LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:59 am
Here’s some DCs from your favorite individual with Foresight!

2 •Gimli, Scorekeeper Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.
Each time Gimli kills a minion in a skirmish, you may stack that minion on Gimli.
Skirmish: Discard a minion stacked on Gimli to make him strength +1.

8 •Elendil, With •Narsil Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 11
Vitality: 5
Damage +1. Elendil is considered to be bearing a hand weapon. To play, spot 3 Gondor knights or exert 3 Gondor companions.
Each time Elendil wins a skirmish, you may exert him to discard a shadow possession.

7 •Aragorn, With •Anduril Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 10
Resistance: 8
Damage +1. Aragorn is considered to be bearing a hand weapon.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Gondor token.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may add 2 and remove a Gondor token to heal a Gondor companion.

6 •Gandalf, With •Gandalf’s Staff Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Muster. Gandalf is considered to be bearing a staff.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, choose a shadow player who must wound one of his or her minions.
While Gandalf is in region three, he is strength +2.

4 •Eomer, With •Eomer’s Spear Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 9
Eomer is considered to be bearing a hand weapon. Eomer cannot be in your starting fellowship.
While Eomer is unwounded, he is resistance +2 and damage +1.
Fellowship: Once per game, add 1 to play a Rohan mount on Eomer from your draw deck.

---

More to come soon!
Changes: Made the weapon part in their text unique so no other copies of them can be in play.
Last edited by Foresight on Fri May 11, 2007 5:59 am; edited 2 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:09 am
Foresight wrote:
Here’s some DCs from your favorite individual with Foresight!

2 •Gimli, Scorekeeper Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Damage +1.
Each time Gimli kills a minion in a skirmish, you may stack that minion on Gimli.
Skirmish: Discard a minion stacked on Gimli to make him strength +1.

Ok thats just cool GP for that!

8 •Elendil, With Narsil Gondor
Companion • Man
Damage +1. Elendil is considered to be bearing a hand weapon. To play, spot 3 Gondor knights or exert 3 Gondor companions.
Each time Elendil wins a skirmish, you may exert him to discard a shadow possession.

Cool but i think 7 would be appropriate.

7 •Aragorn, With Anduril Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 10
Resistance: 8
Damage +1. Aragorn is considered to be bearing a hand weapon.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Gondor token.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may add 2 and remove a Gondor token to heal a Gondor companion.

Excellent card

6 •Gandalf, With Staff Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Muster. Gandalf is considered to be bearing a staff.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, choose a shadow player who must wound one of his or her minions.
While Gandalf is in region three, he is strength +2.

This is sound

4 •Eomer, With Spear Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 9
Eomer is considered to be bearing a hand weapon. Eomer cannot be in your starting fellowship.
While Eomer is unwounded, he is resistance +2 and damage +1.
Fellowship: Once per game, add 1 to play a Rohan mount on Eomer from your draw deck.

Excellent.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:51 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make it bearer of narsil/anduril for elendil and aragorn. the other subtitles just sound plain cheesy. but cool cards
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:53 am
Cool. Gimli is just too funny, and nice idea with stacking on him.

The ’with [insert weapon here]’ are a nice idea too. Maybe expensive, but once they’re out, they rock.
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:50 am
Question though - is it just that they get the bonus for hand weapons, even if they don’t actually have one, or does that prevent them from bearing an actual hand weapon? (Or Staff, for Gandalf)
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:07 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Awesome ideas. GP I like them.

BattleWarg wrote:
Question though - is it just that they get the bonus for hand weapons, even if they don’t actually have one, or does that prevent them from bearing an actual hand weapon? (Or Staff, for Gandalf)

If they’re considered to be bearing a hand weapon/staff/etc., than they can’t bear another. I would think it would be as simple as that.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 am
So basically, what you are doing here is taking two cards and combining them into one so that you will only have to include one card in your deck instead of two, therefore saving space? Cool! Have a GP. Razz

EDIT: I’ve considered doing something like this only with combined characters in a single card (i.e. Legolas and Gimli). What do you think?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 am
Dain has done this before, ive seen fili and kili together as an example already. Theyre good if they work but you have to get them spot on or they become unbalanced. Gl!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
You mean like this? Angel

6Legolas & Gimli, Strange Friends Elven/Dwarven
Companions • Elf & Dwarf
Signet: Aragorn
Damage +1. Defender +1.
Archery: Play an Elven archery event or make the fellowship archery total -1 to wound a minion.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas & Gimli or discard an Elven or Dwarven skirmish event from hand to wound a minion.
“We have heard the tale that Legolas took Gimli Glóin’s son with him because of their great friendship, greater than any that has been between Elf and Dwarf.”

A number of advantages, obviously, but plenty of risks as well.

Similarly, with the cards Foresight has made, they’re awesome, but I already see one potential drawback: those weapons are NOT artifacts in this case. That alone gives a normal way of doing, say, Aragorn + Anduril plenty of advantage...which I think is a good thing, frankly.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 am
Yeah. Razz I thought my idea was original too. Oh well. Maybe I could make something like characters that are events.

Example:

4 Rohan Army Rohan
Event - Assignment
Assignment: When you play this event, it becomes a strength 8, vitality 3, and resistance 6 companion until the regroup phase, then discard this event. If this event dies in a skirmish, place it in the dead pile.

What do you guys think?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards