LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:23 pm
--- description ---
Smeagol/Gollum deck synergy to use the shadow to wound to death and recover your Free Peoples skirmish pumps that Smeagol finds so dear.
--- end description ---

Free Peoples

Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles
Faramir, Son of Denethor
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence

Fishing Boat

Clever Hobbits x 3
Nasty x 4
Not Listening x 3
Naked Waste x 3

There’s Another Way x 4
Follow Smeagol x 2
Poor Wretch x 4
Gladden Homestead x 2
Safe Passage x 2
Nice Fish x 4

Well...massive token reinforcement and Fishing Boat abuse. Control the Site-Path, choke like crazy, and beat everything up. With a well-played Gladden Homestead and some wins with 4x Nice Fish, Out of All Knowledge reinforces well and Fishing boat at least keeps smeagol alive. Then Nasty makes him explode. About to be overwhelmed? Burn tokens as necessary and then slap down a Nasty. Clever Hobbits allows you to burn conditions for a good use, but don’t worry, the Shadow side provides some recursion.

Gollum, Nasty Treacherous Creature
Gollum, Vile Creature x 2
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Shelob, Her Ladyship x 3
Shelob, Eater of Light

Web

Fat One Wants It x 2
Hidden Even From Her x 2
Promise Keeping x 3
Incited x 2
Not This Time x 2
Deceit x 3

Little Snuffler x 3
Captured By The Ring x 4
You’re A Liar and a Thief x 4

Use Deceit to protect your conditions. Thus Incited will be used only for recursion of events, primarily Free Peoples.

Little Snuffler wounds or exerts in region 1 and 2. By region 3, you shouldn’t need to use it, but you can. You should have enough recursion on Captured by The Ring that you won’t need to use it.

Anyway, add tons of threats, and then use those threats to wound like crazy. Threats kick in for more wounds, add more threats, wound more, and basically wound them to death.

Any comments?
Last edited by NBarden on Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 pm; edited 5 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anautikus
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:30 pm
maybe x1 - 2 shelob, eater of light
get out web quicker and wen u stack gollum and shebob, EoL can be big

not really solo smeagol is it? Razz
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:29 pm
Not really, but I know a lot of people who run Faramir in a Solo Deck. And there’s no reason not to in expanded. Pathfinder controls the sitepath just as well as still far ahead, only cheaper.

And Pippin, HoSI is only to cut down the deck size and let you bid a burden.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:36 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
And Pippin, HoSI is only to cut down the deck size and let you bid a burden.

That alone is brilliant and merits a GP.

I’ll give this a more in-depth look soon, but I don’t see anything right off the bat that I’d recommend changing.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 pm
Not really my idea, but thanks. This trick has been used for forever, and to avoid cards that key off of the dead pile, you can always use Falls of Rauros (if you must, not really worth adding 3).
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:44 pm
Someone slap me in the face.

I’m adding there’s another way.
alehaak
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 am
i think you can cut all Naked Waste and a copy of fishing boat to add 3 not listening ...

you bring don’t look at them with dammed gate stream? if not cut a copy of the card you bring to put another not listening... this card helped my a lot of times! and you can use one good turn deserves another without fear ! :p

and in shadow side

shelob EoL never helped me in my ng deck... im using her becuz i dun have 3x shelob, her ladyship...

you can use 4 different golluns like
Gollum Mad thing (your opponent will always think 2 times before make him str +3)
Gollum skulker (Works fine with mad thing... your opponent can put burdens to prevent MT to be strong and make skulker strong Razz)
Gollum, old villan (with a dark shape sprang is a really cool combo!I won a LOT of games this way =p)
Gollum, Hopeless... (Really strong with alternative ring bearers like Gimli and Isildur)

cut little snuffler and a couple of YaLaaT (you can bring them with incited... they clog your hand!)
add
2x so polite or we must have it
2x they stole it
and another web

cut one gollum and add a dark shape sprang

and use 4x her ladyship...

I love this deck Razz
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
TheJord
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:49 pm
I believe you thought of Gollum, Stinker not Gollum, Skulker.

Old Villain is good for a cheap auto RB kill but only if they bring RB possessions. And you happen to pull it at the time they choose to play it.

I do agree with They Stole It.

If you had more resistance beatdown, Frenzied Attack. It kills with Promise Keeping.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Foresight
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm
I’d honestly take out Little Snuffler and put in 3 copies of Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening to "threaten" those rainbow fellowships. Smile
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:19 pm
Thanks for the tips!

I’ll take a look at the prices before adding them, because I’m trying to make this deck as cheap as you can possibly make a decent NG deck.

Fishing Boat is crucial to the deck, and Naked Waste can pump Faramir as well as Gollum. I think I’ll cut Out of All Knowledge, though.

I think I’ll use Dammed Gate-Stream to pull Fishing Boat. Forgot about that site. But grabbing the fishing boat is CRUCIAL to the deck working. Why do you think I have 4 Nice Fish? And Gladden Homestead is worth more than just getting rid of conditions. I can send someone’s support area to the top of their deck if I need to, once it gets set up.

How tough can I get Smeagol with Nasty, I wonder...

EDIT: +17. And then he’s a base 11 vitality 5 resistance 9. Decent for a solo-RB. and then with all the ways to pump him up....

I’m looking for more strength-adding conditions to replace my Clever Hobbits with. Its a rather steep price and I only want 2.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded