LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Should FM go through with making his own DC sets?

Yes, it should be fun!  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Yes, it'll be awesome!  
60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

No, he really doesn't know his business  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Nah, FM's DCs stink!  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Total Votes : 10
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:04 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, since as from now I no longer write articles for Cobra Cards, I need a new past time. For starters, believe or not, I WILL finish the UDC! Twisted Evil I’m finishing the semester next Wednesday, so stay tuned for the end of this week. Then, I’ve decided to make my own DCs, as well, since I was actually nominated for best designer of new mechanics, so I’m gonna start DC’ing with a REALLY bold project: Dwarven Rage! That’s what my first set will be named, and it’ll consist SOLELY of the Dwarven and Moria culture! You’ll see Dwarves and Orcs as you’ve never seen before, with new abilities, new strategies, new cards, new everything! So, as for now, this is merely a tease, but here’s one of the mechanics of my new set (it was submited for an old project but was never used), for the Moria culture:

Reinforcements X (When you play this minion, you may reveal the top X cards of your draw deck. Put all shadow cards revealed this way into your hand, and put the rest in the discard pile).

Teased yet? Not really? Well, then, here’s another one!

Banding (At the beginning of the assignment phase, you may exert any number of minions with banding and consider them as one single minion. Treat it the same way you would treat multiple minions skirmishing a companion).

Ok, here’s the last keyword that’ll appear on the set’s shadow side!

Gathering X (If you reveal any minions during the Shadow phase, you may exert a minion with Gathering to play that minion. It is twilight cost -X)
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:56 am; edited 4 times in totalI don't like YOU.
menace64
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Banding could use a little tightening up on the helper text, but I REALLY like the concept. I always had issues with the relative scale of Moria orcs in the game (max 10 or 12 a site, when in the movie there were hundreds).

Give me a minute to thik of how to shorten up the text on Banding.

EDIT:

How about
Banding (When the Free Peoples player assigns a banding minion to a skirmish, assign any number of other banding minions to the same skirmish. Each time a banding minion takes a wound, wound all other banding minions.)

Dangit. It’s just as long!
Last edited by menace64 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Reinforcements is cool FM but dont like banding at all sorry.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:20 pm
The texts WILL be tightned up, don’t worry. Also, I intend to make a Comprehensive Rulebook of sorts, so these are just explanations, the cards themselves won’t have reminder text. I’ll clean the ability up when I start working harder on it.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Oh, and @lem0nhead: Well, it’s not easy to please both greeks and trojans, right? No one likes all the abilities in a given set, like no one likes all the cultures and strategies the same! But believe me, you WILL fall in love with banding once you grasp the concept of it being put to use!
I don't like YOU.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Yup fair enough FM i hear you, thats why i havent voted yet, as the option is missing i want:

"I dont mind, i’ll see what it looks like if it happens! Then decide."

You need a maybe option!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 pm
But how the heck will a maybe option help decide wether to make it or not?!? Laughing
I don't like YOU.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The more DC sets, the better, says I. Anything to keep you around. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sounds cool.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:16 pm
I say make it first, and if we don’t like you’re cards, you’ll certainly find out soon enough!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards