LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:08 pm
2 •Anduril, Great Blade Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a unique Gondor Man. Bearer is damage +1.
Maneuver: If bearer is Aragorn, add 2 or have him lose a keyword he has until the regroup phase to make him strength + 3 until the regroup phase (limit +5).
"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be."

4 •Aragorn, Renowned Ranger Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Archer. Damage +1. Defender +1. Hunter 1. Ranger.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a burden.
"I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail."

3 •Boromir, Tempted by the Ring Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each burden. Discard Boromir if he has 0 resistance.
"He would have stretched out his hand to this thing, and taking it, he would have fallen."

1 •Denethor, Misguided Gondor
Companion • Man
Each time a Gondor companion takes a wound, wound Denethor or add a burden.
"We shall burn, like the heathen kings of old."

3 •Faramir, Fallen Son Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
When you play Faramir, if you spot 3 or more burdens, you may remove a burden.
Each companion with a resistance of 6 or higher is strength +1 for each Gondor card in your dead pile.
Each companion with a resistance of 5 or lower is strength -1 for each Gondor card in your dead pile.
"I do not believe this darkness will endure."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Wed May 16, 2007 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:17 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
0 •Anduril, Great Blade Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Fellowship: If bearer is Aragorn, add 1 or have him lose a keyword he has until the regroup phase to make him strength + 2 until the regroup phase (limit +3).

So, technically you could make him lose ’Man’ or Gondor! Fun! Should cost more (it’s not a ring, however much it looks like one, with the vitality bonus and such like) maybe 2 if you raised the limit. And the ability should be maneuver, otherwise you can’t see the minions in play when you use it. And take out the add 1 bit, it’s more fun without it.

Companion • Man
"I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail."

Hilarious! Archer might be a bit much. Also, put armor of the white city on him, then he’s a knight as well and his sword is even better!

Companion • Man
Ranger.
"He would have stretched out his hand to this thing, and taking it, he would have fallen."

Very clever.

0 •Denethor, Misguided Gondor
Companion • Man

Again, very clever. I think 0 is too cheap, though, his penalty isn’t the worst thing ever. Though in combination with aragorn above, this is an easy road to corruption.

Companion • Man
While this is in your dead pile, each companion with a resistance of 6 or higher is strength +1.

He never actually died, though did he! His second ability is useless given the characters you just quoted above, so all I can say is that I hope there are more resistance boosting and/or burden removing Gondor cards.

Fantastic ideas.GP

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:22 am
Thanks for the comments, Thranduil! I adjusted my Gondor cards, so any comments on if they’re better now are very welcome!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:56 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
2 •Anduril, Great Blade Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Maneuver: If bearer is Aragorn, add 2 or have him lose a keyword he has until the regroup phase to make him strength + 3 until the regroup phase (limit +5).
loaded or unloaded? or both that would make sense

Companion • Man
interesting make it or a threat.

Companion • Man
Ranger.
cut his resistance to 4.

1 •Denethor, Misguided Gondor
Companion • Man
weird
Companion • Man
Each companion with a resistance of 6 or higher is strength +1 for each Gondor card in your dead pile.
Each companion with a resistance of 5 or lower is strength -1 for each Gondor card in your dead pile.

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:55 am
Thanks for the comments! Time for the Isengard culture.

4 •Saruman, Dark Wizard Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Site: 4
To play, spot a minion.
Shadow: Play a minion with twilight cost of 2 or higher of a culture you cannot spot. It is twilight cost -1 (or -2 if you discard a card from hand).
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice and discard a card from hand to play a possession of the same culture as the discarded card from your draw deck.
"Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-earth. The old world will burn in the fires of industry. Forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the orc."

0 •The Palantíri, Stones of Seeing Isengard
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Wizard.
Each time a player draws a card or takes a card in hand (except during the regroup phase), reveal that card. The opponent of that player on his or her right may discard two cards from hand to discard that card.
Response: When an event is played, you may exert Saruman to remove that event from the game after the effects are resolved.
"What did you see?"
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Wed May 16, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:01 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Minion • Wizard
To play, spot a minion.
Shadow: Play a minion of a culture you cannot spot. It is twilight cost -2.
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice and discard a card from hand to play a possession of the same culture as the discarded card from your draw deck.
"Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-earth. The old world will burn in the fires of industry. Forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the orc."

I think the Shadow ability needs a cost, or else you could play a ton of minions at once, very cheaply, if you loaded the deck with lots of Shadow cultures. Even in Standard play, I think that would make up to SEVEN different minions you could play, all for -2 cost. Not good. Perhaps remove a burden or threat, or at least discard from hand or something.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Wizard.
Each time a player draws a card or takes a card in hand (except during the regroup phase), reveal that card. The opponent of that player on his or her right may discard two cards from hand to discard that card.
Response: When an event is played, you may exert Saruman twice to remove that event from the game and prevent its effects.
"What did you see?"

Very neat. I like how the first text helps everybody.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:03 am
But it’s very risky, having a lot of different shadow cultures in your deck, so I thought it balanced out. I’ll think about a way to balance it. Thanks for the comments!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:25 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Thanks for the comments! Time for the Isengard culture.

Minion • Wizard
To play, spot a minion.

Dain is right, it needs a cost. The gondor cards are fine, by the way.

Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Wizard.
Response: When an event is played, you may exert Saruman twice to remove that event from the game and prevent its effects.
"What did you see?"

Very nice, but preventing or canceling events is not a common thing in LOTR, so I have no idea how balanced the ability is. I’d be tempted to just remove it from the game and not cancel it, but I’m not sure.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:

Minion • Wizard
To play, spot a minion.
sweet! but make it exert him. for the first ability.

Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot a Wizard.
"What did you see?"

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:50 pm
Adapted the cards, thanks for the comments.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards