LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Hunting of the Wolf Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time an Elven companion (or Beren) wins a skirmish, add an Elven token here.
Each time a minion exerts or takes a wound (except from this card), you may remove an Elven token from here to wound that minion.
Of all pursuits of beasts whereof tales tell the most perilous.
maybe limit 2 per phase...

2 Falls of Esgalduin [Site]
River.
Each Elf and Werewolf at this site gains hunter 1.
cool

0 Cunning Retreat Black
Event * Response
If a werewolf is about to lose a skirmish, cancel that skirmish. Then, you may remove a threat to return that werewolf to your hand.
It may be that the devil’s cunning of his heart awoke, being for a moment eased of his pain by the sweet waters of Esgalduin; and even as they rode towards him he slunk aside into a deep brake, and there lay hid.
works for me

2 Felling Strike Black
Event * Skirmish
Discard a hand weapon borne by a companion skirmishing a Werewolf. Then, if that Werewolf has less strength that that companion, exert that companion.
Swiftly Beren strode before him with a spear, but Carcharoth swept it aside and felled him, biting at his breast.
cool!

2 Battle of Wolf and Hound Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: Exert a companion bearing a follower twice and discard that follower to discard a minion. The shadow player may remove 2 to prevent this.
In that moment Huan leaped from the thicket upon the back of the Wolf, and they fell together fighting bitterly; and no battle of wolf and hound has been like to it.
to easy to prevent for so much work. make it discard a follow, and slap on a limit

3 The Honor of Huan Elven
Event * Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +4 and damage +1. Discard that follower at the end of the skirmish.
For in the baying of Huan was heard the voice of the horns of Oromë and the wrath of the Valar.
maybe or return it to your support area. if you don’t change that, bring the cost down 1-2

3 The Wrath of Carcharoth Black
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Werewolf to reduce the strength of a companion bearing a follower to his or her printed strength.
In the howls of Carcharoth was the hate of Morgoth and malice crueller than teeth of steel.
nice

0 *The Fate of Huan Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 3 Elves (or Beren and Luthien).
Response: If your follower is discarded from play, heal each companion (or heal each companion twice if that follower was Huan). Discard this condition.
There in the woven woods of Doriath his own doom long spoken was fulfilled, and he was wounded mortally, and the venom of Morgoth entered into him. Then he came, and falling beside Beren spoke for the third time with words; and he bade Beren farewell before he died.

cool! lots of cards this time...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:06 am
elf lvr wrote:

Youre doing it again with the crazy number of cards you nutter.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time an Elven companion (or Beren) wins a skirmish, add an Elven token here.
Each time a minion exerts or takes a wound (except from this card), you may remove an Elven token from here to wound that minion.

Id limit the exerting to free peoples exerting minions otherwise i think its too unfair on the shadow.

River.

Cool.

0 Cunning Retreat Black
Event * Response
If a werewolf is about to lose a skirmish, cancel that skirmish. Then, you may remove a threat to return that werewolf to your hand.
It may be that the devil’s cunning of his heart awoke, being for a moment eased of his pain by the sweet waters of Esgalduin; and even as they rode towards him he slunk aside into a deep brake, and there lay hid.

Interesting, balanced i think.

2 Felling Strike Black
Event * Skirmish
Discard a hand weapon borne by a companion skirmishing a Werewolf. Then, if that Werewolf has less strength that that companion, exert that companion.
Swiftly Beren strode before him with a spear, but Carcharoth swept it aside and felled him, biting at his breast.

Id at least make the minion exert for this its way strong.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: Exert a companion bearing a follower twice and discard that follower to discard a minion. The shadow player may remove 2 to prevent this.
In that moment Huan leaped from the thicket upon the back of the Wolf, and they fell together fighting bitterly; and no battle of wolf and hound has been like to it.

Hmmm ouchy cost and effect but seeing as its a condition probably ok.

Event * Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +4 and damage +1. Discard that follower at the end of the skirmish.
For in the baying of Huan was heard the voice of the horns of Oromë and the wrath of the Valar.

Yeah sweet.

Event * Skirmish
Spot a Werewolf to reduce the strength of a companion bearing a follower to his or her printed strength.
In the howls of Carcharoth was the hate of Morgoth and malice crueller than teeth of steel.

Woofty nice.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Response: If your follower is discarded from play, heal each companion (or heal each companion twice if that follower was Huan). Discard this condition.
There in the woven woods of Doriath his own doom long spoken was fulfilled, and he was wounded mortally, and the venom of Morgoth entered into him. Then he came, and falling beside Beren spoke for the third time with words; and he bade Beren farewell before he died.

Yeah sound.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:10 am
I have to say that I agree with lem0n. I would have reviewed these cards yesterday but I just didn’t have enough time!

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Rather than the brackets (which I really don’t like), why not make it exert and reduce the cost?

elf lvr wrote:
River.

Can’t really complain. Except that ’river’ should be bolded.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Cunning Retreat Black
Event * Response

I can’t imagine any situation where it’s preferable to return a minion to your hand than simply cancel the skirmish, unless the fellowship can’t move on and it’s a fierce skirmish. Interesting though.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Felling Strike Black
Event * Skirmish

I like it, and I think it’s fine as it costs 2.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Perhaps exert only once and/or bring the cost to 1 - otherwise it’s too easy to prevent.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

I agree with SoP. This could be 2 easily and it would be cool to keep the follower.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Weird. Perhaps a better wording is ’to make a companion bearing a follower lose all strength bonuses from cards they bear’?

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Ah, now I get the follower discard more. Perhaps more cards like this and the cards above will be a lot more useful. And of course follower recursion.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 pm
1 The Light of the Silmaril Elven
Event * Maneuver or Regroup
Spot an Elf to remove each Shadow and Burn token from the adventure path. Then, if you can spot an Elven artifact, draw 2 cards.
The Silmaril lay there unveiled, and the light of it filled the shadows of the forest all about him.

3 *Beyond This World Elven
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Beren and Luthien.
Each time a companion is placed in the dead pile, add an Elven token here.
Fellowship or Regroup: Remove 2 Elven tokens from here to heal 2 companions or draw 3 cards.
That whatever grief might lie in wait, the fates of Beren and Lúthien might be joined, and their paths lead together beyond the confines of the world.

That’s the last of Beren and Luthien... now I think I’ll just be working through the silmarillion by chapter, like with The Last Battle and ROTK. Might start the The Hobbit section of RotR soon, though, so I still have a few different DC threads going.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:37 am; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
2 The Light of the Silmaril Elven
Remove each Shadow and Burn token from the adventure path. Then, if you can spot an Elven artifact, draw 2 cards.
The Silmaril lay there unveiled, and the light of it filled the shadows of the forest all about him.
nice! cut cost by 1 though

Condition * Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup: Remove an Elven token from here to heal 2 companions or draw 3 cards.
That whatever grief might lie in wait, the fates of Beren and Lúthien might be joined, and their paths lead together beyond the confines of the world.

nice! you could cut cost a bit though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:54 pm
elf lvr wrote:
2 The Light of the Silmaril Elven
Remove each Shadow and Burn token from the adventure path. Then, if you can spot an Elven artifact, draw 2 cards.

Interesting. I think 1 is fine.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup: Remove an Elven token from here to heal 2 companions or draw 3 cards.

Very very nice!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 am
elf lvr wrote:

1 The Light of the Silmaril Elven

Seems a bit powerful for the cost. Also it is not enforced. Any culture can play this.

Condition * Support Area

Seems a powerful ability. Taking advantage of people dying always rankles with me. Why should u get a bonus for the hard work of the shadow to kill some1? Id make it 2 tokens or its not a sporting card.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:11 am
Lem0n has a good point on the enforcement of The Light of the Silmaril, and in fact I think I might agree with him on the 2 token thing, especially given that it can be reinforced.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:17 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Lem0n has a good point on the enforcement of The Light of the Silmaril, and in fact I think I might agree with him on the 2 token thing, especially given that it can be reinforced.

Seconded, for both cards.

Reviewing is easy when everything’s already been said! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards