of flies; and forests grew dark and perilous, the haunts of fear.

Fine. Though why you’d want to do this i dont know.

Minion * Creature
While you can spot 4 threats, the first sentence of this minion’s game text does not apply.

Great last line makes it really interesting but OP as hell. Really cool card.

3 Taniquetil [site]
Mountain.
Each time you play a White companion or follower, you may draw a card.

Erm ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
5 *Spies of Melkor Black
Minion * Maia
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, if you cannot spot a burden, add a burden and if you cannot spot a threat, add a threat.

The wording is clumsy. I’d just split it up, like this:

When you play Spies of Melkor, if you cannot spot a burden, add a burden.
When you play Spies of Melkor, if you cannot spot a threat, add a threat.

Note I also changed "this minion" to the title, since it’s unique. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Maia
Damage +1.

Fine by me.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Agreed with lem0n. The second part is cool, but I don’t understand the first part. If anything, I would think you would want to do battlegrounds instead. What does Black gain by being at marshes?

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
While you can spot 4 threats, the first sentence of this minion’s game text does not apply.

AWESOME solo RB deterant. I think I’d do 5 threats for that last bit.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Taniquetil [site]
Mountain.

Just for clarity, perhaps add another White before "follower".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:50 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

5 *Spies of Melkor Black
Minion * Maia
Damage +1.
nice

Minion * Maia
Damage +1.
sure

Condition * Support Area
cool! could cut cost to 1 sch maybe

Minion * Creature
make it cost 5

3 Taniquetil [site]
Mountain.

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:59 pm
2 Breaking the Bonds Blue
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot a Blue Elf to discard a shadow condition or reinforce a Free Peoples culture token.
Then Lúthien stood upon the bridge, and declare her power: and the spell was loosed that bound stone to stone, and the gates were thrown down, and the walls opened, and the pits laid bare.

3 Shared In His Doom Blue
Condition * Support Area
Luthien may be considered a Gondor companion in addition to other cultures and Beren may be considered a Blue companion in addition to other cultures.
Regroup: Discard this condition to reinforce a Gondor, an Elven, and a Blue token.
’You must choose, Beren, between these two: to relinquish the quest and your oath and seek a life of wandering upon the face of the earth; or to hold to your word and challenge the power of darkness upon its throne. But on either road I shall go with you, and our doom shall be alike.’
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:05 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot a Blue Elf to discard a shadow condition or reinforce a Blue token.
Then Lúthien stood upon the bridge, and declare her power: and the spell was loosed that bound stone to stone, and the gates were thrown down, and the walls opened, and the pits laid bare.

Cool.

Condition * Support Area
Luthien may be considered a Gondor companion in addition to other cultures and Beren may be considered a Blue companion in addition to other cultures.
Regroup: Discard this condition to reinforce a Gondor, an Elven, and a Blue token.
’You must choose, Beren, between these two: to relinquish the quest and your oath and seek a life of wandering upon the face of the earth; or to hold to your word and challenge the power of darkness upon its throne. But on either road I shall go with you, and our doom shall be alike.’

Hmm not sure i like the principle of crossing and keeping cultures but the theory behind it is class!

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:56 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
nice! maybe cut cost to 1. that lore is awesome!!!!!!!!

Condition * Support Area

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:00 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Spell.

Reinforcing a token is not as good as discarding a condition. Make it 2 tokens or any FP token.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

ROCKING! Good job and crazy card!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:11 pm
2 The Leap of Beren Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Tale.
Exert a Gondor Man (or spot Beren) to exert a minion (or exhaust that minion if it is mounted). Then, you may discard a mount.
Beren sprang from before Celegorm full upon the speeding horse of Curufin that had passed him. He took Curufin by the throat from behind, and hurled him backward, and they fell to the ground.

1 *Noldorin Hunting Knife Blue
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be Beren or Curufin. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Exert bearer (or discard this possession) to discard a possession borne by a minon he is skirmishing.
Iron it would cleave as if it were green wood.

2 Arts of Healing Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and add a threat (or exert an Elf) to heal 2 other companions.
By her arts and by her love she healed him; and thus at last they returned to Doriath.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:06 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 The Leap of Beren Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Tale.
Exert a Gondor man (or spot Beren) to exhaust a mounted minion. Then, you may discard a mount.
Beren sprang from before Celegorm full upon the speeding horse of Curufin that had passed him. He took Curufin by the throat from behind, and hurled him backward, and they fell to the ground.

Nice but how many mounts are there that are gonna be used? Its hell of a risk to put this in your deck hoping you face a warg deck. Either: add an alternative so its more versatile/ make it a condition with tweaks/ make it a generic pump and then add brackets that do stuff against mounted minions.

1 *Noldorin Hunting Knife Blue
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be Beren or Curufin. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Exert bearer (or discard this possession) to discard a possession borne by a minon he is skirmishing.
Iron it would cleave as if it were green wood.

Sweet.

2 Arts of Healing Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and add a threat (or exert an Elf) to heal 2 other companions.
By her arts and by her love she healed him; and thus at last they returned to Doriath.

Wicked sweet!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards