LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yes, there will be a few ways to exert the Trees. And yes, I have new weather cards, like the following:

1Shadowed Land Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Each Tree is strength +1 (or +2 if the fellowship is in region 1).
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or plains site.
“But after a while the air began to get hot and stuffy. The trees drew close again on either side, and they could no longer see far ahead.”

2Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
To play, spot 3 Trees (or 2 Tree minions).
The Free Peoples player may not reveal cards from your hand or any draw deck.
Each time the Free Peoples player is about to draw a card, you may exert a Wraith Tree to prevent that.
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site.
“...they could see little but mists over the damp and deep-cut valley; and beyond it the southern half of the Forest faded from view.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yes, there will be a few ways to exert the Trees. And yes, I have new weather cards, like the following:

1 Shadowed Land Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or plains site.
“But after a while the air began to get hot and stuffy. The trees drew close again on either side, and they could no longer see far ahead.”
make it unique.

1 Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site.
“...they could see little but mists over the damp and deep-cut valley; and beyond it the southern half of the Forest faded from view.”

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Shadowed Land Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.

Make it unique, and otherwise nice card. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.

Couldn’t help but lol at the title. (Maybe I’m just immature) Sounds good, I like it. I’d make it unique with the trees that spot a number of Wraith weather conditions.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:14 pm
Thanks, guys. I made them both unique. Better now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:16 pm
I dunno if you’d want to do this or not, but do you think they should play one sites like the old weather conditions did? I can’t really see anything wrong with these cards atm.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:23 pm
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
I dunno if you’d want to do this or not, but do you think they should play one sites like the old weather conditions did? I can’t really see anything wrong with these cards atm.

I have some weather conditions that do just that, and some that don’t. I even have weather events that obviously don’t really play anywhere, but blow through and wreak havoc and then are gone. Twisted Evil

In the case of these cards, I think the support area works better, as it allows more flexibility with that drawback of discarding when not at certain sites. In some cases though, you’re right: playing on sites makes a lot more sense, and I’ve done that. See the Orc and Moria cultures in Lasting Alliances for a few examples, as well as Green weather cards in Duo #178.

Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:25 pm
k, just a thought.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:10 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Shadowed Land Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
I’ll reserve judgement till I see some site path manipulation or control.

1Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Not so useful. Stops telepathy, but doesn’t do much else. I wouldn’t run it, even for an extra weather.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:05 pm
Alright, I made Queerness of the Wood a bit more evil. Twisted Evil Here’s the new version, along with (finally) a way for Trees to manipulate the sitepath...as well as get some free exerting for their enduring-ness. Enjoy! Very Happy

Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot 3 Trees (or 2 Tree minions).
Each time the Free Peoples player is about to draw a card, you may exert a Wraith Tree to prevent that.

2 Very Unfriendly Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples character, follower, or possession is played, you may heal or exert a Wraith Tree.
Regroup: Spot 2 Tree minions and discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘They do say the trees do actually move, and can surround strangers and hem them in.’”

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:43 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot 3 Trees (or 2 Tree minions).

Oooo me like this its funny. Think it could be reduced to 1 cost.

2 Very Unfriendly Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples character, follower, or possession is played, you may heal or exert a Wraith Tree.
Regroup: Spot 2 Tree minions and discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘They do say the trees do actually move, and can surround strangers and hem them in.’”

Excellent but i think it should be play the next site, not the fellowship’s.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards