LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot 3 Trees (or 2 Tree minions).
The Free Peoples player may not reveal cards from your hand or any draw deck.
Each time the Free Peoples player is about to draw a card, you may exert a Wraith Tree to prevent that.
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site.
“...they could see little but mists over the damp and deep-cut valley; and beyond it the southern half of the Forest faded from view.”
cool. very cool.

2 Very Unfriendly Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples character, follower, or possession is played, you may heal or exert a Wraith Tree.
Regroup: Spot 2 Tree minions and discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘They do say the trees do actually move, and can surround strangers and hem them in.’”

how many tree minions have you made?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:25 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
how many tree minions have you made?

Well, there’s Old Man Willow, of course, and the two non-unique ones you’ve already seen, and...oh yeah, these! Very Happy

4 Watchful Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Site: 2
Fierce. Hunter 2.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each other Wraith Tree you can spot.
“‘I thought all the trees were whispering to each other, passing news and plots along in an unintelligible language; and the branches swayed and groped without any wind.’”

3 Twisted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Hunter 3.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, the Free Peoples player cannot replace that site.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary).
“‘Whenever one comes inside one finds open tracks; but they seem to shift and change from time to time in a queer fashion.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu May 10, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:28 am
Both very balanced and cool cards Dain, im really liking how these are shaping up!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:40 am
Cool stuff Dain! Again, I think Enduring would be better on them then Hunter, but that’s just me. I really like the second guy you posted. Interested to see if these guys will get anything more to will help them control the site path. Maybe something that makes a site gain a keyword?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 am
Ooo ooo i agree with KiE enduring would be cooler than hunter as trees dont strike me as particularly hunterish! But enduring would make these guys too much like your spiders. Hmmm.... Toughy!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:48 am
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
Cool stuff Dain! Again, I think Enduring would be better on them then Hunter, but that’s just me.

Yeah, but the other two are enduring now, and I like that, but I wanted these guys to rely on a different sort of strategy.

I really like the second guy you posted. Interested to see if these guys will get anything more to will help them control the site path. Maybe something that makes a site gain a keyword?

That’s a good idea. I’ll see if I can make a card that does that. However, between the Twisted Tree and the Very Unfriendly condition, I think they have pretty decent site control already, don’t you?

Thanks for the reviews, you two. If you HAVE time, KiE (since lem0n already got it) I’m looking for a couple reviews to my last Duo from yesterday. GP for it, if you’re interested. Smile

Also, a GP to you both for THESE reviews once I am able.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:50 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4 Watchful Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Fierce. Hunter 2.
This minion is strength +1 for each Wraith Tree you can spot.
“‘I thought all the trees were whispering to each other, passing news and plots along in an unintelligible language; and the branches swayed and groped without any wind.’”

Neat. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Twisted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Hunter 3.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, the Free Peoples player cannot replace that site.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘Whenever one comes inside one finds open tracks; but they seem to shift and change from time to time in a queer fashion.’”

You need to add "(replacing an opponent’s site if necessary)." at the end of the text. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:52 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Twisted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Hunter 3.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play the fellowship’s next site.

You need to add "(replacing an opponent’s site if necessary)." at the end of the text. Thumbs Up

Good call, AP. Thanks! GP

Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:52 am
Oooo, okay. I was just wondering if you wanted to make the Enduring keyword a "theme" among the trees, but I like the variations. As for the site control, yeah it works, but what happens if your current site is not a marsh or forest? Then you can’t play the minions or activate the conditions that do allow you to control the site path. Well, there’s always Nelya... Rolling Eyes

EDIT: As far as the cards you did yesterdays. They are great! They combo really well with the enduring trees. I wish I could say more, but I couldn’t see anything right off that looked wrong with them.
Last edited by Aragorn, King in Exile on Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:54 am
Oooo, okay. I was just wondering if you wanted to make the Enduring keyword a "theme" among the trees, but I like the variations. As for the site control, yeah it works, but what happens if your current site is not a marsh or forest? Then you can’t play the minions or activate the conditions that do allow you to control the site path. Well, there’s always Nelya... Rolling Eyes

Hence the reason that you’re right: I could use one more card, perhaps one that adds the keyword forest or something. Think

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards