LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:57 am
Memories is a set that reflects on the events leading up to the destruction of the One Ring.

This set is being put together by Foresight and I and will contain 60 rares, 60 uncommons, and 60 commons and 4 promos.

5 •Shagrat, Captain of Morgul Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 5
Damage +1.
While the number of companions is greater than the number of minions you can spot, Shagrat gains hunter 3.
While the number of minions is greater than the number of companions you can spot, Shagrat is fierce.
0P118

13 •The Balrog, Demon of Khazad-dum Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Moria Orc, skirmishes cannot be canceled and companions cannot be discarded.
While you can spot more minions than companions or if the fellowship is at an underground site, The Balrog is fierce.
0P119

2 •Gollum, Treacherous Toad Gollum
Minion
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 3
When you play Gollum, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each companion over 5.
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, add a threat.
0P120

3 •Bard, Dragon-Slayer Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 6
Archer.
To play, spot a Gandalf man.
Each time a Gandalf companion takes a wound, you may exert a minion.
0P121
Last edited by NBarden on Wed May 09, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:30 pm
Like Shagrat a lot!
Given the theme of these cards, I would take out the underground bit from the second ability of the Balrog. And the subtitle is a bit too similar to Terror of Khazad-Dum. Maybe it should be Demon of Morgoth?
Treacherous Toad is a fantastic subtitle, but I’m worried that he might be too good. Maybe exert each companion with low resistance, or some other condition that ties in with a theme of your set?
Bard is rocking, but I prefer ’Dragon-Slayer’ as a subtitle.

I look forward to seeing some more cards as cool as these.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:23 pm
Spoiler for the set: No Orc culture, and Moria revived! Twisted Evil
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
They’re good; don’t think Shagrat needs those "you can spot"s, though.
"Forth Eorlingas!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Quote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
While the number of companions is greater than the number of minions you can spot, Shagrat gains hunter 3.
While the number of minions is greater than the number of companions you can spot, Shagrat is fierce.
0P118

Cool.

Quote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Moria Orc, skirmishes cannot be canceled and companions cannot be discarded.
While you can spot more minions than companions or if the fellowship is at an underground site, The Balrog is fierce.
0P119

No problems I can see, though the subtitle is kinda meh.

Quote:
Minion
When you play Gollum, spot 6 companions to make the Free Peoples player exert every companion.
0P120

There’s that Rule of 5 enforcement again. Razz I’d instead do something like "when you play Gollum, the Free Peoples player must exert X companions, where X is the number of companions over 4". Or something similiar, because exerting potentially EVERY companion AND adding threats is a bit much.

Quote:
3 •Bard, Slayer of Smaug Gandalf
Companion • Man
Archer.
0P121

"Man" needs to be capitalized. I also think there needs to be some low cost for that ability, like adding 1 or exerting a Gandalf companion or something.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:01 pm
NBarden wrote:
Memories is a set that reflects on the events leading up to the destruction of the One Ring.

This set is being put together by Foresight and I and will contain 60 rares, 60 uncommons, and 60 commons and 4 promos.

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
0P118

Cool! Maybe slightly powerful, but I like the effects a lot.

NBarden wrote:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1.
0P119

Great to see a new Balrog again. A nice version.

NBarden wrote:

Minion
When you play Gollum, spot 6 companions to make the Free Peoples player exert every companion.
0P120

There are a lot of Gollum’s already, but this one is certainly a great addition to the arsenal of the Gollum culture. Maybe make the exertions conditional, though. For example, two exertions for each companion over 5.

NBarden wrote:

Companion • Man
Archer.
0P121

This is my favorite card of the lot. A great addition to the Gandalf Men. The archer is a nice touch, and the special skill is well-thought of.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
0P118
cool. make him cost 6 though

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1.
0P119
nice

Minion
When you play Gollum, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each companion over 5.
0P120
sure

Companion • Man
Archer.
0P121

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:54 pm
Other Shagrats cost 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
he can’t be such high strength. yours is better.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 am
I was gonna review like usual using quote and then insert opinion but wanted to say that i think all of them are sweet. The damned if you do/dont duality of shagrat is class. I love the balrog, gollum is cool, and Brand kicks ass. Cool cards guys! Applause
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards