LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I realized I didn’t post ANY new cards in any of my DC threads yesterday. Not good! I know Lasting Alliances (and thus, the Duos) are on a short hold right now, but that’s still no excuse. I have a reputation to keep up here! Razz

So here’s a trio of new Wraith weather conditions, lest I go ANOTHER day without anything new. Enjoy!

2Fog on the Barrow-Downs Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot a Wraith Wraith.
Each time you play a Wraith weather card, you may exert or heal a Nazgûl or Wraith Wraith.
“They found that they were upon an island in the fog....a cold grey shadow sprang up in the East behind. The fog rolled up to the walls and rose above them, and as it mounted it bent over their heads until it became a roof....”

2Looming Darkness Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, spot another Wraith weather card to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each Wraith Wraith you can spot.
“...the light was now gone, and clinging night had closed about him, so that it was impossible to be sure of any direction.”

1 Chill Mist Wraith
Condition
Weather. Plays on a site. Limit 1 per site.
To play, spot an enduring or twilight Wraith minion.
The twilight cost of each Wraith and Wraith search card played at this site is -1.
“As they went down the mist became colder and damper, and their hair hung lank and dripping on their foreheads. When they reached the bottom it was so cold that they halted and got out cloaks and hoods, which soon became bedewed with grey drops.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon May 28, 2007 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I realized I didn’t post ANY new cards in any of my DC threads yesterday. Not good! I know Lasting Alliances (and thus, the Duos) are on a short hold right now, but that’s still no excuse. I have a reputation to keep up here! Razz

So here’s a trio of new Wraith weather conditions, lest I go ANOTHER day without anything new. Enjoy!

Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Wraith weather card, you may exert or heal a Nazgûl or Wraith Wraith.
“They found that they were upon an island in the fog....a cold grey shadow sprang up in the East behind. The fog rolled up to the walls and rose above them, and as it mounted it bent over their heads until it became a roof....”
This is great. Not much else to say.

2Looming Darkness Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each Wraith Wraith you can spot.
“...the light was now gone, and clinging night had closed about him, so that it was impossible to be sure of any direction.”
More double-move hate. Pretty cool.

1 Chill Mist Wraith
Condition
The twilight cost of each Wraith and Wraith search card played at this site is -1.
“As they went down the mist became colder and damper, and their hair hung lank and dripping on their foreheads. When they reached the bottom it was so cold that they halted and got out cloaks and hoods, which soon became bedewed with grey drops.”
Seems fine.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:11 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

It could safely be made non-unique. If Hobbits can have Fates Entwined, then Wraith Wraiths can have this.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Looming Darkness Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each Wraith Wraith you can spot.

I’d make it say: "Each time the fellowship moves, spot a Wraith weather card to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each Wraith Wraith you can spot." Just to have that extra spotting requirement on it to stress the theme of your Wraith weather conditions seems appropriate.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Chill Mist Wraith
Condition

Neat! This helps out Gondor Wraiths as well, perhaps that’s what you intended? Good set of cards here that just needed minor improvements/opinionated changes. Wink
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:42 pm
Foresight wrote:
Neat! This helps out Gondor Wraiths as well, perhaps that’s what you intended?

Yep. That was deliberate.

I’m off for my Memorial Day cookout very soon, but here’s a couple new cards for you to look over while I’m gone. Enjoy! Very Happy

2 Barrow-wight Creeper Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Strength: 4
Vitality: 3
Site: 2
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play this minion, you may spot another Wraith Wraith to play a Wraith possession or artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Round the corner a long arm was groping, walking on its fingers towards Sam...and towards the hilt of the sword that lay upon him.”

1 Long Sword of the Barrows Wraith
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a twilight Wraith minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove 2 to add a burden.
“...across their three necks lay one long naked sword.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue May 29, 2007 9:28 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:57 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Wraith
Strength: 5
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play this minion, you may spot another Wraith Wraith to play a Wraith possession or artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Round the corner a long arm was groping, walking on its fingers towards Sam...and towards the hilt of the sword that lay upon him.”

I would drop his strength to 4. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Long Sword of the Barrows Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Neat! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.

I’d take out the possession clause. Very nice!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

I’d make any Wraith possessions like this artifacts, especially with regards to Barrow-Wights. Really nice, but I’d consider taking it down to 1, it’s quite a limited card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Foresight wrote:
Neat! This helps out Gondor Wraiths as well, perhaps that’s what you intended?

Yep. That was deliberate.

I’m off for my Memorial Day cookout very soon, but here’s a couple new cards for you to look over while I’m gone. Enjoy! Very Happy

Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
cool!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

make it or exert him
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:47 am
Okay, made recommended tweaks. Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

Aaaaaaand the Wraith culture is DONE! Look for the next culture to begin very shortly. Smile

EDIT: I’ve started on the Gondor culture now, so check that out. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:06 pm
Well since the Sauron thread for this culture was getting cluttered with Wraith stuff, I figured I’d revive this thread from way back on Page 8 and populate it with a few more Breelander-related cards. As if this culture wasn’t huge enough already.... Rolling Eyes

So, here’s the first new cards in this thread since...wow, apparently May of 2007. Shocked Uh...enjoy!

1 No Trinket You Carry Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Wraith minion to make a Wraith or Sauron minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
“‘You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. ‘Underhill’.’”

Okay, so now we have TWO pumps for our Wraith and Sauron Men. But this is SO much more than that, because it works for ANY minion in those cultures! Men, Orcs, Nazgûl...even Sauron himself can use this. And there are several ways to force the Ring-bearer to wear the Ring in this set: both the Wraith and Sauron cultures have a couple. And here’s one more that makes this a lethal combo when using Wraith or Sauron Men....

3 Too Careless Wraith
Event • Assignment
Make the Free Peoples player choose 2 Wraith or Sauron Men, then assign one of those Men to the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase to prevent this.
“How it came to be on his finger he could not tell....For a moment he wondered if the Ring itself had not played him a trick; perhaps it had tried to reveal itself in response to some wish or command that was felt in the room.”

I know you probably don’t recall, but the Nazgûl themselves have another card in this set to make the Ring-bearer put on the Ring:

0 Fear of Discovery Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Exert a Nazgûl to make the opponent choose to either exert 2 companions or make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“He hardly dared to breathe, and yet the desire to get it out of his pocket became so strong that he began slowly to move his hand. He felt that he had only to slip it on, and then he would be safe.”

The main difference with Too Careless, of course, is that it requires you to use not just Nazgûl, but Men. The good news is that, assuming I did the wording correctly, it can work even with just ONE eligible Man, so you can splash one in with your Nazgûl (several Men slide in with them very nicely). And since this card is a real win-win for you, it’s possibly the most powerful force-wearing card yet. Twisted Evil
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:14 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 No Trinket You Carry Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Make a Wraith or Sauron minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
“‘You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. ‘Underhill’.’”

Good solid pump fitting into the themes of both cultures! No complaints. Not a fantastic title, though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Too Careless Wraith
Event • Assignment
Make the Free Peoples player choose 2 Wraith or Sauron Men, then assign one of those Men to the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase to prevent this.
“How it came to be on his finger he could not tell....For a moment he wondered if the Ring itself had not played him a trick; perhaps it had tried to reveal itself in response to some wish or command that was felt in the room.”

Good attempt at balance. Probably fine, though perhaps a bit expensive. The Ring of Doom or AtAR actually help when wearing the One Ring, so it’s not necessarily such a disadvantage.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Fear of Discovery Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Exert a Nazgûl to make the opponent choose to either exert 2 companions or make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“He hardly dared to breathe, and yet the desire to get it out of his pocket became so strong that he began slowly to move his hand. He felt that he had only to slip it on, and then he would be safe.”

This is very like an Isengard card, no?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards