LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:47 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
5 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Site: 2
Fierce. Hunter 1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard this minion.
“...often dark and strange, and filled with a hatred of things that go free upon the earth, gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning: destroyers and usurpers.”

A little underpowered. I would raise his strength to 10. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4 Dark-Hearted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 7
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each weather condition you can spot.
“Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you.”

Nifty! Mr. Green
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
5 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Fierce. Hunter 1.
“...often dark and strange, and filled with a hatred of things that go free upon the earth, gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning: destroyers and usurpers.”

A little underpowered. I would raise his strength to 10. Thumbs Up

I opted to lower his cost to 4, as Foresight recommended. Better?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:21 am
Good stuff. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:13 am
Anybody else? I have more Wraith Tree cards ready to roll, but I wouldn’t mind another review or two of the Trees before I move on.... Angel

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:19 am
Personally, I think that Enduring would be better on Tree of the Old Forest and Dark-Hearted Tree as right now they can’t exert themselves or anything like that, plus these minions can only be played at certain sites. I would remove Hunter or another keyword though. Just my 2 cents. Other then that, looks cool. Can’t wait for more.
Last edited by Aragorn, King in Exile on Wed May 09, 2007 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:19 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Just my humble opinion, but I think that enduring fits better with Old Man Willow....

I really like that idea, but I think that, at this point, that would require a vast revamp of him, since he and other Wraith Trees rely on exerting with their high vitality. So I may incorporate that into some Trees in the future, but for now, I think I’ll leave them as-is. GP for the thought, though. Smile

And GPs to everyone who reviewed, once I’m able to dish them all out. Thanks, everyone! Thumbs Up

Here’s a couple more lesser Trees. Enjoy!

4 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Fierce. Hunter 1.

I like him. I think, though, that the Wraith Trees need some site manipulation, or they’re worthless.

Minion • Tree
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
“Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you.”

Cool!
"Forth Eorlingas!"
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:27 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
[quote="DáinIronfoot"

Minion • Tree
Fierce. Hunter 1.

I would make it strength 10; otherwise it seems pretty weak. No real reason to use it.

Minion • Tree
Damage +1. Hunter 2.

Looks good! Thumbs Up

[/quote]
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Alright, I made both non-unique Trees enduring. How do they look now? Twisted Evil

Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:52 pm
Sweetness. Twisted Evil

Can’t wait for more!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Tree
Enduring. Fierce.

Cool. With site-keywords becoming more important with the new site path, I like these kind of restrictions coming back again. And some more site 2 minions are always welcome.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Tree
Strength: 6
Enduring. Damage +1.

I’m not up to date with the rest of your dream cards, but I assume you created some more weather conditions? I like the idea behind it.

Anyway, with a couple of Wraith-exert cards they’ll be nice to get the enduring working, otherwise they might be a bit weak.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards