LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:52 am
It’s time for the Men culture

2 •Grima, Whispering Underling Men
Follower
Aid- Discard a Free Peoples card from hand.
Each companion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the Free Peoples players’ hand. You may discard a card from hand to discard a card of the same type revealed.
"A just question, my liege."

3 •The Great Battle Men
Condition • Support Area
Each character with a twilight cost of 4 or more is strength + 2.
Shadow: Discard this condition and spot your other Men condition to take a minion from your draw deck into hand.
"Fight!"

And since Moria is one card only, I’ll just post that one as well:

9 •The Balrog, Fierce and Fearsome Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 4
Damage +1. Fierce.
To play, discard an Orc with twilight cost of 3 or higher.
At the start of the assignment phase the Free Peoples may place a companion with strength 7 or higher in his or her dead pile to discard this minion.
"From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth.."

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as always!
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu May 17, 2007 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:00 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote:

Follower
Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the Free Peoples players’ hand. You may discard your card from hand to discard a card of the same type revealed.

Is it possible to have anybody else’s card in your hand? Should say ’discard a card from your hand’ and ’to discard a card revealed of the same type.’ Nice.

3 •The Great Battle Men
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Discard this condition and spot your other Men condition to take a minion from your draw deck into hand.

Interesting. Incredibly interesting, in fact. Good stuff. GP

And since Moria is one card only, I’ll just post that one as well:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
At the start of the assignment phase the Free Peoples may place a companion with strength 7 or higher in his or her dead pile to discard this minion.

Interesting thought, his first text, but I’m not sure how much difference it makes compared to costing 12 and spotting an Orc to play. Damage and fierce should be bolded, but I like the assignment thing, actually makes you want to kill Gandalf, as of all dead companions, he’s the easiest to get back!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:

Follower
Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the Free Peoples players’ hand. You may discard a card from hand to discard a card of the same type revealed.
sweet

3 •The Great Battle Men
Condition • Support Area
"Fight!"
weird...cut cost to 2.

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
"From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth.."

weird but cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Follower

I think Thranduil’s suggested wording IS a little cleaner, but this isn’t bad by any means. Neat card. Just make sure to bold things like "Aid" and "Skirmish:", though if memory serves, I couldn’t ever get you to do that in Decipher’s forums either. Razz

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
3 •The Great Battle Men
Condition • Support Area
"Fight!"

That almost certainly benefits Shadow more than FP, which is not a bad thing. I like it, though I’d probably limit the culture of the minions you can grab to Men and maybe Raider. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.

Very, very interesting. The only change I’d recommend is either adding or dropping a "." at the end of the lore. Razz Otherwise, this is pretty darn cool. Thumbs Up You might even be able to get away with dropping the Orc part and making him cost 10, though I’m not entirely sure. Perhaps if you allow discarding ANY Orc and making him cost 10...that would certainly be balanced, I think. And funny. Razz "Why did you play a Scurrying Goblin without another Orc minion around...? OH HOLY $%^#@!!!"
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:46 am
Here’s Rohan:

5 • A War to be Fought Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
To play, spot Theoden.
At the start of each skirmish involving a Valiant companion and a minion with strength 9 or less, you may draw a card or exert that minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving a Valiant companion and a minion with strength 10 or higher, you may reinforce a Rohan token or make that companion strength +2.
"A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!"

3 •Eomer, Pragmatic Fighter Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1. Valiant.
While you can spot a Rohan Man, Eomer’s twilight cost is -1.
Each companion skirmishing a minion with strength 9 or less is strength +1.
"I do not doubt his heart, only the reach of his arm."

2 •Eowyn, Courageous Fighter Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7
Valiant.
While Eowyn is assigned to a minion with strength 10 or higher, each other unbound companion is strength +1 and resistance +1.
"Courage, Merry, courage for our friends."

3 •Theoden, Redeemed Ruler Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant.
Each time Theoden takes a wound in a skirmish, you may reinforce a Rohan token and make a Rohan companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"I would have you smile again, not grieve for those whose time has come."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Mon May 21, 2007 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
3 • A War to be Fought Rohan
Condition • Support Area
At the start of a skirmish involving a Valiant companion and a minion with strength 9 or less, you may draw a card or exert that minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving a Valiant companion and a minion with strength 10 or higher, you may reinforce a Rohan token or make that companion strength +2.

Should be "...at the start of each skirmish...", and "valiant" should not be capitalized.

I would also put a spotting requirement on this, since it’s pretty powerful. Perhaps "To play, spot 3 valiant Men (or Theoden)."

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Valiant.

Neat. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While Eowyn is assigned to a minion with strength 10 or higher, each other unbound companion is strength +1 and resistance +1.

Coolness. Better have good healing or some way to pump her up, though, or that won’t last long. Doesn’t mean I’d change it, though. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.
Each time Theoden takes a wound, you may reinforce a Rohan token and make an unbound companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Perhaps limit that wounding to skirmishes, and the unbound companion that gets the strength boost to Rohan companions.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:50 am
Thanks! Adjusted, hope they’re better now.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:51 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Here’s Rohan:

Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
To play, spot Theoden.
At the start of each skirmish involving a Valiant companion and a minion with strength 9 or less, you may draw a card or exert that minion.

Nice card, if a little complicated.

Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Valiant.

I don’t like his ability, it’s too good as swarm protection and has no real cost attached. Should be Rohan or unbound companion.

Companion • Man
Valiant.

Great, but why the resistance bonus? Do rohan care that much about resistance?

Companion • Man
Valiant.
Each time Theoden takes a wound in a skirmish, you may reinforce a Rohan token and make a Rohan companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.

I really like this guy! Good job.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Here’s Rohan:

Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
To play, spot Theoden.
sweet lore! OK imho it should have discard this condition at the end of this turn.

Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Valiant.
cool make it unbound companion though

Companion • Man
Valiant.
cool!

Companion • Man
Valiant.

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:36 am
I skipped the Orc, because there are only two, and there’s just one Sauron card, I thought I’d put them together.

2 •A Dark Path Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a minion.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may make the Free Peoples player choose: add 2, or have you make the next site lose or gain a keyword of your choice.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to play a Orc minion from your discard pile.
"I do not know the way."

10 •Cave Troll of Moria, Monstrous Menace Orc
Minion • Troll
Strength: 15
Vitality: 4
Damage +1. Enduring. Fierce.
For each wound on the Cave Troll, it is Attacked +1.
"They have a cave troll!"

Note: Attacked +1 is like Defender +1, but in this case you can assign multiple companions to one minion, instead of assigning multiple minions to one companion.

10 •Sauron, Shadow over Middle-Earth Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 15
Site: 6
Discard all other minions.
After you resolve a skirmish involving Sauron, you may assign him to a companion (except the ring-bearer) that did not skirmish since the Shadow phase.
During a skirmish involving Sauron the Free Peoples’ player may discard a card from hand to heal a companion in that skirmish or make a companion in that skirmish strength +1.
"There are none that can."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Tue May 22, 2007 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards