LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Ship of Smoke?

5 (Best)  
27%
  [ 5 ]  27%

38%
  [ 7 ]  38%

22%
  [ 4 ]  22%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:07 pm

I always likeed this scene, and it seems a lot like the old Gandalf search. A Pipeweed condition for this makes sense, and doesn’t seem that bad, unless you’re able to get the pipeweed into play out of the fellowship phase.

Even then, as I said, I like the throwback to Questions that need answering, and Needs Risk a Little Light, and the fact it fits inbetween.

On the one hand, it can be put into play without needing anything - although being unique, you can’t get multiples (luckily). In a pipeweed deck, this could still get quite a few cards into hand, although your Shadow cards may be lost, without a whole lot to help it (between Gandalf and Hobbits).
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Does taking cards into hand like that count as drawing cards?

I assume that you still can’t get more than 4, even though I can’t remember the exact wording of the rule, but would stuff like this trigger cards that are triggered by drawing?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:37 pm
Yes, this card is still subject to the Rule of 4.
All cards do what they say.
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:45 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, that’s what I figured. I couldn’t remember if the rule was only "drawing" cards, or taking into hand.

Does this count as "drawing," though?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 pm
No, it does not count as drawing cards. But the Rule of 4 says you can’t draw or take into hand more than 4 cards during your fellowship phase.
All cards do what they say.
yerkamig
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:52 am
This is crazy with Southfarthing Leaf. And with no drawing limit in the regroup you could empty your deck of Southfarthing while drawing cards the whole time. Crazy good!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:36 am
yerkamig wrote:
This is crazy with Southfarthing Leaf. And with no drawing limit in the regroup you could empty your deck of Southfarthing while drawing cards the whole time. Crazy good!

Good catch yerka GP i like that idea. This card can have a 3. Its good but not useful generally.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:36 am
Sweet card! This could really help in making a triple move with Radagast, The Brown. On a few lucky draws, you could get Out of the High Airs, Terrible and Evil, etc. Shocked
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I give it a 4. Pretty useful in the right deck, and like BW, I like how this harkens back to cards long ago rotated out. However, if you HAVEN’T rotated such cards out and still play Expanded or Open or something, I ALSO like how this says "pipeweed card", meaning you’re not limited to using it with the new pipeweed conditions, but can also use your old pipeweed possessions! Good stuff.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:50 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Good card.
As Dain pointed out it works with the old school ’weed and the new condition pipeweed.
Nice to see D trying to bring back a concept that was pretty sweet.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit