LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Too Careless Wraith
Event • Assignment
Make the Free Peoples player choose 2 Wraith or Sauron Men, then assign one of those Men to the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase to prevent this.
“How it came to be on his finger he could not tell....For a moment he wondered if the Ring itself had not played him a trick; perhaps it had tried to reveal itself in response to some wish or command that was felt in the room.”

Good attempt at balance. Probably fine, though perhaps a bit expensive. The Ring of Doom or AtAR actually help when wearing the One Ring, so it’s not necessarily such a disadvantage.

True enough, but with the threat of more cards that hurt you while wearing the Ring than ever before (11 in this set alone, by my count), you might think twice about doing it willingly now.

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Fear of Discovery Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Exert a Nazgûl to make the opponent choose to either exert 2 companions or make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“He hardly dared to breathe, and yet the desire to get it out of his pocket became so strong that he began slowly to move his hand. He felt that he had only to slip it on, and then he would be safe.”

This is very like an Isengard card, no?

Almost an exact clone of Saruman’s Reach, yes. But no one seemed to particularly mind when I initially posted it, even though they realized the same thing.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 No Trinket You Carry Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Make a Wraith or Sauron minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
“‘You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. ‘Underhill’.’”
wow...for anything? IDK it just seems so anti sauron

3 Too Careless Wraith
Event • Assignment
Make the Free Peoples player choose 2 Wraith or Sauron Men, then assign one of those Men to the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase to prevent this.
“How it came to be on his finger he could not tell....For a moment he wondered if the Ring itself had not played him a trick; perhaps it had tried to reveal itself in response to some wish or command that was felt in the room.”
cool.

0 Fear of Discovery Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Exert a Nazgûl to make the opponent choose to either exert 2 companions or make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“He hardly dared to breathe, and yet the desire to get it out of his pocket became so strong that he began slowly to move his hand. He felt that he had only to slip it on, and then he would be safe.”

make it cost 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm
DainIronfoot wrote:
Almost an exact clone of Saruman’s Reach, yes. But no one seemed to particularly mind when I initially posted it, even though they realized the same thing.

I didn’t mind, it was just an observation.

Also, your links don’t seem to be working for me.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:38 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Also, your links don’t seem to be working for me.

Wuh-oh. Looks like Kralik’s site is down.

Nooooooo! Crying or Very sad
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Event • Skirmish
Make a Wraith or Sauron minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
“‘You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. ‘Underhill’.’”

I have a problem with this. Sauron minions didnt have strength pumps apart from enduring evil, really it wasnt a strength for them. They didnt have a classic +2 ( or +4) like othe cultures and for flavour i would remove that or make you spot a wraith first to do it. They ahd to work for them like burdens or sites controlled etc..

3 Too Careless Wraith
Event • Assignment

Cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:25 am
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish
“‘You draw far Too Much Attention to yourself, Mr. ‘Underhill’.’”

I have a problem with this. Sauron minions didnt have strength pumps apart from Enduring Evil, really it wasnt a strength for them. They didnt have a classic +2 ( or +4) like othe cultures and for flavour i would remove that or make you spot a wraith first to do it. They ahd to work for them like burdens or sites controlled etc..

I’ll make it spot a Wraith minion. Thumbs Up Fair enough?

New stuff! Uh...yeah, nothing more to add, really. Enjoy! Smile

0 Drawn In Secret Wraith
Event • Shadow
Choose one: play a Nazgûl at twilight cost -X (limit -4), where X is the number of Wraith and Sauron Men you can spot; or play a Wraith or Sauron Man at twilight cost -X (limit -4), where X is the number of Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘...I heard voices by the hedge. One was muttering; and the other was whispering, or hissing.’”

Dark Approach’s new cousin. Twisted Evil

1 Not To Be Trusted Wraith
Event • Shadow
Exert 2 Man minions to make the Free Peoples player add a threat or a burden for each Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘An account of your performance would be very interesting to certain people....It seems to me only too likely that they will hear of it before this night is over.’”

Too harsh? Or too cheap?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:32 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Drawn In Secret Wraith
Event • Shadow
Choose one: play a Nazgûl at twilight cost -X, where X is the number of Wraith and Sauron Men you can spot; or play a Wraith or Sauron Man at twilight cost -X, where X is the number of Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘...I heard voices by the hedge. One was muttering; and the other was whispering, or hissing.’”

Borderline costing 1; plus, Dark Approach has the -4 limit. So I’d either up the cost or tack on the limit. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Shadow
Exert 2 Man minions to make the Free Peoples player add a threat or a burden for each Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘An account of your performance would be very interesting to certain people....It seems to me only too likely that they will hear of it before this night is over.’”

Seems balanced. Smile
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

I’ll make it spot a Wraith minion. Thumbs Up Fair enough?

Yeah better.

0 Drawn In Secret Wraith
Event • Shadow
Choose one: play a Nazgûl at twilight cost -X (limit -4), where X is the number of Wraith and Sauron Men you can spot; or play a Wraith or Sauron Man at twilight cost -X (limit -4), where X is the number of Nazgûl you can spot.

Id make this 2 cards if you insist on it, and split it the obvious way. Dont like how powerful AND versatile it can be.

Event • Shadow

Hmmm well you need to men out plus 2 nazgul for it to be worth it so probably ok but i would remove the burden bit thats sick.

Too harsh? Or too cheap?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Drawn In Secret Wraith
Event • Shadow

’Play a Nazgul at twilight cost -1 for each Wraith and Sauron Man you can spot...’ etc. sounds a lot nicer to me, but I like it. Very funky. Problem is that Dark Approach is a card you need a build a whole deck around while this one just works in itself. I suggest an additional cost like an exertion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Shadow

Probably fine. Looks unlikely for you to get any burdens unless you make some threat-adding cards for this theme, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0 Drawn In Secret Wraith
Event • Shadow
works for me. maybe make it limit -3.

Event • Shadow

give em a way to prevent IMSO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards